Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Letter from Congressman Tom McClintock

Qman

Dear Friend:

In the ten months since Obamacare became law, the American people have made it abundantly clear that they do not wish to have bureaucrats dictating individual medical care choices. Because I know how important this issue is to you and your family, I am sending you remarks I delivered today on the House floor during the debate on repealing this government takeover of healthcare. You can also watch the video of this speech here.

I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue and encourage you to email, write or call my office. You will find all necessary contact information at http://mcclintock.house.gov/contact/

Sincerely,

Tom

Repealing Obamacare

House Chamber, Washington, D.C.

January 18, 2011

Madam Speaker:

The central promises of Obamacare were that it would bend health costs down and wouldn't threaten existing plans.

We now know that both these claims were false.

The CBO warns that this law will increase average private premiums by $2,100 within five years above what they otherwise would have been without Obamacare. The administration's own actuary admits that the law bends the cost curve up – not down – by $311 billion over the next ten years.

And we now know that many existing plans are indeed jeopardized and that scores of companies that offered their employees basic plans have either dropped them or continue them only with waivers left to the whims of Administration officials.

But the most dangerous provision of this law is the federal government's assertion that it has the power to force every American to purchase products the government believes they should purchase, whether or not they want them, need them, or can afford them.

If this precedent prevails, the federal government will have usurped authority over every aspect of individual choice in the care of our families and can logically extend that power to every other commodity in the market.

The tragedy is that every day we continue down this road is a day we have lost to address the real problems in our healthcare system: the spiraling costs of malpractice litigation and defensive medicine, the loss of freedom to shop across state lines, the loss of freedom to tailor plans to the needs of individuals and families, and the absence of the tax advantages that families need to afford and choose their own health plan according to their own needs.

Churchill said, "All men make mistakes but wise men learn from them."

The American people understand that Obamacare was a huge mistake. Let us acknowledge that, learn from it, and move on to enact the reforms that will reduce health costs and increase health care choices for families.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 3

I don't know if this is for show on the Republican part but I hope it is what's to come O man has already said if it got to his desk he would veto it but I hope they keep pushing this issue...

Yes, I am one of those Gun Toatin', Bible Carrin' clingin' to their God and Guns people Obama warned you about...biggrin.gif

• Upvote 4

I don't know if this is for show on the Republican part but I hope it is what's to come O man has already said if it got to his desk he would veto it but I hope they keep pushing this issue...

Yes, I am one of those Gun Toatin', Bible Carrin' clingin' to their God and Guns people Obama warned you about...biggrin.gif

SSHHHH We don't want any Blacked Out SUVS pulling up.

• Upvote 1

unfortuniatly I live on post so they can find me pretty fast LOL... when I was down helping out with the Hurricane Katrina fall out I worked with some of those guys in the black SUVs and they are just as scary as one might expect... I just drove them around when there SUVs couldn't get through the water... Silly US Government... LOL

• Upvote 1

thanks for the post ! We need a reformation of gov. duties / power /pay /and accountability to the republic they serve! WE the people! I also beleive our politics translate to the value of our currancy, witch in turn will affect the true value of our cashed in dinar !

Don't wan't new found wealth to turn back into toilet paper after conversion ! Thanks again for the update of our nations count down .PEace :D

• Upvote 1

If you goning to put up something about government please keep it related to dinars info there is enough problems with are government that bring every one down, so if you have new about dinars and our govenment please by all means let us know about it

NOW WHAT PART OF OFF TOPIC DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND???

• Upvote 1

If you goning to put up something about government please keep it related to dinars info there is enough problems with are government that bring every one down, so if you have new about dinars and our govenment please by all means let us know about it

You have been on here for one month and you are telling people what to post.

• Upvote 1

This is simply posturing, Q.

It is widely understood that even if the House passes repeal, the Senate will not. On the off chance that the Senate does pass repeal ... Obama will veto it. And you will never see that veto overridden. Never.

The only hope that you have is for a Republican to be elected President in the 2012 election. Even then, it will likely be very hard to get it through the Senate.

Just the facts.

TS