Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Over 36 yrs old!

getherdone

If you are 36, or older, you might think this is hilarious!

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... Barefoot... BOTH ways...yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that I'm over the ripe old age of forty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a dang Utopia! And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

1) I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet.. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!!

2) There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

3) Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our butt! Nowhere was safe!

4) There were no MP3's or Napsters or iTunes! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself!

5) Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio, and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and mess it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished, and then the tape would come undone rendering it useless. Cause, hey, that's how we rolled, Baby! Dig?

6) We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, that's it!

7) There weren't any cell phones either. If you left the house, you just didn't make a call or receive one.. You actually had to be out of touch with your "friends". OH MY GOSH !!! Think of the horror... not being in touch with someone 24/7!!! And then there's TEXTING. Yeah, right. Please! You kids have no idea how annoying you are.

8) And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your parents, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, the collection agent... you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

9) We didn't have any fancy PlayStation or Xbox video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your screen guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

10) You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were up the creek when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your butt and walk over to the TV to change the channel!!! NO REMOTES!!! Oh, no, what's the world coming to?!?!

11) There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little brats!

12) And we didn't have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

13) And our parents told us to stay outside and play... all day long. Oh, no, no electronics to soothe and comfort. And if you came back inside... you were doing chores!

And car seats - oh, please! Mom threw you in the back seat and you hung on. If you were lucky, you got the "safety arm" across the chest at the last moment if she had to stop suddenly, and if your head hit the dashboard, well that was your fault for calling "shot gun" in the first place!

See! That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled rotten! You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1970 or any time before!

Regards,

The Over 40 Crowd

(Send this to someone you'd like to make smile)

• Upvote 11

When I was a kid, adults used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were. When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... Barefoot... BOTH ways...yadda, yadda, yadda

And I remember promising myself that when I grew up, there was no way in hell I was going to lay a bunch of crap like that on my kids about how hard I had it and how easy they've got it!

But now that I'm over the ripe old age of forty, I can't help but look around and notice the youth of today. You've got it so easy! I mean, compared to my childhood, you live in a dang Utopia! And I hate to say it, but you kids today, you don't know how good you've got it!

1) I mean, when I was a kid we didn't have the Internet.. If we wanted to know something, we had to go to the library and look it up ourselves, in the card catalog!!

2) There was no email!! We had to actually write somebody a letter - with a pen! Then you had to walk all the way across the street and put it in the mailbox, and it would take like a week to get there! Stamps were 10 cents!

3) Child Protective Services didn't care if our parents beat us. As a matter of fact, the parents of all my friends also had permission to kick our butt! Nowhere was safe!

4) There were no MP3's or Napsters or iTunes! If you wanted to steal music, you had to hitchhike to the record store and shoplift it yourself!

5) Or you had to wait around all day to tape it off the radio, and the DJ would usually talk over the beginning and mess it all up! There were no CD players! We had tape decks in our car. We'd play our favorite tape and "eject" it when finished, and then the tape would come undone rendering it useless. Cause, hey, that's how we rolled, Baby! Dig?

6) We didn't have fancy crap like Call Waiting! If you were on the phone and somebody else called, they got a busy signal, that's it!

7) There weren't any cell phones either. If you left the house, you just didn't make a call or receive one.. You actually had to be out of touch with your "friends". OH MY GOSH !!! Think of the horror... not being in touch with someone 24/7!!! And then there's TEXTING. Yeah, right. Please! You kids have no idea how annoying you are.

8) And we didn't have fancy Caller ID either! When the phone rang, you had no idea who it was! It could be your school, your parents, your boss, your bookie, your drug dealer, the collection agent... you just didn't know!!! You had to pick it up and take your chances, mister!

9) We didn't have any fancy PlayStation or Xbox video games with high-resolution 3-D graphics! We had the Atari 2600! With games like 'Space Invaders' and 'Asteroids'. Your screen guy was a little square! You actually had to use your imagination!!! And there were no multiple levels or screens, it was just one screen... Forever! And you could never win. The game just kept getting harder and harder and faster and faster until you died! Just like LIFE!

10) You had to use a little book called a TV Guide to find out what was on! You were up the creek when it came to channel surfing! You had to get off your butt and walk over to the TV to change the channel!!! NO REMOTES!!! Oh, no, what's the world coming to?!?!

11) There was no Cartoon Network either! You could only get cartoons on Saturday Morning. Do you hear what I'm saying? We had to wait ALL WEEK for cartoons, you spoiled little brats!

12) And we didn't have microwaves. If we wanted to heat something up, we had to use the stove! Imagine that!

13) And our parents told us to stay outside and play... all day long. Oh, no, no electronics to soothe and comfort. And if you came back inside... you were doing chores!

And car seats - oh, please! Mom threw you in the back seat and you hung on. If you were lucky, you got the "safety arm" across the chest at the last moment if she had to stop suddenly, and if your head hit the dashboard, well that was your fault for calling "shot gun" in the first place!

See! That's exactly what I'm talking about! You kids today have got it too easy. You're spoiled rotten! You guys wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in 1970 or any time before!

Regards,

The Over 40 Crowd

OOOPS!

When I was a kid...

Regards,

The Over 40 Crowd

Yes... I remember those days. We we better off in many ways than kids are today. We still sat with the family at supper time (with no television) and had to look dad in the eyes while we decided if lying about who threw the ball through the window was worth the butt whipping we'd take if we got caught in the lie. We had use respectful language (ALL the time) and we were never allowed to be the center of the universe because the sun was already in that role. Necessity drove us to be creative and if you could create a cool fort you would be star for the summer among your friends. No electronic gadgets meant we actually had to be a real friend and listen to each other.

Boy, I could go on and on...

:)

Wow..you guys had it tuff..had to get up to change the channels on the TV. Only had 8 oz coke bottle instead of 64 oz Big Gulps. Had to write real Thank you letters..not emails. Played pinball? Had to settle for Scooby Doo and the Flinstones. Ekkkk! You poor poor children..and look what type of brats you end up raising. ha ha

Gosh, I hope I have equivalent hardships to tell my kids after 36...yes sir, you young whippersnappers many a time I had to wait a full 3 mins while my computer warmed up...and there were times I'd be out of network for a whole two or three seconds at a time...couldn't get my cellphone or ipad to work...I felt all alone.

Just giving you old geezers a hard time! :P

• Upvote 2

That is so true..... I remember when I was in my early teens. Skateboards came out and we actually made our skateboards out of plywood we cut and steel wheels off of old roller skates.

I was one of the fortunate ones that had speeds on my bike. 2 speeds. To change speeds you just moved pedals backwards without putting on brakes. Then go forward again.

I do remember the caretoons. Seems to me they were a lot better back then. I can remember watching My Friend Flicka, Flipper, Gunsmoke, The Virginian, Roy Rogers, and a lot of old shows.

Wow.... thanks for taking me back to the old days. I wouldn't chage them for anything. Well.... maybe an RV.

McMike

YEA,,, WHAT HAPPENED ??? SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD RELIVE THOSE DAYS ,,,SURE DID HAVE A GOOD TIME !!!! YOU GOT MY VOTE ON THAT ONE !!!!

HEY MCME ,,,I HAD ONE OF THOSE 2 SPEED BIKES AND IT WAS A SCHWINN 2 SPEED KICK BACK STINGRAY ,, I LOVED THAT BIKE !!!!! I WILL HAVE TO GIVE YOUR POSTS A 2 WOOFS FOR REMINDING ME OF A GOOD TIME I ONCE HAD !!!!!

I whole heartedly agree! But I must edit number 10 to read: Michael, get up and change the channel, Michael, get up and turn it up, Michael, its buzzing, go SMACK it on the side! Michael, its fuzzy, go adjust the aluminum foil on the rabbit ears, Michael....signed, Michael, the 2 legged remote control. :blink:

• Upvote 1

Yeah..CBS Saturday Morning was what was hapnin' back in the day..You had cartoons like Tarzan, Lord Of The Jungle,Smurfs,Bravestarr...even after school cartoons like The Transformers,Thundercats,He-Man,and Voltron...not to mention good tv shows like The Dukes Of Hazzard,The Incredible Hulk,Creature Feature, Morgus Presents,and Black Belt Theater...man where have the time gone.

I whole heartedly agree! But I must edit number 10 to read: Michael, get up and change the channel, Michael, get up and turn it up, Michael, its buzzing, go SMACK it on the side! Michael, its fuzzy, go adjust the aluminum foil on the rabbit ears, Michael....signed, Michael, the 2 legged remote control. :blink:

Yeah...It's all coming back to me now!!! :lol::lol::lol: