Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Exchange Rate

I did the math on this and the numbers are the percent that the Iraqi Dinar increased each year. For example in 2005 at year end the Dinar was at 1501. and then in 2006 at the end of the year the Dinar was at 1516. So if you look at the chart on page 20 and take 1501 multiply it by the .01 in the 2006 column under exchange rate you come up 15.01 add that to the 2005 rate of 1501 and you come up with 1516. The year end Dinar value for 2006, and then do the same with the following years rates all the way to 2010. Since this document was released before the end of the year the percentage for 2010 says 0 because the year end Dinar value was not yet determined. I hope this helps everyone understand. It's really simple math I'm just not the best teacher.

look at footnote 3 on page 20, it spells out the formula for the figures that we are talking about, and i assure you its not simple math.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well if that is the case it is a very strange coinsidence that if you multiply the previous years end of year rate by the number it comes out to be that years exchange rate for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. I posted the math above in my original post. Those are not made up numbers they are actual end of year numbers. So maybe it is some crazy mathematical coinsidence. 1501 x .01 = 15.01 + 1501 = 1516.01(coinsidence I think not) simple math I think so. I'll let you do the math on the next 4 years and see for yourself. I didn't ask the question I'm just helping answer it

look at footnote 3 on page 20, it spells out the formula for the figures that we are talking about, and i assure you its not simple math.

Also the equation in the foot note is not for figuring out the exchange rate increase it is to figure out the overall effect of the exchange rate increase and debt limiting factors on the economy.

• Upvote 2

Well if that is the case it is a very strange coinsidence that if you multiply the previous years end of year rate by the number it comes out to be that years exchange rate for 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009. I posted the math above in my original post. Those are not made up numbers they are actual end of year numbers. So maybe it is some crazy mathematical coinsidence. 1501 x .01 = 15.01 + 1501 = 1516.01(coinsidence I think not) simple math I think so. I'll let you do the math on the next 4 years and see for yourself. I didn't ask the question I'm just helping answer it

Also the equation in the foot note is not for figuring out the exchange rate increase it is to figure out the overall effect of the exchange rate increase and debt limiting factors on the economy.

Again my math skills are lacking, but the increase from 2010 to 2011 as you say figures out the overall effect of the exchange rate increase and debt limiting factors, and multiplying by .01 doesn't get you there. I am not trying to be an a$$ i just think that the rate (or a close approximation) can be derived from that line. I do not think the missing projections of the rate can be derived by previous years rate if we are indeed looking at a rate change. I do appreciate your input.

• Upvote 1

I did the math on this and the numbers are the percent that the Iraqi Dinar increased each year. For example in 2005 at year end the Dinar was at 1501. and then in 2006 at the end of the year the Dinar was at 1516. So if you look at the chart on page 20 and take 1501 multiply it by the .01 in the 2006 column under exchange rate you come up 15.01 add that to the 2005 rate of 1501 and you come up with 1516. The year end Dinar value for 2006, and then do the same with the following years rates all the way to 2010. Since this document was released before the end of the year the percentage for 2010 says 0 because the year end Dinar value was not yet determined. I hope this helps everyone understand. It's really simple math I'm just not the best teacher.

I was going to say it but Dallas beat me to it. It is far from simple math

Edited by aliveandcare

My concern is the information on page "47". In summary, the primary control for economic stability for the CBI is the exchange rate and the statement that they intent to keep it as it is for some time to maintain that stability. This seems to indicate there will not be an RV any time soon to ensure stability of the economy and hold down inflation. Just my read on it.

My concern is the information on page "47". In summary, the primary control for economic stability for the CBI is the exchange rate and the statement that they intent to keep it as it is for some time to maintain that stability. This seems to indicate there will not be an RV any time soon to ensure stability of the economy and hold down inflation. Just my read on it.

They didnt say that they intend to keep the exchange rate. They said they intend to keep the same strategies in place with the exchange rate to prevent a lot of bad stuff, lol. They can still implement the same policies to control hyper inflation again with a new rate. very easy ;)

It looks to me like it is all compliance issues that have been met. The 2 state owned bank have until 6/2011 to submit their compliance reports but I cannot see that holding up an RV. It is an old doc and a lot has been done since this publishing, it even mentions the Paris Club debt which has also been address and approved.

Does anyone else see different?

Again my math skills are lacking, but the increase from 2010 to 2011 as you say figures out the overall effect of the exchange rate increase and debt limiting factors, and multiplying by .01 doesn't get you there. I am not trying to be an a$$ i just think that the rate (or a close approximation) can be derived from that line. I do not think the missing projections of the rate can be derived by previous years rate if we are indeed looking at a rate change. I do appreciate your input.

Each year is not multiplied by .01 that is just the chnage from 2005 to 2006 the rest of ther years are different and need to be calculated with their respective increase.

Edited by dnardreams

For the people that say "I can't ever find any "non BS" substantial content on this site"......I present this post.

To those that say there is too much sarcasm and senseless bashing..... I present this post.

When you come correct you get nothing but excellent answers like these.

Great job to all involved.

No one can say for sure, but if you have been following it as long as I have, since 2004, then you would know every single goal set has been met. The most important was the stabiligy of dinar, and it has been the most stable currency in the world for the past year when all other currencies, including dollar have dropped in value, and even with drop, the dinar has remained stable, a major goal of Iraq and stated many times publically.

With chapter VII agreed once restoration of previous value of dinar is complete, this too is a major issue which had to be resolved first. Given the fact the coins were removed from market over a year ago, and the fact that all citizens now have debit cards, and as of Oct. 1st, no longer are Iraqi's to use U.S. dollars, what else is left?

Well, the only remaining missing link is the passing of the oil law, but due to the sectarian divide in Iraq between Shiites, Shia and Kurds, it has been held up for over a year, so this too is an issue which has to be resolved, and I believe it is close to being passed, so there you have it, all the major obstacles are completed, or near completed, so we are close as I see it.

Here is the most important thing I see happening by end of year. Given Maliki has done little in the way of helping the citizens and with no electricity available or fuel for cars in many areas, the citizens are still loosing faith in current goverrnment, and Maliki is sweating being reelected, so as I see it, just as is done in the U.S., you will see revalue so that Maliki is reelected, just as those in U.S. paid to insure Obama got in office, it is always about money, so Maliki is smart enough to spread the wealth just before elections, and those debit cards will all be loaded with millions in dinar assuring his reelection, and that is how I see it all coming together, so stay tuned, patience is about to be rewarded.

Success to all,

www.VOIP-COIP.com

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_will_iraqi_dinar_revalue#ixzz1AHoB0o4t