Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi parliament to address 2011 budget tomorrow

tarheel

Saturday, December 25th 2010 8:26 PM

Baghdad, Dec.25 (AKnews) – A member in the Iraqi parliament said Saturday that the parliament addressed reading 2011 budget and voting on the parliamentary commissions to the coming session.

Ali Shebr, a member in the Kurdish Blocs Coalition (KBC, told AKnews that the parliament addressed reading the 2011 budget for tomorrow session, based on a request from the financial commission and the Kurdistan Coalition.

Shebr said that the parliament addressed the vote on the parliament commission as well because for the non-completion of the nominations for the chair.

He continued that the parliament discussed the issue of women suffer and the law of replacing the members, and the issue of giving students emergency grant of one 100 thousands dinars.

The parliament started its 17th meeting today of the legislative section in the participation of 242 out of 325 lawmakers.

Reported by Khelood al Ziyadi

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/205476/

LOL.... Well, we can read a lot of things into a lot of things, round and round... Most of their top officials are educated in Ivy league and private institutions state side. The average cost for these are extreemly expensive per semester. I believe I read, especially for grad programs, right at 100k per year. Don't know Englands elite, but am sure they are up there as well. So, essentially new country, new rules... Wouldn't you want your elite educated by the best? Especially if your future depended on their decisions? Without RV, those dinars won't B) help with tuition here or in England. So, RV means good education for their future.

• Upvote 2

LOL.... Well, we can read a lot of things into a lot of things, round and round... Most of their top officials are educated in Ivy league and private institutions state side. The average cost for these are extreemly expensive per semester. I believe I read, especially for grad programs, right at 100k per year. Don't know Englands elite, but am sure they are up there as well. So, essentially new country, new rules... Wouldn't you want your elite educated by the best? Especially if your future depended on their decisions? Without RV, those dinars won't B) help with tuition here or in England. So, RV means good education for their future.

And then you have to add housing, food and books into the equasion.... It means more $$ would be needed for education, so.... GO RV.... :D

I think some people still don't get it.

If Australia was to have a RV where $1.00 AU = $3.00 US and I walked down to the shops to buy a loaf of bread that usually costed me $3.00 AU before Rv occured, it would still cost me $3.00 AU after RV occured. If a RV occured here in Australia where the AUD dollar = $3.00 USD, prices will still remain the same here in Australia, but if an outsider from the USA came to Australia and wanted to buy a loaf of bread it would now cost him $9.00 US, BUT if he held or had possesion of the AU/Australian currency before the RV happened then the loaf of bread will ONLY cost him $3.00 AUD.

RV 26 DEC 2010 !!!! :D

• Upvote 1

I think some people still don't get it.

If Australia was to have a RV where $1.00 AU = $3.00 US and I walked down to the shops to buy a loaf of bread that usually costed me $3.00 AU before Rv occured, it would still cost me $3.00 AU after RV occured. If a RV occured here in Australia where the AUD dollar = $3.00 USD, prices will still remain the same here in Australia, but if an outsider from the USA came to Australia and wanted to buy a loaf of bread it would now cost him $9.00 US, BUT if he held or had possesion of the AU/Australian currency before the RV happened then the loaf of bread will ONLY cost him $3.00 AUD.

RV 26 DEC 2010 !!!! :D

Let's just say that I was wrong in my origional post and let's just say in my example that prices were to rise against the new value of the Australian dollar, this would mean that us Australians would be no better off than we were before the RV occured.

And think about this for a minute.........If the Iraqi Dinar was to be revalued at $3.00 US dollars, then millions of Iraqi citizens who at least hold a 25,000 Dinar bank note would suddenly be $75,000 USD dollars richer whilst still in their country and go around purchasing $75,000 USD worth of goods and services inside of Iraq..........I don't think so.

The RV is only of value in the exchange process outside of the country to people like you and me whilst (1) Dinar is just one Dinar to the Iraqi citizens.

RV 26 DEC 2010 !!!! :)

Saturday, December 25th 2010 8:26 PM

Baghdad, Dec.25 (AKnews) – A member in the Iraqi parliament said Saturday that the parliament addressed reading 2011 budget and voting on the parliamentary commissions to the coming session.

cms-image-000001458.gif

Ali Shebr, a member in the Kurdish Blocs Coalition (KBC, told AKnews that the parliament addressed reading the 2011 budget for tomorrow session, based on a request from the financial commission and the Kurdistan Coalition.

Shebr said that the parliament addressed the vote on the parliament commission as well because for the non-completion of the nominations for the chair.

He continued that the parliament discussed the issue of women suffer and the law of replacing the members, and the issue of giving students emergency grant of one 100 thousands dinars.

The parliament started its 17th meeting today of the legislative section in the participation of 242 out of 325 lawmakers.

Reported by Khelood al Ziyadi

AH/GS AKnews

http://www.aknews.co...knews/2/205476/