Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question About 12/9

tampabay

I have a question about tomorrow - 12/9/10. Maliki had 30 days to submit his cabinet. But he said that he could have it done by the 9th. My question is:

What if he submits his cabinet for approval by the parliament and THEY DON'T APPROVE HIS SELECTIONS. Since he originally had 30 days, will he have the balance of the 30 days to give it another try?[/b] Or will that be the end??

My understanding is if that is the end, then Talabani has 15 days to give the opportunity to someone else to form a cabinet - Allawi is the probability - and then he (Allawi) will have 30 days to submit his proposed cabinet.

So it could be possible that the parliament may not approve Maliki's proposed cabinet -- Just want to know if he can make an ajustment within the balance of the 30 days that he has left???

Thank you for your input.

• Upvote 2

The truth is we don't know until it happens. We all have hundreds of questions, but no one is truly right or positive on them. Either way, if they do announce the cabinet Thursday, keep in mind when it is later tonight for us, that is their Thursday during the day. So if they go ahead and announce the cabinet, then we should wake up tomorrow morning with several articles confirming it. I hope that helps! :)

My thinking is the SCHEDULED EVENTS and CEREMONIAL SPEECHES next Wednesday DECEMBER 15, would be considered "NEW BEGINNING OF IRAQ's FUTURE!"

I'm guessings are the GOI is a done deal. I'm sure when Dr. Shabibi was in NYC last month, he reassured top levels in the banking and commerce communities, THAT IRAQ'S DINAR will be a POWER PLAYER, and PULL A GREAT GROSS NATIONAL PRODUCT .. and the RV is part of that!

I'm breathing here. The deal is done. Secretary Hilary would not just go just for "show"

GO RV!

:P

The only way he (M) would get a NO vote is if Allawis' seats shut him down.....He (A) is the proverbial stick in the mud. He wants POWER. So Maliki gives him the position to over see ALL of the ministries.That will be the best he will get..PERIOD! Talibani will look elsewere if M does not seat his gov. Maliki has been kissin a!! w/o gettin **** on his lips....If there is no RV......they all know there are up sh!ts creek w/o a paddle......BROKE and standing on a fortune....literally...now how stupid is that??

I remember the wording as 30 days to form goverment not to submit them to parliment. So I believe he will have the remaining time to fix it to parliments approval.

What you say is not my understanding.....I believe it is to be done with completely BY Dec. 15th. And as Dinerry has pointed out, the UN Security-Council high-level event on Iraq Dec 15th, seems very significant, plus would in my thinking be pointless if the GOI was not complete....& possibly announced immediately or possibly on Dec. 15. :)

Dan