Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Signs of an RV coming

johnm33

22 Power Plant Tenders to be Issued Next Week

Posted on 24 November 2010. Tags: Calik Enerji, Electricity, GE, General Electric, Mitsubishi, Orascom, Parsons Brinckerhoff, Shell, Siemens

22 Power Plant Tenders to be Issued Next Week

Iraq will soon ask for bids on projects to install and run 22 gas turbines that could boost its power generating capacity by 30 percent in the next few years, an official from the Ministry of Electricity said on Tuesday.

Reuters reports that the ministry plans to ask companies to build plants in four provinces, install and operate turbines it has already purchased from General Electric, and sell the power back to the government.

Power-starved Iraq, trying to rebuild after years of war and economic sanctions, hopes to triple its electricity capacity to 27,000 megawatts from the current 9,000 MW in four years.

Laith al-Mamury, the head of investments and contracts at the Electricity Ministry, said the deal will allow the companies to buy the turbines on a delayed payment plan.

I believe on November 30 [the tender details] will be offered to the companies,” Mamury told Reuters in an interview.

“We have the units. The investor will come to finish the rest of the equipment and operate the plant for 20 to 25 years,” he said.

The 22 gas turbines, valued at $40 million [47 billion Iraqi dinars] each, would be installed in Diwaniya, Muthanna, Maysan and Basra provinces, Mamury said.

The turbines would produce 125 MW each, or 2,750 MW in total, more than 10 percent of Iraq’s ultimate goal of 27,000 MW. They were among 72 turbines Iraq purchased in 2008 from GE and Siemens in deals worth more than $5 billion.

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/2010/11/24/22-power-plant-tenders-to-be-issued-next-week/

Ok gurus, what is the significance of the 30th?

Can you tell me where that is stated? I've seen Dec 31 a few times but not Dec 01.

I've seen fiscal year end also as = December 31st

Sooooooooo.. I'm thinking 30 days, advance of the end of the year??? Sure. Works for me!

Go RV!

:P

I'm-A liking that their Thanksgiving Eid and our Thanksgiving follow each other!!!

A LOT TO CELEBRATE AND FEEL THANKFUL FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kid4Dinar is right. I believe I either saw it on U.N.'s posting of currency changes, or IMF or GOI or something. I have seen that tho. That's why Nov 15/16 (or close to it) was a day to look out for. That's when (I believe) Revaluing of currency happens internationally. The date after that is Nov 31/Dec1st. Now please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is not only great news for the Iraqi people, which is most important. But it may seem that this is a really good date that's been talked about by those closest to the RV. Again, just my thoughts. I've said from a few months ago, I see this happening at the end of Nov / beginning of Dec.

*disclaimer - None of the above statements has any witness to truth or intelligence and is in the sole opinion of the poster. All readers of this post may do so at their own risk.

GO RV!!!

Can you tell me where that is stated? I've seen Dec 31 a few times but not Dec 01.

Im pretty sure its the same as the US as far as fiscal years... That would be October 1. Their 2011 started on October 1st I believe.

This info and $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee!