Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Dinars?

syzygy

This pic was from today's article "Delete the zeros of the local currency enhances the value of the Iraqi dinar in the International Monetary Fund"...Just wondering if these are the newer denoms...I tried zooming in but still could not make them out...Thanks

This is probably what OKIE OIL MAN saw :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the lower denoms have been there for a year as per adams contact last year. am i the only one that remembers that or no one else been here that long.????

I thought the new lower denoms were not suppose to be released until the RV...maybe I misunderstood. I was not here a year ago, so I never read that information from Adam.

I can see 1 dinar notes...10 dinar notes...50 dinar notes and 500 dinar notes.

There are others I cannot make out but the highest notes on the table are the 500s

See for your self...here are the Arabic numbers....check the numbers on the notes in the pics and you will see,

text-arabic-numbers0-9.jpg

Edited by Phoenix
  • Upvote 2

karen, on 19 November 2010 - 09:35 PM, said:

the lower denoms have been there for a year as per adams contact last year. am i the only one that remembers that or no one else been here that long.????

Events constantly change daily if not hourly as I'm sure you realize following this forum...with that said "Adams contact from last year" is archaic as far as I'm concearned...sorry...Just thought it would be exciting for all see the new denominations if in fact these are them.

I can see 1 dinar notes...10 dinar notes...50 dinar notes and 500 dinar notes.

There are others I cannot make out but the highest notes on the table are the 500s

See for your self...here are the Arabic numbers....check the numbers on the notes in the pics and you will see,

text-arabic-numbers0-9.jpg

thanks Phoenix...appreciate the research

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok I also see 100 dinar notes.

So I can see in that pic

1 dinar notes

10 dinar notes

50 dinar notes

100 dinar notes

500 dinar notes

And a few others I cannot read but all of the ones I have listed you can clearly make out those numbers on the bills.

It is the large arabic number in the lower left hand side of the note.

I would say those are indeed the new lower denoms.

Phoenix

• Upvote 4

It does look like there has been a changing of the guard, so to speak, as 90% of posts now seem to be Oct, Nov joinees. Good to see Phoenix weighing in and identifying denominations. Q is are they new?

i went to the website on the pic. The context of the article also points to lower denoms.

My link

Finance: Delete the zeros of the local currency enhances the value of the Iraqi dinar in the International Monetary Fund

Palms - The Ministry of Finance that the deletion of zeros from the local currency will liberate the Iraqi economy from the constraints and enhance the value of the Iraqi dinar in the International Monetary Fund.

The chancellor said the Ministry of Finance Zia Alckheon that the survival of the current currency and the current status would not address the question of the economic gap taking place in the Iraqi dinar as it will increase the burden on the local economy.

The International Monetary Fund expressed support for the Iraqi economy in the event of having a number of economic measures, including privatization of banks and raise three zeroes from the currency and solvency.

• Upvote 1

Ok I also see 100 dinar notes.

So I can see in that pic

1 dinar notes

10 dinar notes

50 dinar notes

100 dinar notes

500 dinar notes

And a few others I cannot read but all of the ones I have listed you can clearly make out those numbers on the bills.

It is the large arabic number in the lower left hand side of the note.

I would say those are indeed the new lower denoms.

Phoenix

I agree with the denominations listed above. If these are truly the new bills, It means that ALL of the current bills we hold will be replaced, not just the larger bills with the zeros. Therefore, the current 500, 250 and 50 dinar bills that some of us currently hold will most likely NOT remain in circulation indefinitely as some have suggested.

I agree with the denominations listed above. If these are truly the new bills, It means that ALL of the current bills we hold will be replaced, not just the larger bills with the zeros. Therefore, the current 500, 250 and 50 dinar bills that some of us currently hold will most likely NOT remain in circulation indefinitely as some have suggested.

100% correct