Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chill out. Please. :)

TonyR

People have problems with hippocrites. It may seem odd hearing that word used here in the forums. But I hear 'slamming' of people who give predictions. Maybe this is justified, maybe not. If someone is just trying to pass information I think it is nice to hearing what is being said out there in areas I have not been. But it seem hippocritical for those same people to make their own prediction. The problem is that the predictions they make is that it is NOT going to RV on certain dates. This seems rather chicken at best. Everyone can make a prediction that it is not going to RV on the 18th or this week. But really what good does that do? If you want to make a prediction man up and stick your neck out.

• Upvote 1

Good evening TR8. This post started last night and why it is still running is way beyond me. Did you talk to Check lately? If not call me or PM me. I need to share something with you.

God Bless.

Steve

Steve, do you feel the post should be shut down? I'm not too sure what you meant by "This post started last night and why it is still running is way beyond me". The only reason I see the post still running is because I said what people have been thinking - but are not wanting to say. If you meant something else, do please elaborate. :P It's confused me a tad... haha

Tony

Tonyr: This sentiment has been posted many times in the past. Your post should be bumped up every other week by the mods or pin it for the new people that join, most are not grounded and have not gone through the archives here at DV's, and quite frankly are very edgy. Rumors and Intel are a love/hate relationship in that you love to hear them and hope, but hate them when they turn out to be false. then human nature kicks in, looking for someone to blame.......Peeps..... Please refrain from the blame game.............Good Dayrolleyes.gif

Bumping up -- I agree with Mongo this is a post that all newbies should read and all oldies should refresh occasionally. There was a point last night when I thought this thread might go downhill. So very glad it didn't. In fact, it has a star rating.

In addition to TonyR's well-thought out comments, there are a lot of research links that are very valuable, including the translation ones (that I have not yet figured out how to use). TonyR's first post is not the only one that contains links.

• Upvote 1

What I am about to say may make a few people mad. It's not intended to start an argument. Please keep this thread as civil as possible - or I will request it to be closed. We're all adults here, and we should act like it when we post in threads.

Okay so... I'm gong to be "That guy"..

Over the last few days tempers have been high. People have been pumping the RV/Dinar, and some have been knocking it down. When the RV does not happen everyone gets mad. Extremely mad. Not at the situation, but the fact a "Guru" said we would RV on Day "X" at "X"o-clock. We get pissed that they lied and or were just plain wrong. First off, you need to sit back and think about why you're pissed.Then you need to sit back and think about how you should be pissed at yourself for listening to the opinion of someone you have never met before. Losing sleep over it, and practically having a heart attack waiting for their prediction to come true.

Not a single person on this site can say when the RV will happen - nor can they tell you the rate. Some people say the RV will happen today. Some say tomorrow. When that does not happen, someone will say Thursday. That wont happen, someone will say Friday. It's a vicious circle that won't end until Iraq decides to get off their butts and RV. If you take anything written in the Rumors section (Key word... Rumor) with anything more than a grain of salt. Don't get pissed at who made the prediction. Get pissed you listened to a rumor. There is a reason your parents raised you to not start rumors and gossip. It's because 99.8% of the time - the rumor is just that... a rumor.

If you are going to listen to the rumors - do yourself a favor. Check it out for yourself. If someone says "Today Maliki said we will RV at $20.71" do some research. The internet is a wonderful place if you didn't know.

One person will not hear that info before the news stations in Iraq here it. So here are a few links to some news sources you can check up with:

http://english.aljazeera.net/

http://www.ninanews....glish/index.asp

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/

http://www.albaghdadia.com

http://aawsat.com

http://www.elaph.com

"But Tony...some of those sites are in Arabic... I can't read it"

Well if you didn't know, there is a thing called a "Translator". It's a great invention used to translate pages or text from one language to another.

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/

http://translate.google.com/

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

To those of you who are constantly knocking down the Dinar, or posting that it won't RV...comon'. Do you really not have anything better to do than troll the site? If you didn't know...the Dinar has actually risen on the Forex Market in the last few days. Slowly of course...but it is rising. Many of you bash Jim Crammer or CNBC in general for doing a report on the Dinar. Obviously CNBC must be doing something right in order for them to stay on air as long as they have. If you can do so much better, by all means...submit your resume to CNBC and watch what happens. If CNBC does the Iraqi Dinar story under false pretense and it turns out to be a scam, they would be in a lot of hot water. Do you really think they want to risk it?

So you say the media and government have not announced the Iraqi Dinar investment, so it must be fake...right? .....Wrong. Look at it this way, if the US Government announced the great Iraqi Dinar investment right now, there would be millions of US citizens buying the dinar. Once the RV happens the US would be so over inundated with the money being exchanged it would cause chaos. You get mugged now for having $100 in your wallet. What happens when you are carrying a stack of Dinar worth $100,000? There would be crime like no tomorrow. So instead, the decide to keep it under wraps, and for the people who do know about it - they let it be.

"But Tony...the Iraqi Government will just re-dominate their money and we'll lose our dinar!" False. If/When a RD occurs, our Dinar will still be good. Once an RD happens, there will be a set amount of time to exchange your old Dinar in for a new Dinar. Once that period of time is up, then the old Dinar becomes obsolete. They already RD'd the old Sadam Dinar. Do you really think they told the people of Iraq "Sorry, your money is worthless...suck it up..ok?" Yeah...no. That wouldn't fly. The people would riot. They let them exchange the old Dinar in for new Dinar. So if you are going to start trolling... remember the facts first.

"Hi...I'm a toll.. LOP LOP LOP LOP LOL LOP" When the 0's are removed from the Dinar it will be the same as when the US Dollar had a LOP. Remember the $1000 bills? How about the $5000 bills? Yeah... they removed the zeros. But if you still hold a $1000 bill or $500 bill, it is still worth the written amount today. It's just probably one of the last bills around.

So yeah, from now on, just chill if an RV date is set and relax. Don't lose sleep. Don't freak. If an RV happens it happens. Losing sleep won't make the RV happen any faster. Look at it this way... Bob says we will RV tomorrow at 5AM EST. So you stay up all night after getting home from work. Wait till 5. It just so happens to RV at 5... but you still can't cash in until 9 when the banks open. All that time you stayed up you could have been sleeping and just found out about the RV when you woke up for work the next day. Just sayin....

So yeah, please don't flame me for this post. I just feel this site is ran by mature adults, and they allow us to be on the site. We should all show the site respect by acting like adults. So remember, do research and don't get pissed at a rumor.

Sorry to take up so much of your time... haha. I just had to get it off my chest.

Tony

I honestly do appreciate your candor on the subject. Many thanks for your time and effort. However, I would very much like to ask your "opinion" on something. I have wondered, for quite awhile now, why does this site have a "Rumor Section" to begin with? This is a serious investment (at least its serious to me), so why would anyone put so much importance on rumors, to the point of having its own section. I really am not trying to cause problems here. I honestly would like an answer to that question. I have put hard earned money into this investment, and I know that it is speculative, but it is not a joke. Some of the rumors I have seen are out and out jokes. I have, on occasion, laughed my butt off. But whent the laughter subsides, I am always left with this uneasy feeling in my gut that this is not a joke. You seem to be fairly educated, and well spoken, by the sound of your post, so what do you think?

Edited by gman51

It sounds to me like your the one pissed off. The difference you fail to see is the fact that there are investors n than there are speculators. Dont think everyone here is an investor,and if your stupid (not you general term) enough to believe everything you read than ...............you figure it out. Thanx bud hope i didnt offend.

• Downvote 1

Tony - well put, my friend! Just as you pointed out in your opening piece, there was a negative comment. I think you proved your comments/theory, Tony. People just need to take it one day at a time - no sense WORRYING abot a situation that you can not control. In the words of an old reading 'friend', Alfred E. Newman (MAD magazine), WHAT ME WORRY - you just figure out where to put the comma, exclamation point, or question mark. Thanks for the post, Tony, good piece!

• Upvote 1

I honestly do appreciate your candor on the subject. Many thanks for your time and effort. However, I would very much like to ask your "opinion" on something. I have wondered, for quite awhile now, why does this site have a "Rumor Section" to begin with? This is a serious investment (at least its serious to me), so why would anyone put so much importance on rumors, to the point of having its own section. I really am not trying to cause problems here. I honestly would like an answer to that question. I have put hard earned money into this investment, and I know that it is speculative, but it is not a joke. Some of the rumors I have seen are out and out jokes. I have, on occasion, laughed my butt off. But whent the laughter subsides, I am always left with this uneasy feeling in my gut that this is not a joke. You seem to be fairly educated, and well spoken, by the sound of your post, so what do you think?

Honestly, I have been asking myself the same question for some time now. Why would you have a Rumor section on such serious investment site. Personally I think the Rumor section should be re-named to better fit how it is used. Renamed to something along the lines of the "General Dinar Chat" section, or something. It seems to me the Rumor section is used more for everyone's predictions and thoughts about the RV. I agree, this is a serous investment. While yes there will be rumors, a whole section should not be dedicated to it IMHO. It is discouraging to new investors and some old. So as to your question, I can't give an opinion on the Rumor section, being I don't agree with it and see no need for it. If someone else has a reason, please do say - as I would like to know also.

Sorry I cant be more help.

@grapeape

I'm not pissed off actually. I just feel many people have thought what I have been thinking and someone needed to say it. While yes there are investors and speculators, there is a point where you go from speculating to trolling. You can speculate on an investment while still being polite and not starting a rumor just to get people to see it your way. I have seen speculators come on here and start a rumor, so that when it does not come true they can say "See...told you so". You are very right. If you come on here and believe everything you read, yes you will figure it out. My post to the new investors on this forum was to stop them from having to figure it out on their own. Not many new people can pick up on how this place is ran, so when they first join they see a rumor with a $5/RV and they flip, tell everyone and get excited. Next thing you know it does not happen and they are discouraged and become speculators with a grudge. So I felt I would try to get a word in before they get overwhelmed. Oh, and no offense taken. :)

Tony

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're absolutely correct Tony and right on target with your assessment of rumors. The potential this investment has encompasses many many wealthy business minded people, average everyday people as well as governments......this is a serious topic and deserves informed debate as it has and will potentially change the lives of a good amount of people!

Ranger

• Upvote 2

If its under the "Fact" section i could'nt agree more. But if it's under "Rumor" section then I say don't read it if your feelings get hurt so easily. I feel like I should throw all the "mamby pamby" types a box of tissues like the Driil Seargent from the Geico commercials.Toughen up buttercup........................................RV BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

I said squat about feelings Buttercup.! I said if you post it as fact and provide no proof you should get hammered for it. I don't care where its posted, label it what it is. If feelings are a problem with you, maybe you can find someone else to blow rainbows up your backside while you cheer "RV BABY!!!!!!!!!!", and feel great about yourself with your used up box of tissues.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ah yes, the stupid leading the cripple and being helped by the blind! Stick to the facts and forget the rumors!

Iraq is a commodity based economy; oil, natural gas, gold, silver and semi-precious metals in the ground! I( you know like Australia; except w/o the head gear!) Its currency is WORTH SOMETHING and will be worth a hell of a lot more than the U.S. dollar in the very near future. Only political instability can cause this country's stock to fall. That is why when the RV hits CASH OUT and ENJOY LIFE!

• Upvote 1

Great post Tony. Even as someone who has not been in this investment for the amount of time some of the seasoned investors have, I agree with pretty much everything you have said. We are here for information and to form alliances with others hoping for the same goal. We really have some good people that do report good intel on this site. However, it is the veterans of this site that know more of whose intel to believe. A lot of people are just now investing and they have no clue who to believe. Could you imagine being new to this site, coming on it for the first time and reading some of the rumours on here. I think that is one reason that people get upset.....they don't know who to believe (even though it is in rumours). I guess everyone is right when they say "it is rumour until it is not." Iraq can do anything they want to do (within reason). So we will just have to hang on to see what they are up to. However, when I see Ads like JIDT Co has out that says "Buy Dinar Today and Milk the Cow Tomorrow" (although funny and above the chat forum boards), it makes me cringe.

But as many have said before, not only are we here to hopefully see an amazing return on our own investment, but to look for a better government and future for Iraq as a whole. Listening to Biden on Larry King, he pretty much said that "politics" have now come to Iraq. I am just going to pray that with the formation of the new government that the citizens of Iraq can meet with better day to day living conditions. He pretty much said that it is all up to them and that we will continue to support their efforts until sometime in 2011. So hopefully we can train them enough for a better tomorrow! God bless us all!

• Upvote 1

I said squat about feelings Buttercup.! I said if you post it as fact and provide no proof you should get hammered for it. I don't care where its posted, label it what it is. If feelings are a problem with you, maybe you can find someone else to blow rainbows up your backside while you cheer "RV BABY!!!!!!!!!!", and feel great about yourself with your used up box of tissues.

Not even close to an intelligent response,but I guess I shouldnt have expected much. Bout time for u to bash or cry over ur spilled milk .................................................GO RV BABY!!!!!!!!

Not even close to an intelligent response,but I guess I shouldnt have expected much. Bout time for u to bash or cry over ur spilled milk .................................................GO RV BABY!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't have expected anything, (Kettle), but i think you are getting your idioms mixed, but if you are looking to insult you could copy and paste this next time.

You are so clueless that if you dressed in a clue skin, doused yourself

in clue musk, and did the clue dance in the middle of a field of horny

clues at the height of clue mating season, you still would not have a

clue.

not originally mine but i feel it suits you.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Honestly, I have been asking myself the same question for some time now. Why would you have a Rumor section on such serious investment site. Personally I think the Rumor section should be re-named to better fit how it is used. Renamed to something along the lines of the "General Dinar Chat" section, or something. It seems to me the Rumor section is used more for everyone's predictions and thoughts about the RV. I agree, this is a serous investment. While yes there will be rumors, a whole section should not be dedicated to it IMHO. It is discouraging to new investors and some old. So as to your question, I can't give an opinion on the Rumor section, being I don't agree with it and see no need for it. If someone else has a reason, please do say - as I would like to know also.

Sorry I cant be more help.

@grapeape

I'm not pissed off actually. I just feel many people have thought what I have been thinking and someone needed to say it. While yes there are investors and speculators, there is a point where you go from speculating to trolling. You can speculate on an investment while still being polite and not starting a rumor just to get people to see it your way. I have seen speculators come on here and start a rumor, so that when it does not come true they can say "See...told you so". You are very right. If you come on here and believe everything you read, yes you will figure it out. My post to the new investors on this forum was to stop them from having to figure it out on their own. Not many new people can pick up on how this place is ran, so when they first join they see a rumor with a $5/RV and they flip, tell everyone and get excited. Next thing you know it does not happen and they are discouraged and become speculators with a grudge. So I felt I would try to get a word in before they get overwhelmed. Oh, and no offense taken. smile.gif

Tony

Thank you for your gracious answer Tony. I appreciated your opinion. It is so wonderful to get a response that is mature in nature. It is so unnecessary to be rude just to make a point. It has been great to see things raised to a more mature level recently. There are still a few distasteful comments, but they have a right to their opinions also. I guess we must learn to not take it personal. Most are just frustrated, and I do understand the feeling. Keep up the great work. I look forward to your posts in the future. God bless.

I have wondered, for quite awhile now, why does this site have a "Rumor Section" to begin with? This is a serious investment (at least its serious to me), so why would anyone put so much importance on rumors, to the point of having its own section.

The rumor section doesn't exist to encourage rumors, but specifically to keep people from posting them in the fact section. Can you imagine what it would be like if there *weren't* a rumors section??? :wacko: