Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Borders Closed"

QTen

According to Doc31's dinar dealer's statement why he couldn't get his dinars shipped until after the 24th because the "borders were closed". Can we get more confirmation on this fact.

We tried to order today and we were told that they would not ship until 11/24/2010 (or later) ... we were told that they were unable to get more because the "borders were closed" ... I asked if they knew whether that had ever happened before ... they said that they didn't know the answer to that. Ask yourself ... did they close them during Ramadan?

Anyone see an article about the borders being closed?

The move from $995 to $1020 was NOT inflation.

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 1

I can second this....My source is a local coin dealer whom receives his shipments from his source in Jordan. His Jordanian friend was unable to ship any dinar for the last week or so. The Jordanian said that he would be unable to send more dinar until the beginning of December. I have also dealt with a currency exchange company, I was told last week by them that they were unable to get dinar sent to them until the beginning of december. I don't know if this means anything but, it seconds the above post.

• Upvote 1

Large order of Dinar placed from Jordan last Thursday and being delivered FedEx tomorrow. The only thing he told me was he would be closed until EID is over next Monday. Perhaps confusing "doors are closed" vs. borders closed? Have another order pending with him and he mentioned nothing regarding border issues.

Go RV Go!!

• Upvote 1

The original post should have included that we tried to order from GID. The account is correct.

We did order later in the day from DT ... it is supposed to be here Wednesday.

I did NOT buy the "borders closed" reasoning because I couldn't remember a time that this happened (although I don't have total recall).

My question is the same ... anyone see anything that talked about borders closed? ... I don't think so ... if you do though ... please post it!

Peace and a very high and a prompt RI/RV!

Doc31

• Upvote 3

Large order of Dinar placed from Jordan last Thursday and being delivered FedEx tomorrow. The only thing he told me was he would be closed until EID is over next Monday. Perhaps confusing "doors are closed" vs. borders closed? Have another order pending with him and he mentioned nothing regarding border issues.

Go RV Go!!

This sounds more likely... that the merchants have closed their DOORS... not that the BORDER is closed.

Interesting the difference ONE WORD can make !!

• Upvote 1

The original post should have included that we tried to order from GID. The account is correct.

I did NOT buy the "borders closed" reasoning because I couldn't remember a time that this happened (although I don't have total recall).

My question is the same ... anyone see anything that talked about borders closed? ... I don't think so ... if you do though ... please post it!

Doc31

Ali has said on one of his recent Conference calls ( I Believe CC) that he has over 14 billion in the DT vault and over 8 billion in his personal Vault, so I am assuming he will outlast most other dealers as far as stock goes. TIFWIW

Shawn

• Upvote 1

I ordered from Ali on saturday and it was shipped out today. If the borders are closed maybe just maybe that is good news. Gooooo RVVVVVVVV

According to Ali, he gets his dinar from the Bank of Dubai not Iraq. I ordered from Ali Friday & receiving mine tomorrow too.

Also, the banks in Iraq are closed until after their holiday which ends the 19th. Maybe something to do with things????

This sounds more likely... that the merchants have closed their DOORS... not that the BORDER is closed.

Very true so can you imagine what would happen if we misinterpreted a few words. I sometimes wonder how many articles have also been misinterpreted due to not fully comprehending how to translate from Arabic to English.

• Upvote 1

While that is certainly feasible ... it is not what they said ... and that is what/why I'm trying to find out ... if anyone sees a news article let me know.

As previously stated ... I did NOT buy into this story ... as I couldn't remember that happening before.

Scheduled to get my DT shipment tomorrow.

Peace

Doc31

PS QTen I did not see your PM until late ... after you had posted this ... I would have encouraged you to post it as you did though! Peace

Another baseless RUMOR. The borders are NOT closed. The money is NOT tight. Shipments are NOT running out. Lower denoms have NOT been released. Banks in US are NOT refusing to sell dinar.

Another baseless RUMOR.

Not RUMOR at all ... an excuse! That's the point ... I believe(d) it to be an excuse not a reason. Although, if someone does find an article I'm willing to listen.

The borders are NOT closed.

That IS the why of my reasoning ... since I CAN NOT find any evidence of it.

The money is NOT tight.

Really ... I would love to know how you arrived at that? ... mind you I only see the signs of tightening, but don't have the connections/intel to prove it one way or the other.

Shipments are NOT running out.

Untrue

Lower denoms have NOT been released

Don't have personal knowledge but that is my belief as well

Banks in US are NOT refusing to sell dinar.

Untrue ... some are and some aren't ... and apparently it is on a branch by branch basis with some banks as some are and some aren't even inside the same company (perhaps on a state by state basis though ... I haven't checked into that ... didn't feel the need)

• Upvote 2

Doc31

Doc, thanks for the post. I have bought all my dinar from GID, and I have a letter of authenticity. The letter states that the bills have been ran through the De La Rue machine. Have you done anything other than just accepting the letter as proof that the bills are legit? I've looked at all the security features, but have not done the UV light test. Have you? Thanks!

Muchodinaro

Doc, thanks for the post. I have bought all my dinar from GID, and I have a letter of authenticity. The letter states that the bills have been ran through the De La Rue machine. Have you done anything other than just accepting the letter as proof that the bills are legit? I've looked at all the security features, but have not done the UV light test. Have you? Thanks!

I'm chuckling as I write ... as far as I know I've written almost everything about authenticating IQD on DV, including counterfeit discussions and a poll looking for them ... lol

Try this ... http://dinarvets.com..._1entry121105

For your own peace of mind I'd borrow/buy a black light. When we are not where there is one we simply hold them toward the light ... very flat ... you'll see that the bill is shiny and that on the upper right side of the bush that there is a spot that is not shiny (flat) it is a rectangle ... long side is horizontal. There is much more that lights up on the back ... everything that is gray metallic ink like the dove ... bush petals, curly cues on left side of dove ... but it's this rectangle that really lights up.

Peace

Doc31