Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

G20 Meetings pushing for RV

AlohaTime

sounds like the Yuan will RV as well...

RV Link

SEOUL: In the face of a currency war between US and China, global leaders including PM Manmohan Singh on Friday agreed to refrain from "competitive devaluation" and bring in exchange rate flexibility to ensure that no country gets undue advantage.

"We will move towards more market determined exchange rate system and enhance exchange rate flexibility to reflect underlying economic fundamentals and refrain from competitive devaluation of currencies. Advanced economies including those with reserve currencies will be vigilant against excess volatility and disorderly movement in exchange rates," G-20 leaders declared at the end of their two-day Summit here, in the backdrop of the US demanding that Chinese currency Yuan should be appreciated to check the Asian giant from taking advantage in international trade.

These measures, the leaders said, would help mitigate the risk of excessive volatility in capital flows facing some emerging market economies. "We must at all costs avoid competitive devaluation and resist any resurgence of protectionism," Singh said at the summit. Singh had earlier called for an end to competitive devaluation of currencies, even as Indian officials back home said that the country was capable of absorbing robust capital inflows of up to $75 billion. The Seoul Action Plan, agreed at the end of the two-day Summit of G20 leaders, called for moving towards more market-determined exchange rates. An undervalued Yuan or a weak Dollar also has ramifications for India and several other countries in terms of their exports becoming uncompetitive.

To address the concerns of several emerging economies like India, facing flush of funds in their stock markets, the declaration agrees to strengthen global financial safety nets.It has also asked the advanced economies, including those with reserve currencies, to be "vigilant against excessive volatility and disorderly movements in exchange rates."

The declaration said these steps will help mitigate the risk of excessive volatility in capital flows that is faced by some emerging countries. India, for instance, has seen rush of inflows from foreign institutional investors to the extent of $38 billion from January to November 11, this year. In his plenary speech, PM Manmohan Singh said that the countries with currency reserves "have a special responsibility to ensure that their monetary policies do not lead to destabilising capital flows, which can put pressure on emerging markets."

The country's exporters are already starting to feel the pinch of rupee appreciation on account of FII inflows. The rupee value has risen by over 5% since January, reducing the net realisation for exporters. Singh, however, said there is a strong case for supporting long term capital flows to the developing countries especially in infrastructure. India's concerns on fiscal consolidation in the advanced countries running big deficits got reflected in the declaration. "Advanced economies will formulate and implement clear, credible, ambitious and growth friendly medium term fiscal consolidation plans...," the declaration said. India's worries on protectionism were also found a mention in the Seoul Action Plan.

Read more: G20 agrees not to devalue currency - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/G20-agrees-not-to-devalue-currency/articleshow/6917784.cms#ixzz15Aen4Fvf

• Upvote 8

Hey Aloha,

You live in Hawaii - Do you know of Bethany Hamilton? Awesome female surfer - she will be a part of the cast of a documentary film I am producing.

She is AWESOME.

And you're right - getting pounded is part of the fun!

I grew up in Santa Cruz - better waves back in the day than there are today.

Peace!

Here's a link to more about her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethany_Hamilton

Hey Aloha,

You live in Hawaii - Do you know of Bethany Hamilton? Awesome female surfer - she will be a part of the cast of a documentary film I am producing.

She is AWESOME.

And you're right - getting pounded is part of the fun!

I grew up in Santa Cruz - better waves back in the day than there are today.

Peace!

Here's a link to more about her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethany_Hamilton

Bethany is from Kauai, where she got her arm bitten off(Tunnels), and Laird is from Maui, I believe. I'm sure they know each other, being celebrityish.

Aloah, I too am originally from Oahu-southeast side, Koko Head, Hawaii Kai. Home surf break China Walls & The Wall. Learned to surf at Sandy's.

Edited by hspotman

If the pressure is on the Yuan to increase, look at the Viet Dong. It is said that it will be tied to an appreciation of the Yuan and would offer far more leverage opportunity per dollar invested. JMHO.

I opened a FOREX account to work the currency angle. Am I better off just buying physical currency or does FOREX trading have its place? In your opinion? Thx Lana

I opened a FOREX account to work the currency angle. Am I better off just buying physical currency or does FOREX trading have its place? In your opinion? Thx Lana

Isn't it the Dong worth around what the IQD is now? If so, where can someone buy that at, without starting an account with Forex? Is there somewhere you can buy it like the IQD, websites and such?

Alohadinar, As soon as this thing bust I am coming your way. I have always dreamed of going there. I want to play golf at those fine courses. You seem to know people there by chance do you know Kiana Tom the fittness guru. I would love to meet her and get a picture with her. Thanks Steve

Isn't it the Dong worth around what the IQD is now? If so, where can someone buy that at, without starting an account with Forex? Is there somewhere you can buy it like the IQD, websites and such?

[/quot

HS Dinar trade does sell the Dong. I am and have been invested for years also in this one..Now with the currency wars going on it may shew in with all the rest. JMO

Thanks for your post.

Here is the link to my documentary - not a surf film, but it will be an amazing and transformational film once we get it done!

HAving Bethany involved and also people like Erik Weihenmayer - will be a big help in getting the word out.

You are right Bethany is awesome. My son also has one arm and she inspires a lot in him!

http://backcountrypictures.com/one_hand_clapping_presentation.pdf

Peace!

Cheryl (ReachingHigher)