Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Need something positive

urbanfarmer

A year and a week ago today my favorite dog died on a walk. She had been diagnosed with cancer two days prior. They also told me it was not malignant. A year and four days ago I had my birthday (39th); I chose not to celebrate it that year.

I had my birthday a couple of days ago (39th). Today I had to put my other dog down because he was hurting and so badly off that I could not delay it any further.

I hate this time of year.

Please, all out there, whomever and whatever you believe in, please help him find his way to where he will be happy.

I would truly wish the rv to happen , if for no other reason as to give me something positive to believe in this time of year.

Thank you. I needed to write something down so someone out there may say something to someone who can help me.

• Upvote 5

A year and a week ago today my favorite dog died on a walk. She had been diagnosed with cancer two days prior. They also told me it was not malignant. A year and four days ago I had my birthday (39th); I chose not to celebrate it that year.

I had my birthday a couple of days ago (39th). Today I had to put my other dog down because he was hurting and so badly off that I could not delay it any further.

Please, all out there, whomever and whatever you believe in, please help him find his way to where he will be happy.

I would truly wish the rv to happen , if for no other reason as to give me something positive to believe in this time of year.

Thank you. I needed to write something down so someone out there may say something to someone who can help me.

All I can say to you is that I truly empathize with you. There is nothing like the unconditional love of a pet. My thoughts go out to you.

Awfully sorry, UrbanFarmer.

I had a dog, Sandy, who was a golden lab and my companion, guardian and confidante when I was a kid. She died of cancer at age 18. My cat, Mr. T, died more recently and he was similarly old and loved. It is gut wrenching, I'll give you that.

A friend of mine had a similar experience, and she went to a homeless pet facility and got herself a used pooch. Sometimes seniors die and leave their pets grief-stricken and homeless. She got herself a 12 year old beagle who is just delighted to have somebody. Maybe that's an option. I'm seriously thinking it for myself, although some pets just can't be replaced, and I understand that, too.

A day at a time, dude. :)

Maynard

• Upvote 2

Many years ago I had Magnum, Ruger, and Alfie.. Two german sheperds and a dachshaund. Spelling??

Ruger was taken from my yard when I was down town, many people would stop by on there walks to pet my dogs and I think someone fell in love with ruger. About two weeks after, my ex-husband went into my home and stole my daughters TV and Alfie got outside without him knowing. I looked for three days for Alfie and I saw a black something on the street a block away and It was Alfie, the only thing I could recognize was his collar. He was run over on a Saturday and the next Saturday Magnum died I believe he had gotten into some anti-freeze or something. All three of my dogs died when I was going through my divorce and my two children age 4 & 5 at the time were heart broken. I cried for weeks. It has been a while now but I still think of that horrible couple weeks. I hurt for you so bad it brought tears to my eyes. I now have a Black Lab - Shadow, Great Dane - Nollie and a Dachshaund Shatzi. What a mix!

I know my dogs are playing with yours in a wonderful place.

I am so sory for your loss and I feel your pain.

Only time will heal.

God bless you,

Carla

• Upvote 1

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

As a pet lover (and parent of three) I love this!

+ emot-wave.gif The good memories you had with your dog

Edited by Mongo

My heart goes out to you. As the weather changes and gets colder every night, it is hard on old bones to maintain....

I pray to God that He will give you peace of mind and heart.

I pray He will give you the strength to continue on when you can find none, and know that He is right there with you through it all....

Your animals are in a good place, I know this because we have a kind and loving God that works all things for good, no matter how bad they may seem to us at the time.

Peace be with you, my friend, and may God's grace and mercy find its way into your life.

I wish to thanks everyone, those who commented and those who just viewed, my ramble. I have not been on this site that long but it did not take me long to realize that there are many people out there who need this site as a relief from the "real" world. As well as to add to their knowledge of Iraq and the when and rate of the RV.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge is shared through this site; be it rumor or fact, right or wrong. I would like to believe that there is no one out there intentionally leading us astray. We should all be stronger through our mutual sharing of facts or opinions. This is the strength of a community.

I look forward to seeing my cherished pets on the peak of the rainbow bridge (many thanks Chuck!!). Love the thought of that!!

I have been trying to do my homework and read more about the IMF, WTO, Fed.... too much for one person to learn while trying to live a life.

I appreciate every opinion/fact that is shared on this site. And I VERY much appreciate the honest feelings extended out a me, a stranger to you all.

May basic humanity and goodness flourish with every passing day for us all. With any luck those struggling with the current situation in Iraq will feel our positiveness and get the job done and finally form a good strong government, RV and help the Iraqi people.

Again, Thanks. :)