Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What a friend is saying

hspotman

First off, I don't really doubt the rv or that it will happen, I just want to make that straight before I post my friend's copy/pasted email to me. I stated on here last night that I had just gotten home from drinking with him, and we were talking about the dinar/rv/GOI,etc. This is the same friend that I informed about the IQD and rv a couple months ago, and he only scoffed at the idea and said-"pipe dream", "too good to be true", etc. And last night, he wasn't nearly as scoffy, but did ask a bunch of questions trying to figure out "how" Iraq could do some of the things I was stating to him, etc. The point being, he wasn't as smug and scoffy about it this time, which leads me to think he is considering it. I know some,if not all of what he copy/pasted from an article & you-tube video has been discussed here before, but I can't remember what the responses were to those threads, nor can I find them in the archives. Here is his email to me,starting with my response to him,then so forth and so forth. Just scroll to the bottom and start there for a better time-line of this correspondence-

From Me-

Hmm.....I will put the Cramer video up in the forums, although I'm sure someone else has already posted it and I will get bashed for doing it,haaaa. But as far as the rest of the stuff you copy/pasted from an article, I remember it all has been discussed there before, because I'm sure someone else put up that same article. I remember those words I was reading. I think if you really want to figure out what they are all thinking about, you will either have to search through the forums "diligently"(), or go on there and ask your own questions and pose your own theories/facts. They have a search feature there that I don't know if you tried to use,but it can be helpful.

Him-

To: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Sat, November 6, 2010 7:54:38 AM

Subject: Re: this may help

xxxxxx,

Cramer has an interesting take:

But also read the stuff below...

I think the Dinar could appreciate over time, but it will never go 500 - 1000 fold overnight.

Remember also, when (if) they buy your dinars back, they only pay you 80% of the value, plus commission. You're $2200 would be more like $1500.

Dinars Are Sold on Misleading Hype

The potential value of an investment in dinar is often illustrated with references to what happened to the Kuwaiti dinar following the first Gulf War and the German deutschmark following World War II. These would be good examples except neither one was a free-floating currency at the time, so the value was mostly a function of policymaking and official currency management. It is also a fact that no rational investor would base an investing decision on two instances of past data (more than 60 years in the past) without considering all the times this investing strategy did not pay off.

Will the Iraqi government pursue a policy of currency appreciation in the future? Since an appreciating currency makes funding your brand new government and paying off past debts more expensive, it seems unlikely. An economy in Iraq's situation is more likely to experience a currency crash or intentional devaluation than a sudden and dramatic reflation.

In fact, more recent currency history would seem to show that it is more likely that the dinar will depreciate further in the near term. The fallacy that dinar dealers are relying on is that a growing economy will result in a stronger currency. That is not the case. As the recent examples of Venezuela, Turkey, and Mexico show, a growing economy is as likely to be accompanied by an inflating (weakening) currency as not.

Many dinar dealers refer to the value of the Iraqi dinar prior to the 1990 Kuwaiti invasion (One dinar = $3+ US dollars) as evidence that the potential for the dinar is theoretically unlimited. They don't mention that the pre-1990 dinar has been demonetized (worthless) and that its value was arbitrarily set by an autocratic regime led by Saddam Hussein. Following the embargo, the ability for the Iraqi government to manage its currency's value collapsed and it spent the next ten years at 2,000 - 3,500 dinar to the US dollar.

How did the US fail in the economy? Greed.....this is how these scammers are getting to you; do your homework, read info from unbiased report. These dinar dealers are all over the internet, speaking Lies!! They just want your money, and giving you paper for your hard earned money whom you gave to them freely. Make wise decision not motivated by the false one sided, don't make recless financial decisions,there are other safe investments without loosing your capital. If its too good to be true it must be. WE aren't born yesterday are we folks?

Don't be fooled people! Even if it revalues and they do drop 2 zeros (as reported), the value will stay the same (also as reported). You're not going to get rich off the dinar scam. Do your research before wasting your hard earned money. You're going to lose a minimum of 20% of your "investment" just by participating in this giant hoax!!

I am a banker in KC, MO. For those of you suggesting you can get your money back please take your dinars to your bank and try to get US currency for them, good luck. You will not be able to because banks don't deal with dinars. They are the 2nd or 1st most counterfiet currency in the world. THIS IS A SCAM!!! Comparing this to the Kuwait dinar is wrong becuase it was not a free floating currency at the time so their value was a function of policy making. The Iraqi Dinar will be demonetized and all you gulible "investors" will have learned a very hard lesson. Sorry guys hope you didn't put too much into it!!

I invest in the FOREX regularly. I have read all the comments, and I am shocked at how many people will throw away their money on such foolishness. You can own the currency, but as many commenters have said, your going to sell at a loss, and who is going to buy it without charging a spread (20% to sell). If your going to throw away your money, at least buy on a platform(FOREX) where you can actually readily sell your position, or better yet save your maony, and do not waste your time.

When in doubt, go back to common sense. Let's say a citizen in Iraq has 1,000,000 dinars. He can buy roughly 1 ounce of gold. Their government can't simply deem their money to be worth more. Nothing they do will make that citizen worth 1,000 ounces of gold.When a country devalues their money to the point of being nearly worthless, they scrap the old bills and print a new banknote. Eventually they remove the old ones from circulation and pump more new bills into circulation. The old bills that people hang onto are still worthless.The bills you buy for 1,000 dinars to 1 US dollar will either not go up substantially in value, or they will be removed from circulation and Iraq will print a "new" dinar that will be valued closer to the US dollar. Either way, it won't make you rich.

You may be confusing the announcement to "renumber" the Iraqi Dinar. Iraq is going to re-denominate its currency by getting rid of three zeros at the end of its notes. It is not the same thing as a revaluation. Value stays the same.

Let the Buyer Beware when it comes to currency trading. If it was such a good deal then no one would be selling. Why do you think it is that Dinars are flooding the market? Wouldn't it be better to hold them rather than sell them at 1,000 to one? Dinars are a legitimate currency and may be traded, but don't get caught up in the hype (it will suddenly appreciate in value) or you will be using your pile of Dinars for your Friday night poker game.

Me-

----- Original Message -----

To:xxxxxxxx

Cc:xxxxx

Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 11:01 PM

Subject: this may help

Read this link, it may clear up some of what you were thinking about. Granted, this is mostly opinion, but opinion of people that have done a hellovalotta research.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 8

Any opinions here are greatly appreciated,negative or positive, as I emailed him the link to this forum so he can see for himself the magnitude of this investment. Oh and BTW, he is a very smart individual when it comes to business and investments, so he may be able to give some needed insight to this as well.......maaaaybe :rolleyes:

No offense but why would you try to convince your drinking buddy about the IQD if he's not interested ? ......... the few I've told I stated the facts the upside and the downside then told them to make up their mind , I would not want to be responsible for the financial choices anyone might make concerning the IQD especially if it goes belly-up.. just curious

• Upvote 1

I am a banker in KC, MO. For those of you suggesting you can get your money back please take your dinars to your bank and try to get US currency for them, good luck. You will not be able to because banks don't deal with dinars. They are the 2nd or 1st most counterfiet currency in the world. THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Read more:

So... the bank where I bought mine doesn't exist? And if this "imaginary" bank did sell me dinar... they may have sold me counterfeit notes?

Hmmmm.... gee, I may just have a potential lawsuit with my bank. My bank is real.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I am a banker in KC, MO. For those of you suggesting you can get your money back please take your dinars to your bank and try to get US currency for them, good luck. You will not be able to because banks don't deal with dinars. They are the 2nd or 1st most counterfiet currency in the world. THIS IS A SCAM!!!

Read more:

So... the bank where I bought mine doesn't exist? And if this "imaginary" bank did sell me dinar... they may have sold me counterfeit notes?

Hmmmm.... gee, I may just have a potential lawsuit with my bank. My bank is real.

First paragraph you say it's a SCAM

And the second paragraph it sounds like you're saying you purchased it... I'm confused.

The bottom line... Dinar Dealers will purchase your Dinar's back... So you lose 20% on your investment... Big Deal... the upside potential is worth the risk

First paragraph you say it's a SCAM

And the second paragraph it sounds like you're saying you purchased it... I'm confused.

The bottom line... Dinar Dealers will purchase your Dinar's back... So you lose 20% on your investment... Big Deal... the upside potential is worth the risk

My apologies... you didn't quote the first paragraph correctly and it came off hypocritical

Correct... my error, not quoting properly. My post was the last paragraph. And yes, worth the risk.

• Upvote 2

So Jaxinjersey if this is a scam unless I misunderstood you, you have stated this is a scam, Don't mean to be rude but if you think that way and I apologize if I am misreading you what are you even doing on here, the reason I ask is your posts has 2 different almost contradicting statements one saying it's a scam the other saying you are going to go back and sue your bank,. Can you clarify please. thank you

Ok didn't see that post Jax thank you for clarifying

So Jaxinjersey if this is a scam unless I misunderstood you, you have stated this is a scam, Don't mean to be rude but if you think that way and I apologize if I am misreading you what are you even doing on here, the reason I ask is your posts has 2 different almost contradicting statements one saying it's a scam the other saying you are going to go back and sue your bank,. Can you clarify please. thank you

Already did... see above. Didn't reply properly. I expected people to recognize the first part as a quote from the original poster. My bad.... but, I do wish people would read the original poster's message better! Sorry for the confusion everyone!

• Upvote 2

Even though you were given alot of 'dings' (negatives in your post above) I for ONE appreciate those who bring their

various views to the open forum unlike the few that gave you a minus rating for just simply bringing over a friends post.

So,...as you can see and hopefully have established by now that NO, opinions HERE that come in the form of ANY negativity are NOT appreciated.

Feel free to send them to me though, anytime! I like a good debate and appreciate BOTH sides of views.

Thanks for posting & sharing ALL of your thoughts.

Any opinions here are greatly appreciated,negative or positive, as I emailed him the link to this forum so he can see for himself the magnitude of this investment. Oh and BTW, he is a very smart individual when it comes to business and investments, so he may be able to give some needed insight to this as well.......maaaaybe :rolleyes:

Edited by NineLives
  • Upvote 4

This is not like penny stock trading where people encourage and discourage others from buying or selling.

The game here with dinar is that you only encourage buying. There's no need to encourage selling,...there's enough to go around for EVERYONE on the planet to hold some.

That illogical thinking was conjured up by the dinar sellers to dupe everyone into buying. Let's call it a MYTH.

We must be getting very close. More and more articles discouraging investing/speculation in the Dinar. This is good news to me-

Edited by NineLives
  • Upvote 5

LOL, first off, I knew I would get alot of negatives :lol: , and I really don't care what people think about me here :lol: , as I SAID this was from a friend who I AM TRYING TO CONVINCE because I respect his business sense. If I could convince him, then it would solidify my confidence in this. But I know now after surfing with him today and talking more to him that he can't be convinced. BUT I would like him to see some good points pointed out by people in the know here, like Phoenix,Scooter,Viper,etc., just to give him some food for thought. So ding me as much as you want, I knew I would get 'em, but who really cares about those :blink: , is this a high school popularity contest :lol:

No offense but why would you try to convince your drinking buddy about the IQD if he's not interested ? ......... the few I've told I stated the facts the upside and the downside then told them to make up their mind , I would not want to be responsible for the financial choices anyone might make concerning the IQD especially if it goes belly-up.. just curious

Because I respect his opinion, and he is a very smart and have a very successful business sense and does well with his own investments. And what I stated above.

I will treat it like a chat since it is a conversation back and forth between you two.

Thanks, was wondering where to put this.

Even though you were given alot of 'dings' (negatives in your post above) I for ONE appreciate those who bring their

various views to the open forum unlike the few that gave you a minus rating for just simply bringing over a friends post.

So,...as you can see and hopefully have established by now that NO, opinions HERE that come in the form of ANY negativity are NOT appreciated.

Feel free to send them to me though, anytime! I like a good debate and appreciate BOTH sides of views.

Thanks for posting & sharing ALL of your thoughts.

Thanks NL, but I knew they were coming :lol: , again...who really cares about those??? :blink:

Both those articles I read and if I'm not mistaken they are from 3 or 4 years ago.

Yes, that is what I figured. But I couldn't find them in the archives AND I wanted someone here to state this so he could see it said by someone else. Thanks for doing that.

This is not like penny stock trading where people encourage and discourage others from buying or selling.

The game here with dinar is that you only encourage buying. There's no need to encourage selling,...there's enough to go around for EVERYONE on the planet to hold some.

That illogical thinking was conjured up by the dinar sellers to dupe everyone into buying. Let's call it a MYTH.

I've always looked at this kinda like a penny stock, even though it's not a stock. A Pink Sheets stock I'm invested in is trading at the same range as the IQD :lol:,but they also have a VERY superior product and are based in Israel, just across that little pond from Iraq in the ME. Check it out, the ticker is IDTA.pk . I am theorizing that the big hold up with revenue reporting from them, which they said in one of their last PR's they would start reporting,goes in line with what is happening with the IQD and rv, etc. It is very coincidental that they both(GOI,expected rv,etc)(and the PR about revenue reporting from IDTA) are coming at the same time. I have been invested in IDTA for over 5 years now, and not once have they ever reported any revenues. Very interesting to say the least.

More feedback please, and SURE, WHY NOT more negs :lol::P

Would love for him to see a response from Phoenix or Scooter on this, but I know they are very busy with other things to do for US here at DV, especially since these things my friend has stated have been discussed before.