Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here some info everyone needs to read

sladrian

Go look at the calendar for Wednesday the 10th of November. Maybe all of this is falling into place.

Provisional Programme of Work of the Security Council – November 2010

Briefing (a.m.)

- Iraq DFI/IAMB

Private meeting (a.m.)

- Iraq DFI/IAMB

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/atf/cf/%7B65BFCF9B-6D27-4E9C-8CD3-CF6E4FF96FF9%7D/POW%202%20Nov%2010.pdf

You take Scooters report and time line and this pretty much fall right into place. I have never been more positive of the "near future" for re-evaluation to take place as today.

This report is available online and can be viewed together with Update Reports on developments during the month at www.securitycouncilreport.org

IRAQ

Expected Council Action

The Council is expecting to discuss the Development Fund for Iraq in November. The UN Controller appears likely to brief the Council in an open meeting and Iraqi representatives may also address the Council.

A follow-on closed meeting is also possible. No Council action is expected at time of writing.

Key Recent Developments

Iraq has continued to be unable to form a new government following its 7 March elections. Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki visited a number of countries in the region in mid-October, reportedly to discuss aspects of government formation in Iraq, including the possible inclusion of the Iraqiya coalition led by Iyad Allawi. Maliki travelled to Iran on 18 October, where Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei reportedly urged politicians in Iraq to reach agreement on forming a new government as soon as possible. (Before travelling to Iran, Maliki went to Syria and Jordan and went on to visit Egypt and Turkey.)

The visits followed a 1 October agreement to nominate Nouri al-Maliki for prime minister by the State of Law coalition led by Maliki, supporters of Moktada al-Sadr and some smaller factions. However, those

groups remain short of a majority in the Iraqi parliament, and gathering additional support from Kurdish groups or the Iraqiya coalition is needed. On 8 October hundreds of Sadr’s followers rallied in Baghdad and other parts of the country to show support for the decision to nominate Maliki for a second term as prime minister.

Violence in the country has continued. The US ended combat operations in August and reduced its troops to 50,000. On 19 October a UN convoy transporting Special Representative for Iraq Ad Melkert was attacked with a roadside bomb in Najaf after a meeting between Melkert and Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani. While Melkert and UN staff were not injured, one member of the Iraqi security forces was killed. The Secretary-General said the attack would not deter the UN’s activities in Iraq. In survey results presented on 19 October, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees reported that a majority of Iraqis who have moved back to Baghdad regret their decision to return, due to violence,

harassment and kidnapping. (While hard to confirm, there have been recent media reports that significant numbers of former Sunni Awakening Council members have joined or rejoined Al-Qaida in Mesopotamia because of frustration with the Shiite-led government. It is unclear to what degree renewed support for Al-Qaida may be contributing to ongoing violence.)

Key Issues

A key issue for the Council in November is assessing progress made by Iraq to establish a successor mechanism to the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI) which should happen by 31 December 2010, as called for in resolution 1905. (The DFI holds the proceeds of petroleum export sales from Iraq as well as remaining balances from the Oil-for-Food program and other frozen Iraqi funds. The International Advisory and Monitoring Board (IAMB) is its audit oversight body.) An ongoing constraint in this regard is the delay in forming a government. A related issue is that ongoing delays also undermine Iraq’s ability to take the steps necessary for the lifting of restrictions imposed in Saddam-era resolutions.

Underlying Problems

A major underlying problem is the fact that as a relatively new democracy, Iraq is still developing the political institutions and social infrastructure required for longterm stability. This hinders the ountry’s ability to overcome significant sectarian and political divisions.

Options

Options for the Council include:

• adopting a press statement that encourages Iraq’s continuing efforts toward establishing a DFI successor mechanism;

• choosing to take a decision on removing one or more measures imposed on Iraq in historical resolutions related to the regime of Saddam Hussein (a less likely option at this time); or

• refraining from action at present.

Council and Wider Dynamics

Council members seem increasingly concerned over the delay in forming a new government and the complications for assessment of Iraq’s work on a DFI successor mechanism with some questioning

whether a credible mechanism can be installed by 31 December. Many appear to remain sceptical about extending immunities associated with the DFI past the end of this year.

With regard to resolving other outstanding Chapter VII issues, many Council members seem to view progress as likely only after the formation of a new Iraqi government and with Iraq/Kuwait issues remaining more problematic. The US is the lead country on Iraq issues in general, and the UK is the lead on Iraq/Kuwait issues.

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/atf/cf/%7B65BFCF9B-6D27-4E9C-8CD3-CF6E4FF96FF9%7D/November%202010%20Forecast.pdf

Edited by SteveI
  • Upvote 6

I know people will question your upcoming prediction, i think we're all :blink: about predictions over the last year or so ( I know i am)

I think whats different today is what yourself, Scooter, Phoneix, Viper, Doc , Steve and others present on here as far as documentation and analysis supporting the RV

I really don't look at a date and rate so much as can this happen? Yes it can happen. When? who knows.

I salute EVERYONES effort in bringing such valuable information to this site!

Thanks for the education

Semper Fi

Edited by bobby_cahill
  • Upvote 6

Good Morning Sladrian,

This is an exciting time and it it good to be part of it! My company makes medical equipment that does not require a medical degree to use. I would like to introduce it to the Gulf Region through a distributor in Iraq. Please take a look at our web site www.startechhealth.com as well as www.nrglaser.com. The first belongs to my company while the second is a private labeler of our product. I believe the potential is huge and the benifits to the general population in the Gulf Region extraordinary. I look forward to receiving your response. Keep in mind that we cannot make claims without risking the wrath of the FDA. I tried to contact you directly but it was not allowed. My direct email is xxxxxxxxxx.com. We are in a moment in time that could change the world and I would like to help.

For all of you on this thread please forgive me for using this initiate a contact but providing inexpensive healthcare to the world that works is what the RV can accomplish if done correctly and it is my dream.

Edited by Munsch
removed email
  • Upvote 1

incorrect who dat gurl what i said is that it's something that will not be told all over the chats and internet. so you can believe it or not, but i will not go into why I believe this!!! Do your homework and see what you find out there besides in the chat rooms. But is it people like you that tell things from a chat to the thread because I refuse to say who my intel comes from or disclose the facts that I know which are true. So if you want to believe me that's your choice but don't go into the chat rooms and then come out and try and discredit me!

I was not trying to discredit you. I was just repeating what you stated in chat. Again, I asked for more info, not WHO your intel was. I asked if you heard from them and why nothing happened within the 72 hours you stated. And today you said by Monday IT WILL HAPPEN NO LATER. Then in chat you stated you had a "gut feeling".

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I was not trying to discredit you. I was just repeating what you stated in chat. Again, I asked for more info, not WHO your intel was. I asked if you heard from them and why nothing happened within the 72 hours you stated. And today you said by Monday IT WILL HAPPEN NO LATER. Then in chat you stated you had a "gut feeling".

...AND that he had just woken up from a drunk so couldn't have been on chat 1 hour earlier or when the "Monday" statement was posted in the forum. To wit, his response was, "it was a gut feeling my wife had"

Now I'm not bashing Slad here. Just confirming what went on. I appreciate the "intel" he brings to the table. Only wondering how much of it is actually his or his wife's... Just sayin'

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

...AND that he had just woken up from a drunk so couldn't have been on chat 1 hour earlier or when the "Monday" statement was posted in the forum. To wit, his response was, "it was a gut feeling my wife had"

Now I'm not bashing Slad here. Just confirming what went on. I appreciate the "intel" he brings to the table. Only wondering how much of it is actually his or his wife's... Just sayin'

Yes, you are correct RicknSaudi, that is what was stated, exactly. I went straight from the posting (regarding the Monday thing), looked at his/her profile to see what other things have been posted from him/her (using pronouns him/her since this account is obviously being used from a husband and wife team as stated). And sladrain profile stated "in chat room", so I went directly there and asked my questions to him again. So, within 5 minutes time frame, or less, someone from sladrain posted and then went to chat from their account. In the chat room I was told wife had gut feeling and she posted that info.

So, can I ask who was in the chat room 4 nights ago, wife or hubbie, and stated intel stated within 72 hours it would happen?

I believe it was also stated Scooter had similar info. I was just trying to get more info. in regards to why they thought that. I did not want anybody's name.

Edited by Who_Dat_Gurl
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yes, you are correct RicknSaudi, that is what was stated, exactly. I went straight from the posting (regarding the Monday thing), looked at his/her profile to see what other things have been posted from him/her (using pronouns him/her since this account is obviously being used from a husband and wife team as stated). And sladrain profile stated "in chat room", so I went directly there and asked my questions to him again. So, within 5 minutes time frame, or less, someone from sladrain posted and then went to chat from their account. In the chat room I was told wife had gut feeling and she posted that info.

So, can I ask who was in the chat room 4 nights ago, wife or hubbie, and stated intel stated within 72 hours it would happen?

I believe it was also stated Scooter had similar info. I was just trying to get more info. in regards to why they thought that. I did not want anybody's name.

Hey Thanks for your efforts! Not only I but many here appreciate you! I have no ill will but graditude for all that you do!biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1