Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Not an office pool...but a Dinar Pool...Come play while we wait :)

hrdbawl

Tired_of_Waiting directly or indirectly made me think of something fun to break up the monotony while we wait on Iraq.

Think about this everyone. How fun would it be if we held a "dinar...guess the RV pool" where everyone gets ONE guess and the buy in is say 1,000 dinar (can't go lower cuz there ain't nothing lower yet ) or since 25,000 is only $25+/-, maybe 25,000 Dinar should be the "buy in" and the winner takes all! Clearly the closest one wins and the tie breaker goes to the one that is LESS THAN the actual amount (we'll just say they were more realistic with their guess).

For example, I claim and RV (that's my guess btw) of $1.10 per Dinar and Joe Blow comes in at $1.12 but the RV is $1.11 "buy" rate listed on the CBI.IQ site (CBI will be the official source for this determining number). I'd take the pool in this case because I was lower than the actual RV of $1.11 even though we split the difference. OR...we just simply split the money 50/50!

We'd use a neutral source to hold the Dinar (or we can go with an honor system) that we all feel comfortable with (me...kidding) and for all those that feel that strongly about their RV guess (TK and TiaC don't get to play as they have too many guesses and change their minds too often ) we'd be able to have some fun with this while we wait.

As for the neutral source to hold the dinar...I am available and reliable, but of course I was kidding. We could have Scooter, Phoenix or Viper (I feel strongly that I could trust them if they were willing) or whomever or whatever other idea's you all might have.

Think about this guys!! How fun would a "dinar...guess the RV pool" be?

Come on now, this is the Crown Jewel (besides the money of course) of this back and forth saga we've been experiencing. If we can gamble 1,000,000's (i.e. $1,000's) on Dinar, what is $25 for what should be a huge pot of money judging by all those that have voiced their RV guesses over the past 6 months.

Let's play Ball!!!!!!!!!! I'm open to any and all suggestions. Wouldn't it be fun again to come to this site to check up on the pool to see who guessed what and how big the pot is getting?

Hrdbawl out!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

you posted in the wrong forum....and as far as your offer with a nuetral person holding the dinar or the honor system? :lol: :lol: :lol: ....NOT INTERESTED....

my bad on the wrong forum. It was supposed to have gone to rumor's vs. news. Moderators, please move this would you? Much thanks.

I am in!

.86 on November 1st.

Wish it was better but that's my story and I am sticking to it!!

RichNick123

That's the conviction I've been reading from people! Therefore this would really be fun and prosperous for someone and a much needed distraction for all of us, participating in the pool or not. I guess what I'll do is if enough people want in (i.e. if this idea catches fire) we'll decide on that neutral source to hold the Dinar until payday. This should be easy. This link can keep track of everyone's guess for verification purposes.

I got to be honest...with all the frustration floating around out there with more surely to come, I hesitated to even bring this idea to the forefront. It'll either flop or take off so if you don't like it, please reserve your energy for another post. :lol:

Edited by hrdbawl
  • Upvote 1

So, we would be betting on what the RV amount would be when it does RV? And say if it RV's at $3.54 for example, the person who picked that amount would win all the Dinar's in the pool? And lets say the pool had 500,000 dinars in it from people placing odds of the rate the Dinar would be. And at the time it RV's, the neutral person would send us those dinars they are holding with a value of $1.5 mil+ USD if the RV was $3.54. I think I'd have to know the person holding the dinars pretty well to play. LOL Although it does sound like fun.

Edited by icfaith
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So, we would be betting on what the RV amount would be when it does RV? And say if it RV's at $3.54 for example, the person who picked that amount would win all the Dinar's in the pool? And lets say the pool had 500,000 dinars in it from people placing odds of the rate the Dinar would be. And at the time it RV's, the neutral person would send us those dinars they are holding with a value of $1.5 mil+ USD if the RV was $3.54. I think I'd have to know the person holding the dinars pretty well to play. LOL Although it does sound like fun.

If that creates a bit of an issue, then we can do the honor system concept but something tells me that won't go over well either. oh well, it would have been fun and something interesting to track vs. reading all the rumors.

Like I said, if someone has an idea to inject, I'm all ears. Betting on what the Dinar will RV at just sounded fun. :( Kinda amazing what earns a negative point isn't it? :unsure: No worries everyone. Go RV!

Edited by hrdbawl
  • Upvote 1

If that creates a bit of an issue, then we can do the honor system concept but something tells me that won't go over well either. oh well, it would have been fun and something interesting to track vs. reading all the rumors.

Like I said, if someone has an idea to inject, I'm all ears. Betting on what the Dinar will RV at just sounded fun. :( Kinda amazing what earns a negative point isn't it? :unsure: No worries everyone. Go RV!

my suggestions... I like the idea a lot. Was thinking we could designate half the pot to the closest guess on rate and the other half on The date! I also believe maybe 10 % should go to the trustworhy source who is chosen to hold them. I for one would be happy to do it, but as none of you know me except for my father and a few others, I can only offer up my credibility as an eagle scout and a person who was raised with very honest and integrous (I made that word up... ha) values. I believe in karma and am well aware of it's repercussions.

If we do choose to play and also For me to hold them, the only catch that may turn out to be an issue would be that my residence is in Sydney Australia but my father is in the states so maybe we could work something out. I would fedx winner on appropriate date.

Maybe this will game will help people do better homework and take ther predictions a bit more seriously!

J .... Go rv

• Upvote 2

This really sounds like fun. A couple of suggestions on the potential problems would be:

1. Possibly, we could get Ali to agree to hold the pool in his safe if everyone that wants to participate purchases a 25k dinar note just for this purpose. A document could be drawn up (sort of a trust) that would spell out the details.

2. Since we have the ability to edit our own posts, any post with a date or rate guess that has been edited would be disqualified.

These are just a couple of things that have come to mind. One other obstacle may be that we would not have time to pull this together, hopefully.

• Upvote 1