Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question about Paris Club/IMF/Iraq

sladrian

Some time ago Scooter posted something about Paris Club/IMF and if Iraq did not get their &%^$ together by a certain date that it would cost them big time! Can someone please give me a short overview "in dumb person english" what that is all about or if those dates have passed and not a damn thing has happend to them.

I am a NEWBIE to posting but have been around a little while reading and learning, so any smart ass comments about doing my own research is not needed. I did look to find that post from the Scoot Man but with little luck. Any help and education would be greatly appreciated.

Well,

Since you put it that way... LOL... First, good day and welcome to posting. Second, while my memory is not as sharp as I would hope, I shall try to answer the question at hand. Professor Scooter, PhD and Rhode Scholar, did some research and found a UN budget document which PLANNED for the IQD to be similar in value to the Bahraini Dinar (somewhere around ~2.65USD) and did lay out a pretty good timetable of what could be. I say 'could' because this is Iraq... Nuff said. Nothing 'pro' or 'con' justating that things work way differently over there than most of us care to realize or admit too... Or rather that they may actually be a 'chip of the old block' only wearing a different name. My only concern is that we are swiftly approaching the Oct 15 mark and no RV. I say 'concern' because my level of frustration is not such that I am making plans to fly to Bahgdad and force the GOI to convene, input parilament members thereby possibly forcing a reconcilliation, and have the GOI do what it is paid to do.... govern Iraq. In any event, I hope this helps. Good Luck, Happy hunting and GO RV!!!!

Well,

Since you put it that way... LOL... First, good day and welcome to posting. Second, while my memory is not as sharp as I would hope, I shall try to answer the question at hand. Professor Scooter, PhD and Rhode Scholar, did some research and found a UN budget document which PLANNED for the IQD to be similar in value to the Bahraini Dinar (somewhere around ~2.65USD) and did lay out a pretty good timetable of what could be. I say 'could' because this is Iraq... Nuff said. Nothing 'pro' or 'con' justating that things work way differently over there than most of us care to realize or admit too... Or rather that they may actually be a 'chip of the old block' only wearing a different name. My only concern is that we are swiftly approaching the Oct 15 mark and no RV. I say 'concern' because my level of frustration is not such that I am making plans to fly to Bahgdad and force the GOI to convene, input parilament members thereby possibly forcing a reconcilliation, and have the GOI do what it is paid to do.... govern Iraq. In any event, I hope this helps. Good Luck, Happy hunting and GO RV!!!!

Thanks for your input, I guess Oct. 15th will tell the story if anything that the UN documents show hold any weight.

It is my recollection that Scooter ended up verifying that the Paris Club payment was due in January 2011. However, I could be wrong of course. He has said all along that Iraq has 195 billion reasons to get this done by November 2, 2010. I believe that was because of forgiven debt that would be reinstated if not done by then and/or various contracts and other financial incentives. Although, again....I could be wrong.

Someone smarter than me please correct if I am.dry.gif

Sladrian,

The problem with this kind of information that is put out is, it is one mans interpertation of documents. It all seems very nice and good and makes a lot of sense. However Iraq will see the same document and have a completly different interpertation. The point is, dont take any thing you read here as fact.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am sure that Iraq is not waiting around for all their debts to be paid at one time...things just don't happen like that unless you are in "The Family Business" For instance they forgave China 80% of their debt, and I am sure other negotiations are on the table with unconventional ways of paying debts at this time. I can't see where this is the criteria for a RV/RI. I am glad this is a rumor site, because I am not sure of anything....as a young nurse, a doctor once told me, a little knowledge can be a fatal thing. I have never forgotten that, I am talking smoke here, because my hopes are so high... GO RV!!!