Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

25 Note???

Munsch

Can you tell me where you see Saddam on the blue notes on the scale??? All I can see is "25" and chicken scratch, no face.

The green notes is the arabic side of the 10,000

She's talking about the 10k note Munsch, that's the scholar I made the post about on the 10k Note. Which is a current note looking at the CBI website available currencies.

My two cents, this a dated photo showing the swap-over from Sadams money to the current money, have tried to zoom in as the Sadam notes clearly had the word DINARS printed thru the 250. could not get a clear enough zoom to see that, and lost the number in the upper corner as well.

Biggest concern about it being Sadam money is that the art work or dancing workers are unlikely to make the transition to the new bills.

I am nearly certain that this is an old photo and not the new Dinar.

• Upvote 3

Hey Chief

Read post #20 or

I don't see why they would photoshop a 25 on there? That part I don't get, have to look up the older notes and I'll get right on that...lol

Now it is quite possible that this was from the initial changeover of currency, we do know that they do recycle old photo's, I have to find the Image site of the older currencies, that would show a 25 on it and then we can determine if this is old or not.

V

My two cents, this a dated photo showing the swap-over from Sadams money to the current money, have tried to zoom in as the Sadam notes clearly had the word DINARS printed thru the 250. could not get a clear enough zoom to see that, and lost the number in the upper corner as well.

Biggest concern about it being Sadam money is that the art work or dancing workers are unlikely to make the transition to the new bills.

I am nearly certain that this is an old photo and not the new Dinar.

Yeah, looks like Saddam 250 note

IraqP85-250Dinars-AH1415-1995_a.jpg

IraqP85-250Dinars-AH1415-1995_b.jpg

• Upvote 1

Now if you read the news clip...there is no indication that they were considered as good currency forgers. Pehaps they forged the smaller notes that were not in circulation yet and those were the lower denoms that got reported as seen by the military not to long ago. Cause if you think about it the common citizen would not likely know the real ones from the fake ones if they had never seen a real one yet.

Yeah ... if you notice the 25 is in the wrong position (normally located in the corners inside the graphics to make it much more difficult to counterfeit) and appears to be a different font than all of the De La Rue printed denoms.

I don't know whether it has been photo shopped or what.

My original questions was ... is it a 250 ... the answer to that is NO.

The red ones are 25,000 IQD/NID (in vendor's hand and on top of calculator)

The green ones between the guys fingers closest to the camera on the left are the back of the 10,000 IQD/NID

Can't make out the plasticized stacks

Is that a $5 USD in the guy on the rights hand and can't make out what he is handing over

And then there is our photoshopped 25

It doesn't look like one single 25 note but a wad of 25 notes.

Now if you read the news clip...there is no indication that they were considered as good currency forgers. Pehaps they forged the smaller notes that were not in circulation yet and those were the lower denoms that got reported as seen by the military not to long ago. Cause if you think about it the common citizen would not likely know the real ones from the fake ones if they had never seen a real one yet.

What is everyone's exact concern here? Are you concerned that some of us might have counterfeit notes? Or that they are already redenominating? Or is this just a topic of interesting talk? When I looked at my 25k notes, they are like our US bills with the metallic strip running down the middle top to bottom.

Edited by hspotman

What is everyone's exact concern here? Are you concerned that some of us might have counterfeit notes? Or that they are already redenominating? Or is this just a topic of interesting talk? When I looked at my 25k notes, they are like our US bills with the metallic strip running down the middle top to bottom.

No hspotman, it's about the RV, once this happens the value of the notes will increase exponentially, the smaller notes are what we're looking for, once they appear then we know the RV is in, the larger notes will all be taken out of circulation and the smaller notes, in denominations similar to the US currency with the exception of 1/4 notes and 1/2 notes, as well as a possible 25 note as opposed to a 20 note. This will make for ease of purchase and carrying money instead of a wheel barrel for a loaf of bread, you can carry small change in your pocket as prices will change as well in all markets there.

V

• Upvote 1

Really, Munsch. Stirring the pot. Aren't people agitated enough? And don't bring k98nights into this one - all he did was post a legitimate news story. Chill people. The article is about street forgers, 3 guys with photocopiers. If you bought from a reputable dealer, there is no cause for concern - unless you feel deeply in your heart for the poor Iraqi citizens getting swindled.

You're exactly right, it is an old Saddam Era 250 Note, none of the past 25 notes matched.

http://www.banknoteworld.com/countries/iraq.html

http://www.banknotes.com/iq.htm

Wow, man if that had been for real...lol Lower Denominations are we need to see!!! Then we know the RV is imminent!

That works for me because neither the Syrians, Iranians, Saudis, or Iraqis put the size of the bill in that position CURRENTLY ... which is all that we are concerned with.

So what is an old Saddam 250 bill worth? ... about a nickel or so as an antique?

I guess what I should have said in my original post is that this is NOT a CURRENT 250 because of the location of the numbers. De La Rue doesn't do that and almost all of the med currencies use a watermark in that spot currently.

No hspotman, it's about the RV, once this happens the value of the notes will increase exponentially, the smaller notes are what we're looking for, once they appear then we know the RV is in, the larger notes will all be taken out of circulation and the smaller notes, in denominations similar to the US currency with the exception of 1/4 notes and 1/2 notes, as well as a possible 25 note as opposed to a 20 note. This will make for ease of purchase and carrying money instead of a wheel barrel for a loaf of bread, you can carry small change in your pocket as prices will change as well in all markets there.

V

So then V, we are looking for 1)- smaller notes, and that will tell us that redenomination and RV is starting over there...and 2)-that this is fairly current news?

Really, Munsch. Stirring the pot. Aren't people agitated enough? And don't bring k98nights into this one - all he did was post a legitimate news story. Chill people. The article is about street forgers, 3 guys with photocopiers. If you bought from a reputable dealer, there is no cause for concern - unless you feel deeply in your heart for the poor Iraqi citizens getting swindled.

I am not trying to bring him into this ... I just posted where I found the picture. This does seem like the old Saddam note though to me now too ... But the question now is how old is this picture really? Maybe this is back from Oct 2003 when they did the first exchange of old to new? Sorry for stirring, was only hoping here and why I put it in rumor until bunked. Guess these news sites don't know how to use current pictures related to their news article. :( (Because why would someone forged an old out dated Saddam note that is worthless?) Since this myth looks busted I will close the thread now. Sorry for wasting anyones time.

• Upvote 2