Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The wait game

hspotman

I know many of you have millions of Dinar since they are so cheap right now. I'm just wondering what RV price all of you are going to wait for? Myself, I have only 250,000, so I would realistically like to wait for it to get to where it was before it's downfall and to where the Kuwaiti Dinar is at now. $750,000 would be a nice amount of $$ to put into savings and reinvest elsewhere. Any thoughts here on what they think IQD will get to and how long it could take? How long did it take the KWD to go from the .000 range to it's current 3. range? Hmm, maybe I should buy more when I get the $$. I buy mine on GIDass., but 125k costs me $145.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know many of you have millions of Dinar since they are so cheap right now. I'm just wondering what RV price all of you are going to wait for? Myself, I have only 250,000, so I would realistically like to wait for it to get to where it was before it's downfall and to where the Kuwaiti Dinar is at now. $750,000 would be a nice amount of $$ to put into savings and reinvest elsewhere. Any thoughts here on what they think IQD will get to and how long it could take? How long did it take the KWD to go from the .000 range to it's current 3. range? Hmm, maybe I should buy more when I get the $$. I buy mine on GIDass., but 125k costs me $145.

Dont wait too long. Cash in and repurchase on Forex.

The rules might change midstream making what you hold worthless.

Just my Opinion

• Upvote 1

Remember 40% goes to taxes, capital gain etc. If you can afford it I would pick up enough to cover taxes so that I would actually have $750k in savings.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just my Opinion

I don't understand, why would it be worthless? I am not keeping up on the IQD news, so I wouldn't know. I just took it on advise to buy some, because the person who told me to also invested in the KWD when it was where IQD is now, and he made millions. Why wouldn't the IQD do the same thing the KWD did?

Just my Opinion

And what is Forex? If I cashed in now, I'd lose money...

Remember 40% goes to taxes, capital gain etc. If you can afford it I would pick up enough to cover taxes so that I would actually have $750k in savings.

40%???? Kimjackie, check into TIPRA (Tax Increase Prevention Reduction Act, May 2006) There is also another topic when a member talked with his CPA and had very encouraging news. Bottom line, if you're paying more that 30 -35% you need to move to a different state or maybe country. My research, (consistant with may other posts) keeps me down to capital gains taxes only. And, with my current tax bracket (10 to15%) , my taxes may be zero according to TIPRA. I'm waiting to visit a tax attorney until after RV.

GGGGOOOOO RRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALREADY B)

Just my Opinion

Kip, can you elaborate? I don't follow your comment. Why would my holding the actual currency make it worthless. Even if they decided to completely re-issue a new currency, they would still need to give everyone time to turn in the old currency for new, would they not??

I believe you would have plenty of time to CASH IN, and the CURRENT CURRENCY WOULD BE HONORED as a standing currency.

A better question I want to know the answer to is _With the new Goverment inplace -what's the likilyhood of a RV coming to us Faster now? does anyone think it will make a move when Parlimant goes to session or Will it get done ouside of a P session being held.

Anyone have any guesses> Thanks. Enjoy the Family this weekend. :)

RC... I am new to this site but not new to currency. We still need Iraq to have a full govt. in place before they can RV. In that respect....I believe it should be by the end of OCT----NOV 2010. They are very close to reaching some key mutual agreements. As far as time to cash in I think you are right on. There will be plenty of time. We are dealing with one of the richest countries in the world. And the second in natural resources.

RC... I am new to this site but not new to currency. We still need Iraq to have a full govt. in place before they can RV. In that respect....I believe it should be by the end of OCT----NOV 2010. They are very close to reaching some key mutual agreements. As far as time to cash in I think you are right on. There will be plenty of time. We are dealing with one of the richest countries in the world. And the second in natural resources.

from the other news forums here I believe they will have 1 real soon.THIS month.

That being said, when the government comes into place, how long could we expect the RV to get to a significant value? Does anyone know how long it took the KWD to get up to 3.5 after the gulf war ended? When it comes time to cash in because of their currency change, who's to say that it will be at a significant RV to make a good amount of $$. Or do you just exchange what you have in IQD for their new one? Very new to foreign currency exchange, and it is very confusing...at least this one is.

Let's back up and move a little slower. 1) Once the RV is announced we will all have plenty of time to cash in, and you don't need to be afraid of your currency becoming worthless right away. Just keep an eye on this blog form time to time and stay in touch with the news. 2) No one knows exactly when the RV will come, but one by one the pre-requisites are being met, and the bottom line is that it should happen in the not-to-distant future barring some unforseen disaster in Iraq. 3) There is substantial evidence that the government of Iraq actually has very little if anything to do with the announcement of the RV. The decisions have already been made, and are a part of a larger plan involving the UN, the International Monetary Fund, and the Central Bank of Iraq. The announcement itself should come from the Central Bank. 4) Kuwait may or may not be a valuable precedent in predicting the price action on the Iraqi dinar. There simply are no guarantees. The Kuwaiti dinar apparently came out too low initially, the investment community ran the price way up in just a few days or weeks, and then it took weeks or months for it to drop back to an equitable level of something over $3.00. That doesn't mean the IQD will do the same. The goal is for the value to come out equitably from the start, so there is no volatile run up or down in the value once it is turned on to Forex. 5) Forex is the foreign currency exchange market that is alive nearly 24/7 globally where every non-exotic currency on the planet can be bought or sold at the going price, as determined by the global investment community.

Well, now you know as much as I do. Good luck and God Bless! Oh, and GOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Let's back up and move a little slower. 1) Once the RV is announced we will all have plenty of time to cash in, and you don't need to be afraid of your currency becoming worthless right away. Just keep an eye on this blog form time to time and stay in touch with the news. 2) No one knows exactly when the RV will come, but one by one the pre-requisites are being met, and the bottom line is that it should happen in the not-to-distant future barring some unforseen disaster in Iraq. 3) There is substantial evidence that the government of Iraq actually has very little if anything to do with the announcement of the RV. The decisions have already been made, and are a part of a larger plan involving the UN, the International Monetary Fund, and the Central Bank of Iraq. The announcement itself should come from the Central Bank. 4) Kuwait may or may not be a valuable precedent in predicting the price action on the Iraqi dinar. There simply are no guarantees. The Kuwaiti dinar apparently came out too low initially, the investment community ran the price way up in just a few days or weeks, and then it took weeks or months for it to drop back to an equitable level of something over $3.00. That doesn't mean the IQD will do the same. The goal is for the value to come out equitably from the start, so there is no volatile run up or down in the value once it is turned on to Forex. 5) Forex is the foreign currency exchange market that is alive nearly 24/7 globally where every non-exotic currency on the planet can be bought or sold at the going price, as determined by the global investment community.

Well, now you know as much as I do. Good luck and God Bless! Oh, and GOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks rj, that explained alot more to me. When the time comes, would you suggest exchanging IQD for $$ through Forex or through one's banki? As I said, I bought mine through GIDassociates because I foung that to get the most bang for my buck. So I'll have to figure out where I'll get the most on the exchanging back side.

...oh, and would you want to purchase as much as you could of the current IQD before their money changes? Or after? As I said, very new to this and I am seriously thinking about getting some more IQD. I'm on Forex's website trying to learn how I can do it there, if I don't chose to go through GIDassociates again.

...oh, and would you want to purchase as much as you could of the current IQD before their money changes? Or after? As I said, very new to this and I am seriously thinking about getting some more IQD. I'm on Forex's website trying to learn how I can do it there, if I don't chose to go through GIDassociates again.

Just ordered another 125k today. Small potatoes to most here I'm sure, but depending on the RV, I could definitely be set.....hopefully ;)

Great post. Thanks