Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq: Al-Qaeda demands 'protection money' from northern shopkeepers

k98nights

Mossool-phallic--200x150.jpg

Iraq: Al-Qaeda demands 'protection money' from northern shopkeepers

Mosul, 8 Sept. (AKI) - Al-Qaeda militants are demanding shopkeepers in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul pay extortion money running into hundreds of dollars, the governor of surrounding Nineveh province told pan-Arab daily 'al-Sharq al-Awsat'.

"Many shopkeepers have been threatened and are paying up," Athil al-Najafi told 'al-Sharq al-Awsat'.

Islamic State of Iraq, an umbrella group for Al-Qaeda fighters, is extorting 'protection money' of between 50 and 150 dollars for each truckload of goods received by the shopkeepers, al-Najafi said.

"The charge is 50 dollars for a part delivery and 150 dollars for a full truckload," he stated.

It was hard to assess how many shopkeepers have been paying up, al-Sharq al-Awsat said.

One who did not, Abu Muhammad, was recently murdered and is his son was wounded after Muhammad refused to pay protection money.

In late August, six Iraqi soldiers and a policeman were killed in an attack in Nineveh province. There has been a recent spike in violence in northern Iraq and elsewhere in the country as insurgents have stepped up assaults.

The United States pulled out its combat troops in August amid a political vacuum as parties failed to form a government in the wake of March elections.

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Security/?id=3.1.932669245

The same thing is happening in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda is demanding protection money to allow our trucks full of goods that support our troops to move around the country, which the Afghan government is paying - and we're providing funds to the Afghan government, so we're paying Al Qaeda protection money, instead of being allowed to deal with them. Screwed up, isn't it!?!? :angry:

So Al-Qaeda thinks there in Chi-town. Form the Damn government, get the police force in the north

and control the issues. They really need to move forward so the Iraqi people won't have to continue

going through this BS. The longer they continue to not agree on anything, the worse it will be to get

back in control.

Thanks for the post

Go RV/RI B)

• Upvote 1

All CIA duh ... Just so your sure who your all dealing with. Also I did some homework and went to godaddy.com. There I looked up dinarvets.com I also looked to see who it was registered to. I found an address in LA on sepulveda blvd and searched that address in google. what I found was that same address was linked with seemingly endless different types of skamz. Anyone want to explain? I want rv too guys but things like that, I do not like to see.

• Downvote 1

All CIA duh ... Just so your sure who your all dealing with. Also I did some homework and went to godaddy.com. There I looked up dinarvets.com I also looked to see who it was registered to. I found an address in LA on sepulveda blvd and searched that address in google. what I found was that same address was linked with seemingly endless different types of skamz. Anyone want to explain? I want rv too guys but things like that, I do not like to see.

What does this have to do with this news post?

Exactly. Think we should send our Soprano boys after 'em. Let 'em swim with the fishes...

I dun know! But, me thinks that crazy feral cat of yours can do the job! :P

So Al-Qaeda has become the Mob now?? :blink:

They have never been anything, but thugs and murderers.

• Downvote 1

The address is for WhoIsGuard.... it protects the "real" owner from people who worry too much and stalk! The address at times is used by scammers, but how is this site scamming you? Are you paying for it? NOPE angry.gif

Just like the DINAR... can't be a scam if you actually GET what you paid for... will it be worth MILLIONS soon, well, that was never promised by anyone, it's called investing and there are risks. unsure.gif

• Upvote 3

should I make a new post with those details in headline.

Well you shouldn't just throw it into any post that has nothing to do with the main post. And if it is not dinar or Iraq related it should go in the Off Topic forum. But I warn you to do your FULL research before acquisitions of things like this on a site you are a member of.

The address is for WhoIsGuard.... it protects the "real" owner from people who worry too much and stalk! The address at times is used by scammers, but how is this site scamming you? Are you paying for it? NOPE angry.gif

Just like the DINAR... can't be a scam if you actually GET what you paid for... will it be worth MILLIONS soon, well, that was never promised by anyone, it's called investing and there are risks. unsure.gif

Thank you for clarification, as some members may need that.

• Downvote 1