Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

3-15-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   ...On Wednesday I called my source in the CBI and had a chat. I am not hearing of any target date for this week or over the weekend to reinstate the dinar on FOREX...Again, I am telling everyone we are just now waiting for the last 4 ministers to be seated (especially the interior minister) as the Iraqis have been told many times they need a “fully” formed and functional government or they will not be allowed to reinstate the currency...Meanwhile I am told the CBI is ready and has been ready. They have had a lot of cleanup on the banking and currency fraud with the currency auctions. But at the point it will NOT stop the reinstatement once approved. They need desperately to move forward...(post 1 of 2)...

3-15-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   ...the CBI...must wait for the GOI and IMF to give the green light. I was told that no smaller category notes have yet been launched only more of the existing 250, 500 and 1000 notes in the ATMS...but what about the much lower 100, 50, 5, 10 and fils? Yes, this is an important question to ask for as far as Iraqis are concerned the lower denominations are out already but not the ones we are looking for...(post 2 of 2)...

3-15-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana   Oil saw a nice upward spike yesterday. We're not quite to $60, but the trend is still positive. I expect it to pull back a tiny smidge, then continue the steady pace in this direction...I'm not saying "the day OIL hits $60, we will have an RV"!  $60 was the direction I wanted to see, and we're basically there. As long as the current trend continues, we are in the (green) zone Steady and controlled oil prices, + steady and stable GOI, + some HCL goodies...that's what we're looking for, and it keeps coming!...(post 1 of 3)... 

3-15-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana   One item that is of note, and may push us out just a little bit, is the budget/fiscal year. There is a LOT of accounting to be done with any kind of monetary change, and it would certainly make things cleaner to change the rate on a specific date that coincided with something logical like the start of a fiscal year or quarter, or perhaps the beginning of a new budget, or something like that We are a couple weeks away from the end of Iraq's first fiscal quarter. Their fiscal (XYZ) can be a bit confusing because they don't get the new budget out until after the new fiscal year has already begun, and in the past they have stated that surplus in the budget applies to the following year.  Oh, there's nothing like proper planning, where the first three months of the year you have no idea what's in your checking account or what bills are in the mailbox...(post 2 of 3)...

3-15-2019   Newshound Guru Adam Montana   That's nothing to concern us, of course. In fact, with the steady progress we're seeing in all other areas, the prospect of a currency value change at the start of Iraq's Q2 is a pretty reasonable thought.  In other news... not much I can say right now!  Parliament is in session and WORKING. We don't have an announcement, but all of the clues are saying *soon*.   I'll be monitoring...(post 3 of 3)... 

3-15-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   So far, no voting in parliament on the last 4 ministers. Saturdays promised voting was not completed and postponed yet again. However no new date was confirmed or announce right away. Article quote:  "The candidate of the Minister of the Interior has not been agreed upon so far, but Fayadh officially withdrew his candidacy."   So another article says that the PM is now able to put his own selection of candidates forward and vote on them. We are told they plan to try again in Thursday 3/21. 

:tiphat:Have a great St. Patrick's Day Weekend everyone....Blessings...RON :twothumbs:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      4-25-2019   Intel Guru Frank26   [via Iobey77]   YESTERDAY AN EXPLOSION OF INFO WAS RELEASED BY THE CBI.  [GURU] DELTA LABELED THIS INFO CODE RED AND I APPROVED IT.  IMO ONCE AGAIN SHOWING US THEY ARE OPERATING INTERNATIONALLY AS ARTICLE 8...  

4-25-2019   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   [The new CBI bank being built makes me think they need a world tradable dinar to go along with that Big Fancy Bank!]  For sure. Article VIII is coming. 

4-25-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   ...The Iraqi Central Bank determines the reinstatement timing not the banks...The bank screen with rates have very little to do with the process other than they are at the VERY last point in the food chain in the process...  By the time they are of any significance we would have already known about all these other points and we would know for sure that the reinstatement has already occurred.  The CBI also is going to let us know and not just pop this out on its citizens without sufficient warning. We have been told this by the CBI itself over and over again, and each time they attempted to reinstate this has been the case...

• By ronscarpa
      4-24-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   Article:  "International Smart Card Company contributes to financial inclusion"  Financial Inclusion and Financial Coverage are both addressed here...They are telling the citizens most important, but, they are also telling us now how far they have come and how safe and secure it is to bring in your money and get cards.  They can facilitate all your needs and concerns through the Smart Cards. They are telling them with a card you can not only deposit but, spend...So, clearly this is now well within supporting that Financial inclusion is becoming and more likely is a success and rolling out now as we speak to a level they see fit for MR to date. Lets see if it has a finality this week in respect to how the process is unfolding and at what level they feel is enough Financial Inclusion for the state as a whole...

4-24-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan  Article:  "US agency: Baghdad Tehran to negotiate the purchase of natural gas in Iraqi dinars"   It looks like the work in progress is heating up since late last year.  Now that Iraq and Iran must make a deal in dinar to circumvent sanctions (possibly have made one)...I suspect the pressure in Iran is red hot to get a proper deal done with the neighbor and in a currency that has value or at least adjust as to not take a hit in trade value between Iraq, and so an appropriate deal can be utilized to alleviate disparity in exchange rates and to avoid sanctions by the rules in place per the USA...We shall see if Iran makes a proper deal to sweeten the pot or not for her citizens. My take is regardless, it is getting very hot...IMO

• By ronscarpa
      4-23-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat  Article:  "200 SAUDI BUSINESSMEN WERE ENTERING IRAQ WITH CAPITAL ESTIMATED AT MORE THAN 65 BILLION DOLLARS OVER COMING YEARS"   Quote: "An agreement was signed" between the Iraqi National Investment Commission and the Saudi Investment Authority to develop a roadmap soon..."  So the growth is slow but they still need the corruption gone or it will stifle any real growth in the long term.

4-23-2019   Intel Guru MarkZ    [Q? : What should we take with us to the exchange apt?]  I would take with me whatever you would take if you were to open up a bank account…or pick up a drivers license. ..its better to have too much and not need it then have to little and need it...I say take a drivers license, SS card, birth certificate,and a piece of mail addressed to you. This is my opinion.

4-23-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   There is lots of chatter about the Dong currency and whether it is planned to revalue. Remember Vietnam was considered on the “underdeveloped” country list of the IMF and so it is one of these countries they want to bring forward because it has great potential...The State Bank of Vietnam has been giving us signals for almost a decade now that they plan to get rid of 3 or up to 4 zeros from their Dong currency. So, we know something is up. But what we don’t know is just exactly how they plan to do it...(post 1 of 2)... 

4-23-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   Article:  "ACCORDING TO THE NATIONAL BANK OF VIETNAM, VIETNAM WILL ISSUE A NEW VERSION OF THE VIETNAMESE DONG ON JANUARY 1, 2015."   Of course this did not happen. Why? This is another case where they need to rethink what they are doing. They do not want a bunch of new billionaires overnight. They must first “withdrawal” a certain % of the current larger notes out of circulation, the same process of the project to delete the zeros that Iraq is now going through. The only way to do that is to go electronic banking, just like Iraq did.This is now in the process... They plan to accomplish the conversion to electronic banking by 2020. So could this be a target?...(post 2 of 2)... 

• By ronscarpa
      4-22-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   They told us...that Iraq has the full resources from the Saudi Arabian Kingdom to further their progress in re construction and oil exploration in the Sahara. This supports they are waiting on an international rate to be exposed for them to be secure in that investors are taken care of in kind, imo. They want safe and secure, a level playing field if you will. 

4-22-2019   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   The news today is mostly all about getting investors in Iraq. They know they need to kickstart their economy somehow but can’t just seem to be able to do it with any level of success. But the news today suggest maybe they might move ahead finally in the coming weeks and months.  There are still no signs from the CBI of an urgent pending reinstatement of the dinar any time soon...  Article:  "POST OF GOVERNOR OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ"  Quote:  "It is noteworthy that some sources said earlier, that the post of governor of the Central Bank will be a coalition led by Moqtada al-Sadr."  I am seeing that Sadr is NOT pleased with the efforts of the CBI and still feels it is enormously corrupt and not doing all the necessary actions too deal with it.  Sadr also wants currency reform and wants it NOW.

• By ronscarpa
      4-21-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan  Article:  "The opening of the first Iraqi bank in Saudi Arabia and cooperation includes security and intelligence"  It was a big day.  We learned not only did the Citizens and even the Kurds get their pay on time electronically and through out the 04/08/2019 - 04/18/2019 time period, then the ITB did a ribbon cutting bank ceremony and were somewhat vague on when they would open branches once done bragging about it, just as the Rasheed Bank was vague as well. Why be vague? Smart move...Imo. ..(post 1 of 2)... 

4-21-2019   Newshound Guru MilitiaMan   Yet today, the ITB forecasts mid May to be open and be operational for investors in and out of the Kingdom?   Well, imo there is a possible logic for that.    It is an Iraq Bank in a foreign brotherly land. Therefore, they will need to meet the needs of both brothers, imo.  ...We also should know by now that investors that trade internationally and by the same international standards, typically trade in quality and not at "Sub Par".  A program rate is by far, sub par...(post 2 of 2)... 

• Popular Now

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.