Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cash-In Question

Today I spoke with a BOA employee about currency wire and electronic transfers. I may need to exchange some dinars for a friend who will be out of the country. We both have BOA accounts. In order to do that, I would have to make the exchange into my account and then electronically transfer to her account. How can this be done and not get sticky for tax purposes? Also, if I exchanged her dinars with Ali, then the dollars would have to electronically go from his account to her account technically, right? Who can help me out on this? I know Ali has said that he would need a notarized statement to authorize a cash in of dinars for another person. What say ye???

I dont understand your ?

I was relaying my conversation with BOA, asking how an exchange could be made that would have to go through my account into a friend's account without having sticky tax implications ... because BOA would not permit me to take the friend's dinars (or any currency), exchange them and deposit them to HER account without first going through MY account. And then I questioned whether or not Ali would have to do the same thing ... go through HIS account (or MY account) to get to my friend's account? Seems a lot of hoops to jump through.

I believe Ali is the way to go, he said something to the effect of "you can bring in someone elses dinar with a notarized statement (maybe an affadavit, not sure) with the other persons signature stating they want you to cash in and wire the funds to the other persons account (and he needs the account number on the letter)......please correct me if I'm wrong someone......GO RV..

this is not about paying taxes, but about cashing in for a friend who will be out of the country for some time ... just seems to muddy the tax waters if it has to go through my account to get to her account.

If you cash it in under your SSN or name and account number...you will be liable for the tax...not your friend. Depending on the amount, you might need to get a lawyer involved for a few grand.

If you cash it in under your SSN or name and account number...you will be liable for the tax...not your friend. Depending on the amount, you might need to get a lawyer involved for a few grand.

the fincen 104 form requires ss#, so hopefully that will clear up any tax issues. thanks all for replies. we can only hope we have a reason to worry about all this!!! lol