Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Allawi told «Middle East»: I do not care if Iran developed a red line on .. But it is important not to interfere in our

President of the Iraqi List: opposition to my candidacy personal reasons .. And my step-

Maliki to melt the ice

Iyad Allawi

Masum

Quietly reassuring politically, Arif course of events, personalized, Dr Iyad Allawi, former

Iraqi Prime Minister, leader of the Iraqi List, won the parliamentary elections, the problems

of holding the current stage, despite all the interventions «the largest bloc» and «Merit

Constitutional» and questions about who will be president Iraq's prime minister next.

Allawi busy day in meetings spanning more than 16 hours, however, does not give up his

smile and sense of humor for a personalized problems and one of the most dangerous phases

of Iraq.

In his modest office, which revolves movement in it like a hive regularly, and the presence

of Maysoon Damluji, spokesperson «Iraq», speaking Allawi told «Middle East» About the

constitutionalism, and their plans to form a government that respects the demands of the

Iraqi people, revealing that it is not important from be prime minister. The interview hours

before his meeting with his rival Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has expired. Allawi said

about this meeting as no meeting «person» or «political», but is a step «to melt the ice».

Allawi also said that the first meeting of the Iraqi parliament and planned tomorrow will be

«protocol». The following is the text of the interview:

* What will happen tomorrow?

- There will be the opening of the first parliamentary session will be a protocol, where the

President of the Republic will deliver the opening address, will end the meeting and kept

open to give a period of negotiation between blocs is also assumed to agree on basic

principles for forming the next government.

* Do you expect Tklivkm to form a government?

- No. Monday will be our mandate because no president of the Republic, is first choice of

the Chairman of the House of Representatives and President of the Republic, which will

cost the candidates turn to form a government, and this is part of a deal and one consensus

among political blocs.

Do you think that it will take more time?

- This depends on the rest of the blocks, if resorted to the subject of the largest bloc and the

smaller and medium-sized cluster, it certainly will delay the formation of the government.

For us, we are committed to Basthakaguena constitutional form of government, and there is

nothing in the Constitution indicates that the cluster formed in the parliament are the largest,

and this was confirmed by the Electoral Commission of the obligation to register any block

before her run, and that any new coalition is not registered in the Office and that registration

had been completed, as this topic is not the prerogative of the previous parliament, for the

new parliament, the oldest member will be the president decides he nor the subject blocks.

So part of the rush to form a government depends on the understanding blocks. We are

committed to the constitutional and there Basthakaguena image and audio recordings to

demonstrate that the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee confirms that the

winning list is that it forms a government. This is our rights and democracy, and other

blocks will reach the conviction that the democracy can not be interpreted in different ways

not subject to the will of a haphazard way. The other side depends on the extent of external

influence on the subject of government formation, and this is an important element, we are

with the resolution and will of the Iraqi-based Constitution, we must all rise to this level and

work together to form a government institutions with a clear and specific, and that the

government will be able to take decisions and not a government partnership and only

national Iraqi people need decisions and clear solutions to the security, economic, service

and foreign policy.

Q: Is your program you will be able to achieve the election under the government of

national partnership?

- Surely it is elected is the people of Iraq, Anthabna for our national, and there are political

blocs have left their positions first and raised in this election slogans and national approach

to our program with the difference that there is in our detailed more I do not think there

would be a contradiction between our programs is that there details can be discussed therein,

The problem today is that there is a focus on the ego, who will be President of the Republic

and the Prime Minister and will be the head of parliament, and will be in this position or

that, at a time when you must to get a preliminary agreement on the key issues in the

country. I mean, you will end the sectarian quota system, and whether we will achieve

national interests, Are we going to modify the paths of the political process to the light of

the new current Will it be an inclusive process for all Iraqis Are We will set up on this Iraqi

state, its institutions, a strong contribution of a democracy that respects the rule of justice,

that I think important issues But what I observe now is who will be Prime Minister and

insist on the center, at the time that I think this issue should be based on the obvious facts,

first and foremost rely on the Iraqi constitution and the experiences of previous democratic

Iraq and the world, when we won our brothers in the coalition National in 2005 and 2006

did not work on the formation of another cluster, but Hnonahm and I was not willing to

participate in the Government of 2006, they constitute platforms is Mntlqatna, where quotas

Bougea, for this I believe that the brothers left their positions first, where the named Dawa

Party ticket, the rule of law and the Iraqi coalition National Coalition of Iraq, and we see it

necessary to have dialogue and talk about the national program and then the distribution of

responsibilities, In my opinion, it is necessary to put the foundation stone now and there is

no seizing political and laying the foundations for the upcoming elections, and we must

consider that the quotas been closed, the Crown to recall conversations I heard from our

brothers the leaders in Lebanon over the efforts to leave the quota system they have set, and

that the president be a Christian and the prime minister a Sunni and a Shiite speaker of

parliament. I think we should talk about the deepening of the democratic process and

respect the election results and thus form a national government of Iraq can move into the

ranks of the other.

* What is your opinion of alliance coalitions, state law and the National Coalition?

- I wish every success of these coalitions, but I hope that is not the task of this coalition

usurp the will of Iraqi voters and the creation of opposing political themes with the political

process, they are tired of this, the country and the people are tired too.

* Do not you think that the formation of the so-called National Alliance is to cut the road in

front of «Iraq» to form the next government?

- He told me Mr. Ammar al-Hakim that the coalition is not the focus nor is it against one,

for this I hope that does not sing as the largest bloc and to the other, the fact that these

propositions confuse the citizen, because this is in the result is a frustration for the Iraqi

people, I had one of the ambassadors of European It is an ancient country with democratic

traditions, he said, «I did not know by this kind of democracy that are confiscated will of the

voter, and I told him that either the development of a new democracy or there is an error in

the understanding of the Constitution, I hope that is not the goal of the new alliance is an

attempt to cut the road to «Iraq» for the exercise of constitutional entitlement.

* But remarks by leaders of the alliance are declared they would form the largest bloc in

order to form the ministry, and some of their candidates for prime minister put the

Ministry's plans coming?

- Yes, of their right to form any alliance or bloc is the biggest right to overthrow the

government after its formation, they can withdraw confidence from the government after a

composed and we respect this right. I'm one of the first who stated on the last day of the

election and after the evening, I said: Despite what happened marginalization and exclusion

and eradication and the arrest and intimidation to members and supporters of our list, we

will respect the election results no matter whether it comes to our advantage or not, we did

not expect to get first place in the elections We would be the largest bloc. Yes, the right of

the brothers to form any alliance, but if they stick to be commissioning the first to form their

own government, it will create a node high in the Iraqi situation, and perhaps cruel, I think it

will meet the acceptance or favor in the situation in Iraq and, more importantly this and that

would be a very dangerous precedent in the democratic process and defined, and data for

Democratic Action, and this means that three people come tomorrow and say: This far and

near that, and this would mean a return to the policy of axes and the marginalization of

others, and doing things is acceptable to some of the themes without other hubs. This will

be a major threat to the democratic path we have chosen an opposition and said that we want

to build a state of institutions and respect for the judiciary and its independence and to

respect the will of the Iraqi people who he deems appropriate through the ballot box, and the

insistence to go ahead otherwise it will cast scary for the future of democracy in Iraq.

Q: What is Dmanatkm success to form a government, there are not betting on Tovqkm in

this subject after you to spend months in attempts?

- This is permissible, but this does not mean that we are denied our opportunity and our

rights constitutional does not mean to take away the right «Iraq» in this form, and we if we

fail in forming the government for specific reasons For others to explain to us those reasons,

otherwise we will have the right not to participate in the government or be against them if

robbed us the democratic right, and if was the cause of non-participation of this or that party

in the government that Sncklha Personal or spelling, while that we would not have rush real

to cooperate with others in the future, and turn the matter to the bidding, for this we are keen

on the exercise of constitutional right and to conduct dialogues with other parties to form a

balanced government and strong. Of the right of others to withdraw confidence from the

government after its formation, and also the right not to participate in the government, it is

our right to know the reasons, if someone said, presumably, he does not want Iyad Allawi,

we say: Well there are other parties in the «Iraq» Not Allawi, there Rafie al-Issawi, Tarek

al-Hashemi, Hussein al-Shaalan, Mohammed Allawi and many others, but then to explain

the reason for not dealing with Allawi because I personally did not nominate myself to a

specific post but the list and its leaders is the nomination of the prime minister the next. We

are talking about principle; is that «Iraq» won with 91 seats, and therefore they have the

right to form a government, and if there is no objection to Allawi is our right to know the

reasons, if satisfied that the list will nominate someone else, Faqaimtna a large number of

leaders and national figures is keen on Iraq's future and the Iraqis, Vaerakip in which 91

deputies and every one of them has the right to run for office, and we are not only our

national accounts, do not distinguish between a Shiite and a Sunni and a Christian, and

between Arab and non-Arab. We do not think that the Prime Minister must be Sunni or

Shia or the President of the Parliament as well, these accounts are far from us, we want to

take the Iraqi by his competence and maturity.

Do you think that there are no objections to Allawi for personal reasons?

- I think that the case against me personally, and where the personalization, while that say

we do not accept Allawi as prime minister for the following reasons, I'm not holding on to

only the right «Iraq», and say to your newspaper, precious: I'd democratic event, we are able

to nominate more than one person, according to decision by the leadership insisted on the

menu that my candidacy.

* There had been attempts to break up «Iraq»?

- We are surprised by the results obtained in relation to the severity of which we were

subjected to root out the dozens, to remove the scores, the tools of government to pass

rumors and intimidation against us, and there are others surprised by the results, but

negative, and we are robbed of our votes in the Middle Euphrates, including Alexander and

berries a leader of the uprising in 1991 and cited 18 of the members of his family, then we

heard talk of a strange time that «Iraq» List of Sunni and once a Baathist, who is Baathist, I

struggled against the regime since the seventies and suffered dozens of assassination

attempts, and Sheikh Hussein al-Shaalan of the leaders of the intifada, and the brother-

Hashimi is the Vice President of the Republic and brother, Rafie al-Issawi Deputy Prime

Minister. Of at least this list, the Sunni or Shiite sectarian proceed from, and we did not

think when we sit together is Shiite and who is Sunni or Christian, and proud that our list

reflected on the situation in Iraq, and attempts to talk about the surprise break up the list.

Q: How do you explain the election of the year for Shiite like Allawi to lead Iraq?

- There are two incidents remind them with a difference, In the revolution of the twenty-

Thar Shiites in the Middle Euphrates to the British and then went delegation of them to the

Hijaz to ask the prince to be king of Iraq, known as the King Faisal the First, a Sunni, and

today, with the difference, I would say that this year Thaloua nationalist sentiment and

elected Shiite leadership of Iraq because of his national, this evidence of the rise year on

sectarianism to the National, this is evidence that people are tired of political sectarianism in

all its forms, and proved that those who called them - falsely - that they are terrorists, they

are patriots and want to participate an Iraq far from splitting and sectarianism, and these

manifestations should be encouraged and strengthened away from sectarianism. Now the

Constitution and the new Iraqi regime says that there was no point will remain forever in

power, every four years the people choose who should lead them.

Q: Do you Joppetm in Hawwaratkm Baaataradhm with other blocks on the political agenda?

- When we sit face to face do not hear any objections, but always say we are with you, but

outside that we hear in the media for the largest bloc and that the Sunni list.

* There are those who say that the sentence should not come out of the hands of Shiites?

- In reference to our game with a decent heard a good speech and the reference Ayatollah

Sistani stands at a distance from everyone and has no objection on one. This talk by talking

about the provision, however, the Shiites and must remain so, is incompatible with

democracy and the will of the Iraqi people, we lost when we withdrew in the previous

elections. If we say that this is becoming a Sunni or Kurd, what becomes of this, it means

the abolition of equality and the abolition of democracy.

* Who did you hear about the closest to you?

- Everyone speaking the same words, but we were surprised by the recent alliance says that

the formation of the cabinet is our right and no right to a winner, and this is not true.

* What if Ahramtm to form a government, you Scharcn in the political process?

- They say we do not accept the Prime Minister of «Iraq» This marginalization, and

tomorrow they say We do not accept any minister of the «Iraq», and so, when it starts

marginalization, this will continue, why should not be Allawi as prime minister, and why

they accepted us in the opposition , or prime minister in the first government and

unanimously Is Allawi came from Mars? I struggled for Iraq and Iraqis, and we are exposed

to assassination attempts, we have definite information and intelligence from trying to court,

all of this for Iraq. We are against the marginalization, if we accept the marginalization of

our right to form a government will be marginalized in any one of the «Iraq» will Emenhoha

anything. Let me tell you, I swear to God I did not want to run for parliament and want to

stay politically grief from my position in the political process, but the insistence of the

brothers from political leaders, tribal leaders and government officials and meet them, I

stood for Parliament, They chose me as Chairman of the list and when she won the list was

nominated as prime minister not to interfere in this, and I thank them for that trust, we have

seen how the Iraqis celebrated a few days in Baghdad and the south and center when she

won our list and have not stopped the celebrations in the street, which houses the

headquarters of the list.

Q: Why is much talk about the internationalization of the Iraqi elections, when you have

made visits to Arab countries?

- Iraqi issue internationalized since the nineties, we are advocates out of Iraq from Chapter

VII, I personally get deep relationships with our brothers the Arab leaders, Iraq must not

abandon the depth of Arab, why accuse the internationalization of the Iraq issue when we

visited some Arab countries did not accuse others when they visited the same States, but that

there are people in Iran.

* You visited Saudi Arabia, have you noticed any Saudi intervention in Iraqi affairs?

- At all, both, the brother of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, is keen on Iraq and

the Iraqi people, standing at the same distance from all Iraqi forces, has received the brother

of President Jalal Talabani, presented the most important Necklace Saudi Arabia, as well as

brother Massoud Barzani, Kurdistan's president, Brother Ammar al-Hakim, He also met

with Sadr's brothers Saudis, Saudi Arabia, Arab countries are important and we are linked

with historical ties. Our Arab brothers do not interfere in Iraqi affairs, they are against the

intervention of any other authority in the Iraqi situation. Obscene language, have been

raised against me because of my relations with the Arab leaders, for example, was told I

took 13 billion dollars from Saudi Arabia, how? And where he hid a large sum like this?

Did I type that sits with the King and ask him sums of money? Perhaps these are requested

funds from the Arab leaders, and they could, if I'm not. I am proud to belong Arabism.

* You will have your meeting with Maliki politically?

- Certainly is not to know-you meeting, and not to meet in person, even if I met him as well

as down, but a political meeting, which is a useful step to melt the ice.

Q: Is there an Iranian red line you?

- This topic does not interest me, whether there is a red line from Iran or not, I care about,

and this letter to the Iranians, we do not harbor any evil to the Iranian We will not allow Iraq

to be expressive of any aggression on Iran, and we want to build beneficial relationships for

the benefit of the two peoples, and we against Iranian interference in the Iraqi issue, and

against the Iraqi intervention Iranian issue, and we must respect the sovereignty of both

countries and the closure of files between the two countries and play Iraq role in closing the

files between Iran and the Arab countries, and this same message reported by the Syrian

leadership and the Turkish and country, and more of this reveal to you that I said I ready to

meet with the Iranians in any Arab country and the presence of Iraqi and Arab, or in Turkey,

in the presence of Iraqi and Arab to talk about all the sticking points. I do not care to put on

the red lines or not, but what concerns me is that no one interferes in Iraqi affairs and this is

the red line for us.

http://translate.goo...3n-FFMWzTbiNhAA

• Upvote 1

Fantastic post... thank you Traconesu02!!!

As I read this post I think many of us are drawn to Allawi versus Maliki simply because he is so much more eloquent, political saavy, and simply exudes confidence and definiteness of purpose. The guy is fearless and immovable for sure.