Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is Donald Trump a 2016 Manchurian candidate?

The Republican presidential hopeful’s views are getting more and more extreme. Perhaps, as Salman Rushdie suggested, there’s more going on than meets the eye

Friday 11 December 2015 13.04 GMT

By  Peter Bradshaw

As Donald Trump’s behaviour becomes more and more outrageous, and his popularity with Republicans more and more worrying, the time has come for us all to listen to Salman Rushdie. The

was laughed off when he mentioned it a couple of months ago on TV. But he could be right.

Rushdie says that Trump is a Manchurian candidate, a “sleeper” secretly working for Hillarious Clinton to divide, demoralise and destroy the Republicans. The Manchurian Candidate is, of course, the classic 60s thriller with Laurence Harvey and Frank Sinatra, about a brainwashing plot to install a US president in the pay of the Communist Chinese.

Trump was a Democratic supporter throughout the Bush Jr years, on cordial terms with Bill Clinton. The Rushdie theory holds up well: after all, if Trump were working for Clinton, could he possibly do a better job on her behalf?

But wait. It might be that Trump is working for someone else. After all, his extreme views are just the grotesque exaggerations of vaguer, more moderate positions hinted at by other Republican contenders. He might yet abandon his candidacy and then endorse, say, Jeb Bush, who will have all of Trump’s followers but will be embraced as a reassuringly respectable and moderate alternative to Trump, the crazily coiffed demagogue from Manchuria.

Mind-reading mockery

Yet again, I find that my 11-year-old has introduced me to an online game that has become an obsession. It wasn’t that long ago he showed me Action Movie, a free app for creating extraordinarily high-quality digital stunt effects with your smartphone video camera, like crashing planes in your back garden. I played with that for weeks.

Now he has drawn my attention to a new app: Akinator, a cartoon figure in genie-of-the-lamp clothing. The Akinator solemnly challenges you to think of any person, real or fictional, and then has a 20-questions-type ritual in which he will guess that person – with you clicking “Yes”, “No” or “Don’t Know”. He’s stunningly, eerily accurate.

Inexorably, I started neglecting my various domestic chores as I challenged the Akinator to guess the person I was thinking of. Within a couple of dozen questions, he got Alan Turing. He got Claudia Winkleman. He got Yasujiro Ozu. The Akinator now seems to be mocking me from my iPad with his enigmatic half-smile … reading my mind. Try it.

Humbling? It’s anything but!

This year’s Turner prize has been won by an architecture-design collective for their work on houses earmarked for demolition in Liverpool. They sound brilliant and I love their name: Assemble, which I like to think is inspired by the Avengers. But there was one thing they said at their moment of triumph that is a strange, persistent tic with prizewinners everywhere: “It’s been completely humbling.”

Everyone says this, and they may well feel humble, and I’m quite prepared to believe that Assemble have absolute humility in their approach to art, life and everything. But let’s face it, winning a colossal prize is not “humbling”. Losing is humbling. Or being nominated for a prize, allowing yourself to fantasise about winning and then … not winning. That’s humbling.

But getting prize money and acclaim is basically the opposite of humbling, and it’s only long after the euphoric ceremony that Kiplingesque wisdom about those two impostors, triumph and disaster, starts to sink in. Meanwhile, Assemble have something to be proud of.

4199.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
1 3
‘If Trump were working for Clinton, could he possibly do a better job on her behalf?’
Photograph: Julie Jacobson/AP

1062.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
2 3
‘I started neglecting my various domestic chores as I challenged the Akinator. He correctly guessed Claudia Winkleman.’
Photograph: MCPIX/REX Shutterstock

5760.jpg?w=700&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10
3 3
A full-size, wooden mock-up of one of the houses in Granby, Liverpool, Assemble have been refurbishing with local people.
Photograph: Murdo Macleod for the Guardian

• Upvote 1

What ARE a person's motivations and direction they are driven?! As my signature quote says, "Perspective is reality, then there is the truth!" Then the next part of the quote is our human Responsibility, 100%, bar none. But it is surely less than 1% who are Accountable to that!!

• Upvote 1

Come on man that can’t be the best you N.W.O. virus zombies can come up with.

I would  have thought by now you would have come up with proof -you know the computer generated clip showing Clinton and Trump sealing the deal.

Isn’t it amazing one man has caused so much fear in the invincible N.W.O.?

The smell of fear coming from the Democratic Party and the Rino’s is so strong that a Right Guard factory working 24/ 7 can’t hide.

First the liberal media pundits made fun of Trump and anyone who supported him.

Then the liberal political pundits came out and declared that they feared for the Republican Party’s survival if Trump is the nominee.

Then both sides began bringing out people stating that Trump cannot win we were just being entertained by him for a summer romance but we would soon snap back to reality.

None of their strategies have worked so now for the first time in their lives they calling on someone they don’t even like

They are yelling OMG how can we stop this man.

They have called for someone to kill Trump because they don’t have the guts to do it themselves.

Now they are calling for the death of Trump supporters . 

A board member of the American Civil Liberties Union's chapter in Colorado said on his Facebook page all Donald Trump supporters ought to be shot before they can cast their ballots for the front-runner candidate.

Loring Wirbel, who also serves as co-chair of the ACLU's Colorado Springs chapter, first compared Trump to Joseph Goebbels, the German politico who served as the minister of propaganda – and as one of Adolf Hitler's key henchmen – during the Nazi reign. He then called for the killing or injuring by gunfire of Trump supporters.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND's Email News Alerts!

"The thing is," he wrote on Facebook, as reported by the Daily Caller, "we have to really reach out to those who might consider voting for Trump and say, 'This is Goebbels. This is the final solution. If you are voting for him I will have to shoot you before election day.'"

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/12/kill-trump-chorus-takes-sinister-new-twist/#clZCwCsT4Lmro3sx.99

Help destroy the N.W.O. and make America great again support Trump

No Surrender No Retreat and  No Compromise    

• Upvote 2