Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Lion and the Lamb

ronscarpa

The Lion and the Lamb

Our WORD For Tuesday, 1 September 2015

“Behold, my servant whom I have chosen, my beloved with whom my soul is well pleased. I will put my Spirit upon him, and he will proclaim justice to the Gentiles. He will not quarrel or cry aloud, nor will anyone hear his voice in the streets; a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory; and in his name the Gentiles will hope.” (Matthew 12:18–21, quoting Isaiah 42

The Father’s very soul exults with joy over the servant-like meekness and compassion of his Son.

When a reed is bent and about to break, the Servant will tenderly hold it upright until it heals. When a wick is smoldering and has scarcely any heat left, the Servant will not pinch it off, but cup his hand and blow gently until it burns again.

Thus the Father cries, “Behold, my Servant in whom my soul delights!” The worth and beauty of the Son come not just from his majesty, nor just from his meekness, but from the way these mingle in perfect proportion.

When the angel cries out in Revelation 5:2, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and break its seals?” the answer comes back, “Weep not; look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals” (Rev 5:5).

God loves the strength of the Lion of Judah. This is why he is worthy in God’s eyes to open the scrolls of history and unfold the last days.

But the picture is not complete. How did the Lion conquer? The next verse describes his appearance: “And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders, I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain.” Jesus is worthy of the Father’s delight not only as the Lion of Judah, but also as the slain Lamb.

John Piper

• Upvote 3

Well we are slain all the day long that we may become more than conquerors.

He that findeth life shall lose it, and he that loses his life for my sake the same shall find life eternal.

Bravo Bravo my brother, this is a message the Lord revealed to me last week while praying. To try and grasp the majesty of God and the humility of God all in the same thought.

Majesty must always follow after humility. Thus our Savior came humble meek and lowly of spirit a lamb to be slain for the sins of the world.

For it is in humility death was conquered. But the glory and majesty of God that the devil shall lose and be cast into the bottomless pit on the great and notable day of the Lord.

For now we see through a glass darkly, but then we shall know as we are known and we shall see as we are seen.

In humility we shall live as Christ, but in majesty and glory we are after all in the end the Bride of Christ.

• Upvote 2

Thanks LGD, Moose & Nelg...(+1 each)...!  :twothumbs:  :salute: 

It reminds me of Revelation 5:6-14 ... When the Lamb is revealed, All heaven bows and worships...!  :twothumbs: 

6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the center of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 
7 He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne. 
8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. 
9 And they sang a new song: "You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. 
10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth." 
11 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. 
12 In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" 
13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: "To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" 
14 The four living creatures said, "Amen," and the elders fell down and worshiped.
Edited by ronscarpa
  • Upvote 1