Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Abadi: no KRG payments before full exports

SoGrateful

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he will not authorize budget payments to the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) until it begins meeting the full oil export targets mandated in the 2015 budget. In a briefing to political leaders, Abadi said money would be transferred to Erbil “only if Kurdistan meets the terms of the oil deal and exports 550,000 bpd,” said Aram Sheik Hassan, deputy speaker of Iraq's Parliament, in a press conference in Baghdad following the briefing.

http://www.iraqoilreport.com/beyond-the-headlines/abadi-no-krg-payments-full-exports-14123/

This doesn't ring true to me. Why would he suddenly take such a hard line with Barzani?

because he has to.  these dudes (talking about both sides) will take a mile if given an inch.  this is good for us because abadi is forcing EVERYBODY to abide by the LAW!  and law has been missing for a long time.  if the contract says it, then DO it.  

• Upvote 1

Alright, I can understand that. It still just seems ...antagonistic. I don't think Kurdistan has withheld and played games for years and years. That would be Baghdad.

I hope Barzani doesn't take offense is all. Maybe I read it out of context

---This was a comment made by a friend of mine

They have wanted a level of production that the Kurds have been telling them they don't even have the equipment built yet on; that has been a big point B has been making.

So...?

Edited by Deborah Layne

rest assured Deb that they all play the wonderful game of politics.  everybody positions themselves to come out a little bit better than when they went in.  the Kurds are no exception.  these people have been merchants by trade for centuries.  negotiations is what they do by the age of 2 LOL.  good thing for us is that they know what is at stake and this is why we continue reading that they are amicably working things out.  we have come a long ways from the days when they were walking out of meetings and refusing to return baghdad requiring the united states to intervene and repair the relationship.  we are seeing friendly negotiations between merchants.

• Upvote 1