Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Haitham al-Jubouri: conviction and acquittal Shabibi real test for the credibility of the government and the judiciary

yota691

%D9%87%D9%8A%D8%AB%D9%85-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8

BAGHDAD - ((eighth day))

Counting Finance Committee member Haitham al-Jubouri condemnation and acquit the former Iraqi Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi real test of the credibility of the government and the judiciary, which claims to non-politicization ".

Jubouri said in a press conference attended by the correspondent ((eighth day)) "Once again the Iraqi government to be in front of a great responsibility which is to achieve justice and the fight against corruption in the larger issue of corruption in Iraq, the acquittal of former central bank governor Sinan al-Shabibi by the judiciary.".

"There are a group of central bank staff numbering 36 people have been sentenced to one year imprisonment on charges of wasting public money," noting that they are "Hdroa public money under the guidance of Shabibi How jailed implemented and recover from prescribed and directed? ".

He said al-Jubouri, "was sentenced to Director General of money laundering department Khalid Cltag to two years imprisonment on charges of neglect of maintenance of public money," announcing the possession of "evidence that Khalid Cltag reported on banks and charges of smuggling and money laundering and purses Shabibi only marginalized on the books word seen."

He stressed that "the decision to acquit Shabibi a lot of question marks," expressing regret that "the Integrity Commission indicate that the documents acquitted Shabibi more evidence of his conviction."

And between al-Jubouri said, "There are 25 civil suit against the corruption of the files related to the tens of billions banks and fall of these charges and the files on these banks decision to acquit Shabibi."

He asked "if we were actually in a democratic country why article used to judge a person acquitted and excludes thousands of people in prison? Why not try them returned while trial Shabibi returned ?, The problem is that the same judge who sentenced condemn Shabibi has acquitted him, where was this when Judge condemns then goes back to the months after the acquittal for lack of evidence? Any judge who has ruled this in this way? ".

"The question is a real test of the credibility of the government and the judiciary, which claims to non-politicization and can not accountable any corrupt that it remained what it is," adding that "a green signal to the minister and the political will of theft and does Maizhae."

The head of the Parliamentary Integrity Committee Talal Zobaie announced yesterday that "the resumption of Baghdad Rusafa Court reinstated judgment in the case of the central bank from scratch, according to the law in the presence of the former Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi, who was released because the evidence of innocence was the strongest of the prosecution evidence.."

The Council of Ministers in the previous government sacked Central Bank Governor Sinan al-Shabibi in 10.18.2012 decided, after an investigation by a parliamentary committee about allegations of corruption within the bank. (AA)

I had to do some quick research on this guy Haitham Jabouri....but just as I suspected, he's a State of Law goon. Maliki of course hated Shabibi and ran him out of the country on false charges --and apparently is still trying to muddy the waters. I swear, I don't think there is not a day that goes by that I don't just have to shake my head at Maliki and his clowns.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

He's (I can't remember exactly which now) either Maliki's son in law or nephew.  He's the one who initially filed the charges against Shabs, claiming Shabs 'frauded' the auctions..this came about because Maliki asked him for Billions from the CBI and Shabs refused - they have to keep pursuing these charges in order to try to invalidate their thieving. They won't get anywhere..Mahmoud won't allow the decision to be reversed now - he's had his talking to from Jobouri and Allawi..lol. And with the Fed Court Act on the verge of being passed, he'll keep kissin' butt.  

• Upvote 1