Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq is #1

jonjon

How reliable is this ? I know it's widely known some of the places listed above are highly dangerous but it doesn't seem that report has  been prepared thoroughly enough. JMHO.

For one, Zimbabwe is listed at #12 and then #10....

I know things can change rapidly..... Zimbabwe used to be one of the safest countries I  visited ( went there a few tiimes).

Also the Dominican Republic  I recall as a rather safe place.....I had never heard so far that tourists got killed there.

Too bad if what's reported is true......I have a friend  who goes there (DR)  twice a year every year ...He says it's still safe.

Of course you'd better not look for trouble or you'll most likely find it. Int'l rule.

Again.. I'm aware things can change ( for the worse) rather quickly in some parts of the world... That's disheartening if true.

Edited by umbertino

Brazil is indeed pretty bad ( undeniably so) but still not impossible ( better hang around  with local friends ).. Been there twice ( Rio, Salvador, etc.),  went around a lot,  never had a problem... Luck, sure.. and some common sense I guess.

A female friend of mine toured the country ( big cities included) for 3 months alone  with  her backpack  using buses.. Never had a problem... Of course she knows how to get around. She's been a traveller for years.

Edited by umbertino

Iraq?  Nah, dangerous yes, but less so each day.   Your everyday murder, mugging, kidnapping and carjacking just doesn't occur all that often.

I'd think Haiti, Somalia and Mexico City; even though Mexico City is not a nation they had over 100,000 kidnappings last year.