Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

HCL Process - How Does it Work?

ametad

What is the process for passing the HCL? Can a single committee pass the law? Does it have to go through other bodies and get published in the Gazette? Do any or all of these events need to happen during the work week on Bagdad time? With Ramadan beginning soon will there be enough time to put the HCL in place and RV prior to Ramadan? If not are we looking at either 3 more months or 6 more months to stay on clean breaks in the fiscal calendar? Unfortunately after July 1st passed I am leaning towards Janurary 1st 2014, hopefully I am way off base.

So far in my opinion, I think that all parties in the HCL need to agree on a Final Draft. That Final Draft then goes to the Parliment to get passed into Law. That Law then goes to the Prime Minister of Iraq who signs the Law. From there the Law is Published in the Gazette where it becomes active when published.

What am I missing? Where are at in this process?

Scratching my head here .. . . B, the Bathh Party??.?.? And M, Maliki?.?.?.

I still don't know where we are.

Barzani and Malike supposedly agreed to the main points- subcomtees. are working out the final details.  Next up a Parliement vote.

Time will tell!

• Upvote 1