Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

hame55

Your welcome, you caught me on a good day!!  :peace:  I don't have very many of those these days as I am tired of the arguing I have read on here over the past 4 years!!

Carry on and PLAY NICE!!

Lol, I feel you on that! We can debate opinions ALL DAY but you really cannot debate facts.

could you please highlight the official  exchange rates for the swiss dinar prior to the invasion please .. i dont see it  and didnt se it when those people posted it either ..

explained ..lol

Can you please show us the RV?

How come no one has heard of this magical RV of the Swiss dinar....you would think these gurus would use that as a selling point. Hmmmmm

Waiting on your proof of an RV

• Upvote 1

i know you dont want to say all that matters is the market rates and official rates dont matter . then i refer you back to the kuwaiti dinar .. which means that if the market rates  are at 10 cents during the war .. even though the official rattes didnt change they rvd

see ya cant have it both ways like i told you a dozen times on this thread ..one rvd and the other didnt

process of elimination

i know you dont want to say all that matters is the market rates and official rates dont matter . then i refer you back to the kuwaiti dinar .. which means that if the market rates are at 10 cents during the war .. even though the official rattes didnt change they rvd

see ya cant have it both ways like i told you a dozen times on this thread ..one rvd and the other didnt

process of elimination

Oh just admit you have no PROOF of either of these things. You know it and so does everyone else. Show us proof Edited by Flatbush Zombies
  • Upvote 1

Maybe you should check some websites of the Kurdistan banks since they basically went their own way during that time Dontlop. So really they weren't even part of Iraq technically. Probably since Saddam was bombing them with nerve gas. Oh no.....sorry that doesn't fit your agenda to show a fantasy RV.

lets compare the two .. even though one currency was  not legal tender worth zero on its  official exchange rate .. what do ya say .. isnt this how we got onto this subject .. the comparison of the two means one rvd and one didnt ..

lets use the process of illimination .. we can put up both currencys and when one thing is struck  from one currency we can apply it to the other ..

does official exchange rates matter

does market value matter 

for starters ..

do legal tender matter ..

dose it matter  the official exchange rate when exchanging legal tender for legal tender

do currency exchanges exchange non legal tender for legal tender

so you are not prepared to back your claims  that im wrong .. no problem

no official exchange rates rates for the swiss dinar prior to the invasion it is

thanks

yes it had a market value just like the bit coin ..

but as demonstrated bythe kuwaiti dinar .. market values dont mean crap when it comes to  official exhange rates otherwise .. the kuwait dinar revaled  the day the troops kicked the iraqis out of  kuwait

so you are not prepared to back your claims  that im wrong .. no problem

no official exchange rates rates for the swiss dinar prior to the invasion it is

thanks

Back up your claims...we don't have to back up anything. We can't back up claims that don't exist. You need to show us proof. Since you can't back up your claims I guess we're wrong even though you are the one that started this nonsense rumor. No one else has heard of this event but you. How weird huh

As said before...keepm and rvplease both told you the history. You are choosing to ignore it...hmmm I wonder why

• Upvote 1

O.K. One more try:

Please note the last question and answer in this article. It is IMPORTANT

"

Iraq Currency Exchange

Starting on October 15th 2003 a new national currency known as the ‘new Iraqi dinar’ will begin to replace the existing currency, the ‘old dinar’, and the currency used in the North of Iraq, the ‘swiss dinar’.  The new Iraqi dinar will create a single unified currency that is used throughout all of Iraq and will also make money more convenient to use in people’s everyday lives.

The currency exchange will last from October 15th 2003 to January 15th 2004.  Currency can be exchanged at any time during this three month period.  Locations where money can be exchanged will include banks and other official locations, for example post offices, throughout Iraq.   No fees will be charged for exchanging currency.

The conversion rates for new Iraqi dinars will be as follows:

• one ‘old dinar’ will be exchanged for one new Iraqi dinar;
  • one unit of the ‘swiss’ dinar will be exchanged for 150 new Iraqi dinars.

Bank accounts and financial contracts in Swiss dinars will also be converted at the rate of 150 new Iraqi dinars for every one Swiss dinar.  Bank accounts and contracts in old Iraqi dinar will not change.

The new currency will have a larger number of denominations than the old currency, with 50, 250, 1000, 5000, 10000 and 25,000 dinar notes, making it more convenient to use.  The new notes will be of higher quality and durability than those currently in circulation and include many anti-fraud features that will provide important protection against counterfeiting.

How will the exchange occur?

(1)   People will come to banks with their currency

(2)   Currency will be counted and its equivalent value in new currency will be paid

(3)   Old currency will be promptly marked and will then be destroyed

(4)   Those with bank accounts will see their balances automatically converted.  Salaries will begin to be paid in the new dinar at the earliest available opportunity.

Currently everyone in Iraq carries a reminder of Saddam in their pockets – on the banknotes they’re using.  Shortly after October 15th the first batch of Saddam notes will go to the incinerator.  At close of business January 15th 2004 Saddam notes will no longer be legal tender.

Below are some answers to frequently asked questions:

What will the new currency look like?

The new Iraqi dinar will look similar to Iraq’s old national dinar (the ‘Swiss’ dinar), with some minor modifications

What will be the rate that is used to convert old currency into new currency?

People who hold one old Iraqi dinar will receive one new Iraqi dinar.  People who have one ‘Swiss’ dinar will receive 150 new Iraqi dinars.

Why were these rates selected?

These rates will help to equalize prices throughout all of Iraq – helping to ensure that the prices of goods will be roughly the same across the whole country.  Key Iraqis, including officials at the Iraqi Central Bank as well as leaders of the autonomous regions in northern Iraq, were consulted on this issue and fully supported this decision.

How will the new currency differ from the existing currency?

The new currency will have a total of six denominations, will be much better protected against counterfeiting, and will last much longer because it will be of higher quality.

Will people need to exchange their currency immediately?

No.  Currency can be exchanged at any time up until January 15th

Will the old Iraqi dinar and the Swiss dinar continue to be valid until January 15th?

Yes.  All existing currency will be completely valid until Janaury 15.

Will salaries be paid in new dinars?

Yes.  After the exchange has begun, salaries will begin to be paid in new Iraqi dinars.

How will people be able to identify counterfeit currency?

As the exchange approaches additional details will be provided about how to identify counterfeit notes. 

Staff at currency exchange sites will also be well trained on how to detect counterfeit Iraqi dinars

Counterfeit old Iraqi dinars will not be accepted at the exchange sites.  Those presenting counterfeit notes will not be arrested or charged with a crime, but their money will not be exchanged.

Currency exchange sites will visibly mark old dinars upon their exchange for new ones so that they cannot be stolen and re-exchanged later.  Once the old currency is marked it will no longer be valid currency.

Will the new currency be convertible into other currencies?

Yes.  The new currency will be convertible into other currencies at the market exchange rate that prevails at that time.

Can dollars also be exchanged for new Iraqi dinars?  What will be the conversion rate for dollars?

Dollars will not be converted directly into new dinars during the official exchange.  Following the exchange, dollars will be convertible directly into new dinars at the market exchange rate. New dinars will also be convertible into dollars as well as other currencies at the market exchange rate.

Will it be possible to exchange currency outside of Iraq?

No.  The only official currency exchange locations will be located within Iraq.

http://www.iraqcoalition.org/budget/IraqCurrencyExchange.html

thanks rvtoday

Why were these rates selected?

These rates will help to equalize prices throughout all of Iraq – helping to ensure that the prices of goods will be roughly the same across the whole country. Key Iraqis, including officials at the Iraqi Central Bank as well as leaders of the autonomous regions in northern Iraq, were consulted on this issue and fully supported this decision.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/144066-my-take/page-42#ixzz2PLr7ztiV

why  was the official exchange rate selected ..

i guess they would not be able to use any official exchange rates since they were zero  for the swiss dinar so they just selected one  from zero to 150 bremmers  for one swiss dinar

it was selected by decree  after the invasion .. what was the official exchange rates  in 2002 for the iraqi swiss dinar ?   and what were they after the  official exchange rate was given to the swiss dinar in 2003?

if we could just get those two official exchange rates  in 2002 and 2003 we could determin if there was a rv in the official exchange rate of the swiss dinar

im positive the official exchange rate in 2002 was zero and in 2003 it was 150 new bremmers for one swiss dinar

you proved it rvtoday with your post that says the swiss dinar was demonetized prior to the invasion

and we know all that matters is the official exchange rates by the central bank as demonstrated with the kuwaiti dinar

They were not zero. They were actually worth more in the Northern part of Iraq because they were not inflated like the Saddam dinar.

I've posted the rates before 2003. The rate for the Swiss dinar had varied, but was at 250:1  before the CPA used a price parity determination to set the rate for exchange at 150:1. 

dontlop, you are straining at gnats. It was not at zero. The Swiss dinar was being used and had value. I've also demonstrated that there was no huge RV. I've become bored with your nonsense.

Oooops.......more proof that you are wrong Dontlop. Funny how you insist that a widely used currency RVed just because Saddam didn't recognize it. That makes about as much sense as the current Dinar RVing by 100,000%. Of course that won't stop your crusade to misinform though.

dontlop, you are straining at gnats. It was not at zero. The Swiss dinar was being used and had value. I've also demonstrated that there was no huge RV. I've become bored with your nonsense.

RVPleaseToday, on 01 Apr 2013 - 17:19, said:snapback.png

who posted this

Once more, here is the real history.

"the swiss dinar overnight revalued from zero to 150 times the saddam dinar"

That is not accurate. The Swiss dinar appreciated because the Kurds continued to use it after the Gulf war while the Iraqi government declared that the Swiss dinar was no longer legal tender and switched to the Saddam dinars. But Saddam printed up so many of his dinar that it's value dropped to almost nothing. The result was that the northern part of Iraq avoided the inflation that took down the value of the Saddam dinar. The Saddam to Swiss dinar remained at 100:1 from 1998 to 2002, but eventually reached 300:1 before falling to 250:1. The CPA ultimately pegged the currency at 150 Saddam dinars per Swiss dinar, altered the Swiss plates to the Saddam denominations, and the exchange ensued.

you posted that

we have to stay inside the box of law here

A fixed, or pegged, rate is a rate the government (central bank) sets and maintains as the official exchange rate.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/144066-my-take/page-42#ixzz2PLydTUBi

so your insisting the market rates are what determins a countrys official exchange rate

we know there was no official exchange rate for the swiss dinar  since the govt and cbi sets  official exchange rates ,, and the  iraq govt    demonetized the swiss dinar making it no longer legal tender

Edited by dontlop

I'm done with you, dontlop.

ok thanks for your help proving the swiss dinar rvd .. i appreciate your input .. it helps my  speculations in this dinar  knowing that huge rvs are possible again thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hahahaha.....all of this started when I asked Dontlop to show just one RV in history. Since he was unable to, he went ahead and made one up. He then commenced to wasting 5 pages insisting he is right when anyone with half a brain can see he is full of it.

ok thanks for your help proving the swiss dinar rvd .. i appreciate your input .. it helps my  speculations in this dinar  knowing that huge rvs are possible again thanks

Wrong again. No rv has ever happened like that and you have failed to prove it. Now you're just looking desperate

Hahahaha.....all of this started when I asked Dontlop to show just one RV in history. Since he was unable to, he went ahead and made one up. He then commenced to wasting 5 pages insisting he is right when anyone with half a brain can see he is full of it.

I know. He's gotta keep the misinformation going. He has proved nothing and can't prove it. His attempts are getting worse.

• Upvote 2

sure it rvd

no doubt ..

everything is written in stone ... theres no way to skirt the legalities here

iraq is no different .

so when others speculate and those nay sayers  quote all the legalities and declare all the legalities as to why the iraqi dinar cannot rv ... i can always show them that thats just a technical difficulty and point to the rv of the swiss dinar  . and they too can learn about skirting the legalities ..

yes the swiss dinar revalued from zero official  rate to 150 bremmers to one non legal tender demonetized  swiss dinar which had zero official exchange rate before the exchange

yall sure did help by avoiding the terminology ";official rate"; during this entire debate .. you cannot deny the truth .. therefore you cannot  use the words  ";official exchange rates";  when  defending your positions ..thanks again

see yall defending the kuwaiti  exchange rates by saying the official rates of their  kuwaiti dinar never changed  means you cannot use the official rates to defend yourselves  on the swiss dinars rv ..since the oficial exchange rates for the swiss dinar was zero  as per the govt of iraq .. 

• Upvote 1

This one is my favorite.

we have to stay inside the box of law here

A fixed, or pegged, rate is a rate the government (central bank) sets and maintains as the official exchange rate.

Lol....that after insisting the Iraqi dinar is at a pretend mystery fake rate? You are funny.

.. you cannot deny the truth ..

You got that right. The truth is you have lost the argument.

So please show where the CBI RVed the Swiss Dinar from 0 to 150? Please.....you cannot so you are wrong and have lost the argument.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1