Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

OCrush Update - Post From P.Dinar

ronscarpa

03/10/2013- OCrush Update - Post From P.Dinar

OCRUSH MARCH 10TH

Hello All,

I had a wonderful discussion with my cousin.  I was concerned a little with the Kurds but my cousin said not to.  He told me there region is booming.  Despite the media telling us they have big problems with Turkey it's not true.  

Yes, Turkey is bombing the Pkk but the Kurdish govt. is mum. The kurds still need to be part of Iraq.  They cannot seperate...period.  Maybe in 10 years but not now.  The Kurds will cry to no end but that is there way.  

We spoke quite a bit more about the kurd provinces and I didnt feel I needed to share this because it was casual talk...until I read this article from the Miami Herald.  Everything I discussed with my cousin is in this article (except the guessing of the RV;),  Steve and Ray have better contacts on that end:)   

All is Great!!   CHEERS ALL:)) 

The article referred to & in the link above:

10 years after US invasion, Kurds look to the West  

300-x8wC9.St.55.jpeg

In this Monday, Feb. 18, 2013 photo, traffic drives past the Divan Hotel, one of Irbil, Iraq's new luxury hotels, background right, in the capital of Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region. The number of cars registered in the province of Irbil jumped from 4,000 in 2003 to half a million in 2013 and the number of hotels from a handful to 234, said provincial governor Nawzad Mawlood. Karin Laub / AP Photo

Image 1 of 9
BY KARIN LAUB ASSOCIATED PRESS

IRBIL, Iraq -- At an elite private school in Iraq's autonomous Kurdish region, children learn Turkish and English before Arabic. University students dream of jobs in Europe, not Baghdad. And a local entrepreneur says he doesn't like doing business elsewhere because areas outside Kurdish control are too unstable.

In the decade since U.S.-led forces invaded Iraq, Kurds have trained their sights toward Turkey and the West, at the expense of ties with the still largely dysfunctional rest of the country.

Aided by an oil-fueled economic boom, Kurds have consolidated their autonomy, increased their leverage against the central government in Baghdad and are pursuing an independent foreign policy often at odds with that of Iraq.

Kurdish leaders say they want to remain part of Iraq for now, but increasingly acrimonious disputes with Baghdad over oil and territory might just push them toward separation.

"This is not a holy marriage that has to remain together," Falah Bakir, the top foreign policy official in the Kurdistan Regional Government, said of the Kurdish region's link to Iraq.

A direct oil export pipeline to Turkey, which officials here say could be built by next year, would lay the economic base for independence. For now, the Kurds can't survive without Baghdad; their region is eligible for 17 percent of the national budget of more than $100 billion, overwhelmingly funded by oil exports controlled by the central government.

Since the war, the Kurds mostly benefited from being part of Iraq. At U.S. prodding, majority Shiites made major concessions in the 2005 constitution, recognizing

Kurdish autonomy and allowing the Kurds to keep their own security force when other militias were dismantled. Shiites also accepted a Kurd as president of predominantly Arab Iraq.

Still, for younger Kurds, who never experienced direct rule by Baghdad, cutting ties cannot come soon enough.

More than half the region's 5.3 million people were born after 1991, when a Western-enforced no-fly zone made Kurdish self-rule possible for the first time by shielding the region against Saddam Hussein. In the preceding years, Saddam's forces had destroyed most Kurdish villages, killing tens of thousands and displacing many more.

Students at Irbil's private Cihan University say they feel Kurdish, not Iraqi, and that Iraq's widespread corruption, sectarian violence and political deadlock are holding their region back.

"I want to see an independent Kurdistan, and I don't want to be part of Iraq," said Bilend Azad, 20, an architectural engineering student walking with a group of friends along the landscaped campus. "Kurdistan is better than other parts of Iraq. If we stay with them, we will be bad like them, and we won't be free."

Kurds are among the main beneficiaries of the March 20, 2003 U.S.-led invasion that ousted Saddam, and sympathy for America still runs strong here.

Rebaz Zedbagi, a partner in the Senk Group, a road construction and real estate investment company with an annual turnover of $100 million, said his success would have been unthinkable without the war.

The 28-year-old said he won't do business in the rest of Iraq, citing bureaucracy and frequent attacks by insurgents, but said opportunities in the relatively stable Kurdish region are boundless.

"I believe Kurdistan is like a baby tiger," said Zedbagi, sipping a latte in a Western-style espresso bar in the Family Mall, Irbil's largest shopping center. "I believe it will be very powerful in the Middle East."

Associated Press writer Mohammed Jambaz in Irbil contributed.
  • Upvote 2

Really Ocrush???? You say the "Kurds will cry to no end"....really...???? Do you understand what they have endured as people being tortured and murdered.  Perhaps you should take al look at this before you open your big mouth about Barzani or any other of the Kurds party members speaking up on what they want as fair share.

Ocursh you make me sick. These people endured their own verion of the Holocaust. Educate youself before you open your loud greek mouth and make yourself look like a jack arse. Go peddle your pumping elsewhere.

http://civilliberty.about.com/od/internationalhumanrights/p/saddam_hussein.htm

Ethnic Cleansing:

The two dominant ethnicities of Iraq have traditionally been Arabs in south and central Iraq, and Kurds in the north and northeast, particularly along the Iranian border. Hussein long viewed ethnic Kurds as a long-term threat to Iraq's survival, and the oppression and extermination of the Kurds was one of his administration's highest priorities.

he Barzani Clan Abductions of 1983:

Masoud Barzani led the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), an ethnic Kurdish revolutionary group fighting Baathist oppression. After Barzani cast his lot with the Iranians in the Iran-Iraq War, Hussein had some 8,000 members of Barzani's clan, including hundreds of women and children, abducted. It is assumed that most were slaughtered; thousands have been discovered in mass graves in southern Iraq.

The al-Anfal Campaign:
The worst human rights abuses of Hussein's tenure took place during the genocidal al-Anfal Campaign (1986-1989), in which Hussein's administration called for the extermination of every living thing--human or animal--in certain regions of the Kurdish north. All told, some 182,000 people--men, women, and children--were slaughtered, many through use of chemical weapons. The Halabja poison gas massacre of 1988 alone killed over 5,000 people. Hussein later blamed the attacks on the Iranians, and the Reagan administration, which supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq War, helped promote this cover story.

Nothing against you Ron...I just hate this arse and his pumping BS.
Edited by Goldiegirl
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Hello --"Reaching For The Stars"

I do believe that the KURDS have had so many injustices done and when someone says "Kurds will cry to no end" that comment should be iqnored---the Kurds have shown many times over they will no longer be bullied by anyone or sect--what has happened is that the Kurds are so much smarter then all the others that when needed and appropreate they will also use ther oppositions own tactics against anyone--but not until they have bargained and cut the sharpest deal that can be gotten at that time!

I also believe that they would never cut away from Iraq, too many negitives to have to overcome ,far better to outshine the rest of the country then just pull out---don't believe for a minute all they have done has not been noticed by the rest of the population and that is where the true change begins!

where is spell check located , please anyone

just my opinion