Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The magnificent obsession

I thought perhaps I should add a kind of update to my earlier post here and share a few things that many of you probably have experienced to some degree. I hope you have not.

I have been diligently following this dinar thing now for better than 8 years. Every single day in Iraq, on every r&r home, and every single day since. I has become an addictive obsession. The belief in it became so powerful a drug, that I neglected most all other things...my job, my wife, my kids and grandkids, my friends...everything. And what has that gotten me? They are now all gone. My wife, the kids, the grandkids, and many opportunities for happiness I have let slide away from me while waiting for this r/v.

So, even though I do believe in it and wanted and want so I could enrich the lives of those closest to me, I ultimately abandoned them in favor of waiting for something totally illusive.

Many of us here have fallen prey to the same things and based our whole futures on the possibility of wealth...and the supposed happiness and joy it would bring. I can tell you now that that magnificent obsession is not worth the cost, because I will ultimately "enjoy" it without them.

No, it is not a pipe-dream or something, but what I am saying to you is that while we wait, life goes on. We can bring joy and happiness to many people WITHOUT the benefits of a massive revaluation of Iraqi currency...IF WE ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN!! It is a mistake of Biblical proportions to base our existence on something completely speculative and neglect the tangible things around us. I am not particularly religious and do not mean to bring that subject to the table here, but I am reminded of a scripture my Mother used to hit me with all the time growing up, and it aplies to this posting: " For what shall a man profit is he gains the whole world and loses his soul?" Might not be verbatim quotation, but you get my point I am sure.

Don't get so wrapped up in this thing that you forget those around you that love you, need you in their lives and depend on you like I did. You'll find out the hard way that some things are just not worth the price.

• Upvote 2

silas dont be so hard on yourself .. ive gone thru simular things  before the dinar ever existed in my life .working every day  . working overtime . day after day .. in my mind i thought what i was doing was the right thng , then ya stop and look and no one is there .. ya say oops . and go from there . nothing you can do but put one foot in front of the other and see where it takes ya  ..life is an expierence we all live through many different trials and tribs . i wouldnt trade my life for anyone elses..i do what i do and thats all i can do ..  if i dont call my reletives ...they dont call me .. then when i see them they act like im the one who never calls ..lol .i just play along with them .. they got faults too . we all do .

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the advice... but with all due respect, even if "obsessed", how does one let something like this affect his daily life to the detrimental level you suggest?   I'm not attempting to be insensitive, but as a simple speculation... how does "throwing down a bet" rule your daily existense... unless you're "gambling" every day???   I mean, it's not like going to the track, picking horses...  You bought some currency!   What could possibly be the daily debilitating behavior that stifled you?   Were you simply online all day, every day searching and waiting... or was it something more?

It is not for any of us to judge you, and I am so sorry for your losses... but also happy for your personal enlightenment.   I am just trying to understand such behavior... and, fortunately, I don't believe it is common among us.

But... I am glad you are still around Silas.   Continue with your dreams... :)

• Upvote 1