Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD is not an Internationally Tradeable Currency. Why?

There is no debt to "call in" so to speak like there might be for a loan that had a clause where the lender could force full payment all at once. China owns Treasure Bonds (the same ones anyone can buy). They hold about $1.2T dollars worth (8% of our debt, i.e. the total of our outstanding bonds). Treasuries are negotiable instruments, things that have a market and can be sold. But if you do so you lose money since they sell at a discount to the amount you would get if you hold to maturity. So this would be very bad for China as well as the US, so neither side wants it to happen and thus it will not.

Thanks for the clarification.. that "makescents"!!! smile.gif I was just going by what I was told, that China had bought Billions of Dollars of our debt.. obviously you can't believe everything you hear these days!!! blink.gif Thanks makescents!!! wink.gif

The dinar is backed by and pegged to dollars, so it would make no sense for a country to hold dinars as part of their reserves instead of dollars. Currencies used for reserves must float.

About 60% of global currency reserves are still in dollars, 25% in Euros (link)

I'm not sure what folks mean by statements like this (e.g. "go live to the world with it", or "go international" etc). There will only be a demand for dinars and hence a global market in them when you can buy a significant amount of something in dinars. That may happen eventually, but it will be due to significant economic growth of exports other than oil, not due to some declaration from the GOI or CBI or IMF etc.

LET'S GO AT IT ANOTHER WAY...........................................

Whether some of my excerpts were taken out of context, and/or misconstrued, simply look at the below 2 articles to find out who "SEEMINGLY" is in control of the Iraqi Dinar...(FROM OTHER SOURCES)...the why, what, when, where and how may come later...so go figure...for what i's worth...

WHY?

US Treasury Department in Baghdad to discuss Iraqs budget

http://bit.ly/13MPrRN

ANOTHER WHY?

U.S. Federal Reserve controls the Iraqi foreign currency

http://alhayat.com/Details/470558

THERE IS PLENTY MORE WHERE THIS CAME FROM...SOME CANT FATHOM OR CATCH THE DRIFT OR JIST OF IT ALL.....

Thank you for posting, Keep. I actually learn from your posts. Sorry you have been bashed for your thoughts on this site. Some members can't think outside of the box and learn from the opinions of others. I'm always willing to consider both sides of the coin. Take care, Dude.

Its all good! I like to make people think and bring a different perspective. I have for quite some time looked at this and all the information as if i dont own any dinar so my thoughts are unbiased and judgement not clouded simply by something i want. Some dont like it but oh well lol....cant please everyone!

• Upvote 4

Its all good! I like to make people think and bring a different perspective. I have for quite some time looked at this and all the information as if i dont own any dinar so my thoughts are unbiased and judgement not clouded simply by something i want. Some dont like it but oh well lol....cant please everyone!

I don't think that the members realize that Iraq operates with USD. What incentive would the Iraqi's have to revalue their currency when they have plenty of USD to trade with?

All everyone can do is wait to see what happens as per the finality of it all!...Then we can see who is right or wrong...Whether myself or anyone else...Until then...we can hope for the best...but, as per KNOWING what is behind this, at least to the best of our knowledge...some will be right and some will be wrong, but I think most are on here because they believe something good will come of it or they would'nt be wasting their time posting anything, (besides the dumpers'..those trying to get people to sell their dinars back..as the spread is the same going both ways...and some of these guys play both roles and are really crafty at either position)....to put this in another perspective, it would be like being a fisherman and going out and buying needlecrafting magazines...that one cared nothing about, and then studying and worrying over something you hated...Note: I'm in this till it's over, whether I'm considered smart or stupid, and aint budging!...For what it's worth....