Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

KRG starts paying January salaries for some ministries

yota691

KRG starts paying January salaries for some ministries

Wednesday, 16 January 2013 21:36 | | |

news_6002.jpg

Baghdad (AIN) –The Ministry of Finance in Kurdistan Regional Government announced paying January salaries for employees of the Ministries of Peshmerga, Health and Education before other ministries.

The official spokesperson of the Ministry of Finance in KRG, Dlear Tariq, reported in press statement ''The salaries for some ministries were delayed due to lack of bank notes in the banks, but this problem is solved and it shall not be repeated once again.''

''The Ministry of Finance will start paying the salaries, starting from this week, for the Ministry of Peshmerga, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Education before other ministries,'' the statement added.

The State budget of 2013 is still waiting for endorsement in the Parliament, where Kurdistan Region gets 17 % of the budget, butu it still demands to increase this percentage. \ End\ http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26751:krg-starts-paying-january-salaries&catid=37:economy&Itemid=41

• Upvote 2

GM yota, I have read some blogs and listened to some conference calls, that described the banks short on IQD, or bank notes, but this is the first time I have read it in the news. I'm wondering if the Kurdish banks are the only banks having this problem?The only reason they were able to pay the salaries was probably because they were forced to sell oil directly to Turkey. Now, if all the banks in Iraq are afflicted with this problem, because the 2013 Budget/money has not been release. The other provinces who have no other souce of income than the budget must be suffering tremendously. What happened to all the USD in the banks?

• Upvote 4

GM yota, I have read some blogs and listened to some conference calls, that described the banks short on IQD, or bank notes, but this is the first time I have read it in the news. I'm wondering if the Kurdish banks are the only banks having this problem?The only reason they were able to pay the salaries was probably because they were forced to sell oil directly to Turkey. Now, if all the banks in Iraq are afflicted with this problem, because the 2013 Budget/money has not been release. The other provinces who have no other souce of income than the budget must be suffering tremendously. What happened to all the USD in the banks?

GM Butifldrm here the article your talking about direct sales of oil to Turkey..KR resumes oil exporting to Turkey via trucks

Thursday, 17 January 2013 12:13 | | |

b_280_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_upload_89_215931_m.jpg

(AIN) -Informed Turkish source at the energy sector revealed that Kurdistan Region resumed its oil exports to Turkey by the trucks the thing that is objected by the Central Government which considers it as constitutional violation.

The source at the Taq Taq oil field said in a statement on Thursday that "The exportation of crude oil via trucks from KR to Turkey was resumed after short halt to improve the system of controlling the trucks."

"Trucks loading crude oil headed on last Wednesday towards the borders with Turkey," the source added.

The Kurdistan Regional Government has commissioned the Turkish Gill Energy Company to sell crude oil directly from Taq Taq oil field to Turkey, while Baghdad considers this procedure as illegal. /End/ http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26800:kr-resumes-oil-exporting-to-turkey-via-trucks-&catid=37:economy&Itemid=41

• Upvote 2

So,

If they had to sell their oil to Turkey for hard currency (Dollars) to pay the goverment salaries and they don't have any Dinar is this what the CBI wants so they can RV, RD or lop without have it cost them a lot?

Just a stupid question.