Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

KS City to Remove Cross from City Seal & Sign

krome2ez

Faith

KS City to Remove Christian Cross From City Seal & Sign

Following Atheists’ Legal Threats

Posted on November 29, 2012 at 8:58am by Billy Hallowell

Citizens in Buhler, Kansas, have a new city seal to look forward to — however, many are less-than-content over the situation surrounding the re-brand. Following the threat of a lawsuit from the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF), an atheist activist non-profit, officials are being forced to redesign the seal and replace a large sign that is currently posted in a local park.

The secular group maintains that both contain a Christian cross — an apparently illegal religious element that they say has no place in public venues. The inclusion of the cross has been a part of the design for the past 24 years, since the city last fine-tuned the image in 1988. However, the FFRF didn’t complain until a more recent image was posted in a city park just four months ago. It was this larger sign — one that made the cross even more prominent — that came to the attention of non-theist activists.

KSNW-TV has more:

In a letter dated Sept. 14, the atheist group, citing an unnamed resident, told officials that the cross violates the Establishment Claus of the Constitution. By default, the FFRF charged that Buhler is endorsing Christianity by allowing the crosses to have such a prominent place on both the seal and sign.

“The endorsement of religion in the Buhler seal is particularly egregious because the cross is prominently featured and used to symbolize the ‘Traditional Values’ portion of the town motto,” the organization’s letter read.

After consulting with legal experts, the city notified residents this past Friday of its decision to comply with the FFRF’s demands. In addition to opinions that seemed to back the ideals behind the atheist complaint, the city noted that it could end up with massive legal fees if officials allow the case to move forward — something that would strain already limited financial resources.

Mayor Daniel Friesen said that the sign is still up, but that decisions regarding a new design will come over the next few months, as the city attempts to comply with the legal opinions it has received. While he told Fox News’ Todd Starnes that Buhler is a “faith-based community,” the tough decision to comply with the FFRF’s demands was made.

seal.jpg

Photo Credit: Fox News’ Todd Starnes

“I think the people of Buhler are going to be just as frustrated at the Council and myself,” the mayor admitted. “But one of the reasons we’re trying to get this information out is so people can understand the decision we’re making here. We’re not making them lightly.”

Friesen also said that the city’s decision is not one that many, including himself, want to make. However, based on legalities and the constitution, he said that officials have made the right choice.

“The city of Buhler was founded by immigrants that came here to escape religious persecution,” he added. “The same constitution that brought them here also protects the view of people who may not agree with the values of this community. We have to be acceptant of that.”

According to KSNW-TV, new, faith-based signs will be posted on private land in response to the controversy. And the sign that is being removed will purportedly be relocated across the street from its current location, also on private land.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ks-town-to-remove-christian-cross-from-city-seal-sign-following-ffrf-legal-threats/

We all Know that the Main Reason all the children of Satan get away with this CRAP is because we let them!!!

Where are the Warriors for Christ; we all have bought into the concept that we are supposed to simple mindedly sit down and doing nothing! When are we going to Stand Up and fight for our Rights? We need to start Suing for our Rights as Americans to have the opposite Rights, Beliefs of Satans children! They get away with it because they know if they threaten to sue or actually do the government rather State or Fed. will give them what they want!

So, Christians with the funds should start acting like they believe that our Rights are just as important!!!

Right now and until the RV, I am poor as a church mouse; but when we the RV watch out Satan; I am going to FIGHT Back. Use some of my new wealthy to SUE for what I think are our Rights and back others that don't have that finacial ability!

Who is with me?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We all Know that the Main Reason all the children of Satan get away with this CRAP is because we let them!!!

Where are the Warriors for Christ; we all have bought into the concept that we are supposed to simple mindedly sit down and doing nothing! When are we going to Stand Up and fight for our Rights? We need to start Suing for our Rights as Americans to have the opposite Rights, Beliefs of Satans children! They get away with it because they know if they threaten to sue or actually do the government rather State or Fed. will give them what they want!

So, Christians with the funds should start acting like they believe that our Rights are just as important!!!

Right now and until the RV, I am poor as a church mouse; but when we the RV watch out Satan; I am going to FIGHT Back. Use some of my new wealthy to SUE for what I think are our Rights and back others that don't have that finacial ability!

Who is with me?

You are a Warrior for Christ where have you been?

Do you engage the enemy or do you shake your head and say if only I had money.

Heavy Duty posted a story not to long ago about a little girl with just a few penny's

If I remember correctly those few penny's and her love and a preacher with the fire of god

now operate a big school.

The point is God does not need your money

He needs your Love he needs your Faith he needs your Dedication he needs your Desire to right what is wrong He needs the fire in your Heart he needs YOU.

You bring these things to the table he will make the money available to you.

You have a key board and internet you have e-mail you have a phone You have a voice.

These are all tools you can use for your battle.

Do you belong to a church? Have you brought this issue before the church

Or do you allow one of Satan's greatest weapons (fear) stop you from standing up and voicing your desires.

I am ashamed to say that I have been silenced by fear before ( Do not allow this to happen to you. Living

with this failure is not something you will enjoy living with )

Read the story of Moses he had fear. But he also had all consuming faith look what god did through him

Moses was as poor as a church mouse but with faith and with God he freed Israel.

Jesus was poor as a church mouse but the the faith he had in his father allowed him to feed the multitude,Heal the sick and raise the dead. All because he had faith the size of a mustard seed.

Also

Poor church mice with faith in God started the church.

Poor church mice with faith in God wrote the Bible

Poor church mice with faith in God started one nation under God

Poor church mice with faith in God walked with Martin Luther King

Poor church mice with faith in God are the first there during times of disaster providing for others.

Where is Satan during all these events he is right there in your face preaching

Surrender,Retreat,Compromise and Fear

Fear of failure,fear of ridicule,fear of non acceptance,fear of inadequacy.

I will lift you and your cause up to the lord and we shall let his will be done.

I will also join you in your mission 100%

But lets not wait until we are rich to start. Riches may not come

Lets be poor church mice with faith the size of a mustard seed and we will GIT -R- DONE

No Surrender No Retreat and NO COMPROMISE

• Upvote 1

Krome2ez, thanks for bring this over to us. This is one issue that is not going away.

Sentinel7, I do have to agree wholeheartedly on what you've stated.

I think we should erect a cross on private properties. Let us Christians, be not afraid to show your love for Christ. Come out strong and win this battle.

Remember, when we Christians came out in full force, when the President of Chick-fil-A, Mr. Dan Cathy 91 years old, stood for the family unit. That was a

feeling that I will never forget, to see thousands of Christian's come out and support what we believe in. We need not step back from this, this is our

Religious Freedom, slowly we are about to loose it. Pass this on, do your part, make Our Lord Jesus Christ smile upon us and continue to send us blessings.

• Upvote 1

Krome2ez, thanks for bring this over to us. This is one issue that is not going away.

Sentinel7, I do have to agree wholeheartedly on what you've stated.

I think we should erect a cross on private properties. Let us Christians, be not afraid to show your love for Christ. Come out strong and win this battle.

Remember, when we Christians came out in full force, when the President of Chick-fil-A, Mr. Dan Cathy 91 years old, stood for the family unit. That was a

feeling that I will never forget, to see thousands of Christian's come out and support what we believe in. We need not step back from this, this is our

Religious Freedom, slowly we are about to loose it. Pass this on, do your part, make Our Lord Jesus Christ smile upon us and continue to send us blessings.

Amen

Private properties are fine.

However, the State, or city in this matter, have no business involving a cross in anything they do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Just another case in this new age where Minority rules rather then the majority

“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The forces of evil may remove the commandments from the wall, the cross from the roadside or the seal of the city, they may remove prayer from school or sports games or council halls or public forums, but no one can take it from the heart of the faithful believer.

Evil can demand the Christians "keep their mouth shut" and not speak out against its effort to destroy Christianity, not to get involved in actively propagating the gospel of Christ, but it will not be successful when the saint exercises faith.

The church can be challenged, persecuted, imprisoned, and slaughtered in the streets, but the faith, hope, and love will remain in the heart of the Christian.

The object and direction of aggressive atheists is to destroy your faith and mine by bringing us down to their level. If that happens the atheists will have won the battle but not the war.

If saints start using the same methods of name calling, threatening violence, voicing hatred of them and not their actions, they will win another battle.

BUT, if Christians live with faith and demonstrate love, proclaim the gospel of Christ, continue to study the word of God, pray for their salvation and the salvation of the world, and allow Christ to control our actions, then we will win the battle. We have already won the war through Christ. The "good fight of faith" is living Christ and preaching Christ no matter what happens. Saints, stay faithful to Christ. "Now the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God and the authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren has been thrown down, who accuses them before our God day and night. And they over came him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even to death."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Right where it belongs. Not on public properties.

Romans had lots of crosses on "public properties". In fact the public roads were lined with crosses . . . their execution process. To remove the cross from public properties today is an impossibility. There are Christians in every corner of the world and faithful saint holds the cross in their heart and should be sharing the message of Christ and what He accomplished through the cross: the believer's salvation from spiritual, physical, and eternal death. Sharing the message of the cross of Christ IS displaying the CROSS.