Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Voting for a Third Party Candidate Is NOT Wasting Our Vote

Bandit795

Appreciate the complement skitealwedrop. You would think that most voters would understand the process. I do think that the voting system needs to be changed, but I don't know what we put in its place.

Here is the process: When the American people vote, they are actually choosing people for something called the Electoral College. It is the Electoral College that actually chooses the president. Each state gets a number of electoral votes based on the state’s population. (Maryland has 10; Virginia gets 13 and Washington — which isn’t a state but still gets electors — has three.) That’s why states with a lot of electoral votes are important in the election. Also, in most states electoral votes are “winner take all” — so, for example, if Mitt Romney wins Florida by just one vote, he still gets all 29 of its electoral votes. There are 538 electoral votes up for grabs in Tuesday's election. Whichever candidate gets 270 of them becomes the president.

Thank you for the factual post as it pertains to our current election. I hope that your post will educate and bring knowledge to our members. Be well. Ski. :peace:

• Upvote 1

I haven't read all the posts on this thread so I may be repeating what has been mentioned, but let me say this---voting is a right. Men and women have died fighting for this (and all of our) rights that make this country so wonderful. As an American citizen, I have the right to vote or not to vote...and if I exercise that right to vote, I have the right (and honor and privilege) to cast that vote ANY WAY I CHOOSE. Whoever believes casting a vote for a third party candidate is a "waste" has no clue what the right of voting is all about.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I haven't read all the posts on this thread so I may be repeating what has been mentioned, but let me say this---voting is a right. Men and women have died fighting for this (and all of our) rights that make this country so wonderful. As an American citizen, I have the right to vote or not to vote...and if I exercise that right to vote, I have the right (and honor and privilege) to cast that vote ANY WAY I CHOOSE. Whoever believes casting a vote for a third party candidate is a "waste" has no clue what the right of voting is all about.

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif Thank You Very Much Kliklok

It is a PERSONAL DECISION that we all make using our own Conscious... no one will sway me/us from that.

Agree with you totally. It is a "right" and a privilege to vote, and to vote for whatever candidate you desire. But that's not the point. The point we are considering is does the vote for a third, fourth, or even a fifth party matter? Not if we have not changed the election procedure and that will take a load of work and effort. The right to change the process (but only if it is more accurate) is also the "right" of the populace. "No clue" is a little lame without the facts. Peace.

• Upvote 1

Agree with you totally. It is a "right" and a privilege to vote, and to vote for whatever candidate you desire. But that's not the point. The point we are considering is does the vote for a third, fourth, or even a fifth party matter? Not if we have not changed the election procedure and that will take a load of work and effort. The right to change the process (but only if it is more accurate) is also the "right" of the populace. "No clue" is a little lame without the facts. Peace.

I didn't take the time to read all the posts. More to your point about voting for 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. parties and do those votes matter. Short answer version: No, they don't matter. But with that said, if enough people voted for any party other than Democrats / Republicans, eventually I would think people who are inclined to run for office would see this trend and run their campaign accordingly. So I suppose the answer is "maybe" instead of "no." In our current political atmosphere it is a wasted vote---yet with time it may sway enough people to create change in our voting system. Time will tell I suppose. Peace back at ya...

• Upvote 1

Actually, I did. For the fifth straight Presidential election, I showed the two main parties that I don't approve of them.

You know, I hold people like you responsible for the mess this country is in, you're the ones that keep voting in the losers like the one we have now.

A vote for the two main parties is a vote for you children?

You haven't a clue.

If our country's Founding Fathers thought like you we'd still be ruled by the crown.

I hear Joe Schmucktelli is running in 2016...put me down...that'll show em !

• Upvote 2

Actually, I did. For the fifth straight Presidential election, I showed the two main parties that I don't approve of them.

You know, I hold people like you responsible for the mess this country is in, you're the ones that keep voting in the losers like the one we have now.

You showed them nothing. They don't even know you exist hahahahaa It`s called illusions of grandeur

A vote for the two main parties is a vote for you children?

You haven't a clue.

If our country's Founding Fathers thought like you we'd still be ruled by the crown.

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2