Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama's Schedule Today - less than 24 hours after the attack on our embassy in Libya

TexasGranny

Other than the meeting with the State Department which was probably already on the schedule, it appears that the death of a US Ambassador

and 3 other US citizens including 2 marines, is not sufficient cause to alter his campaign schedule to meet with his National Security people.

10:35 AM

The President delivers a statement

Rose Garden

Open Press

10:50 AM

The President visits the State Department

DC, State Department, Washington

Closed Press

2:05 PM

The President departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews

South Lawn

Open Press

2:20 PM

The President departs Joint Base Andrews en route Las Vegas, Nevada

Press Information

6:50 PM

The President arrives Las Vegas, Nevada

Local Event Time: 3:50 PM PDT

McCarran International Airport

Open Press

9:10 PM

The President delivers remarks at a campaign event

Local Event Time: 6:10 PM PDT

Cashman Center

Open to pre-credentialed media

10:25 PM

The President departs Las Vegas, Nevada en route Aurora, Colorado

Local Event Time: 7:25PM PDT

McCarran International Airport

Open Press

11:55 PM

The President arrives Aurora, Colorado

Local Event Time: 9:55PM MDT

Buckley Air Force Base

Open Press

Is anyone else curious as to why our Embassy in Libya had no military protection. Where were the Marines? Sending in 50 of them today

is a little late. In a country torn by strife and civil war, we depended on their fledgling government to protect our Embassy. Reports now

indicate that those that were supposed to protect us are the ones that allowed the death and carnage. Where is the outrage and why is the

media distracting from the real issue by going after Romney? Which embassy will be next - reports show protests in numerous countries.

One more thing - I don't care if you loved George W. Bush or hated him with a passion, I have no doubt that he would have been in

the Oval Office this morning at daybreak demanding all of his security and defense people tell him what the he!! happened and why they

had no advance knowledge.

Of course, when you kill everyone with drones instead of taking prisoners, you have very little chance of gathering real intel.....duh...... :rolleyes:

:twocents:

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

Great post Granny. I'd like to know the answers to those questions myself. You are definitely right, Bush would have blown a gasket and been all over this, as our president should be. An attack on our embassy is an attack on America, it really doesn't surprise me however that O doesn't give a rip. :angry:

Sorry I'm out of pluses again for the day already, we need to talk to Adam about upping the amount of +s we can give out per day! Great people, great articles, great site, keep up the good work! :D

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 6

I think those people need to learn to get a grip. This is horrible behavior, no matter how they felt about their miserable prophet being insulted. They are hateful and far too touchy if you ask me. We used to hear of them killing each other over there, but times have changed, and for the past few years, they have been coming after us. They have no clue how to live without constantly being ready to attack and kill, even each other. I'm so very sorry about the Americans who were killed in this uncontolled meleé. And I wonder--where were the Marines? Did Obama pull them off the job and bring them home?

Oops. I see that Granny had the same question. Sorry, Granny. Didn't mean to overlap you.

One should ask the questions why weren't there more than two two marines guarding the Embassy? And, why weren't the marines instructed to shoot to kill when the attackers stormed the premises? Also were there orders not to have live ammo in their weapons? You'll be surprised when the facts come out..., IF they come out!

• Upvote 2

One should ask the questions why weren't there more than two two marines guarding the Embassy? And, why weren't the marines instructed to shoot to kill when the attackers stormed the premises? Also were there orders not to have live ammo in their weapons? You'll be surprised when the facts come out..., IF they come out!

According to reports, the 2 marines that were killed were not there for security - they were "visiting" - whatever that means (perhaps they were with the Marines stationed at the actual Embassy in Tripoli). The facility in Benghazi was a US Consulate - not our Embassy - and the security was handled by the Libyan Gov . Also, reports indicate there was a tremendous breakdown in the forces that were supposed to be protecting our consulate.

Fox News

:(

According to reports, the 2 marines that were killed were not there for security - they were "visiting" - whatever that means (perhaps they were with the Marines stationed at the actual Embassy in Tripoli). The facility in Benghazi was a US Consulate - not our Embassy - and the security was handled by the Libyan Gov . Also, reports indicate there was a tremendous breakdown in the forces that were supposed to be protecting our consulate.

Fox News

:(

Consulates are still protected under the Foreign Service Immunities Act (updated 2010 see pg. 4 for definition). Consulate grounds ARE considered soverign. They should have had protection by OUR marines..., not by Libyan security forces, whatever they are! This "president was literally asleep at the wheel. While our Ambassador was being murdered obama was sleeping..., no one botherd to wake him up. Also, he did not have his daily security briefings for the last five days leading up to the attacks! The CIC WAS asleep at the wheel!

• Upvote 1