Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gun Owners of America Offering Real Solutions to Last Night’s Shootings

jonjon

Gun Owners of America Offering Real Solutions to Last Night’s Shootings

Washington, DC --(Ammoland.com)- Last night’s shooting in Aurora, Colorado was extremely tragic, as more than a dozen people were killed in another Gun Free Kill Zone.

At the opening showing of “The Dark Knight Rises,” James Holmes dressed up in costume and murdered several people while the movie was barely thirty minutes into the story. The gunman used a movie gunfight to cover his actions and further surprise the innocent patrons. Worse, the theater in Aurora reportedly has a “no guns” policy.

Despite gun control’s obvious failure, the calls for more restrictions have already begun:

Piers Morgan of CNN came out of the box, calling for more gun control in the wake of the shooting.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said the strategy of people arming themselves for self-defense just “doesn’t work.”

And the Brady Campaign took the opportunity to tell the nation that, “This is yet another horrific reminder that guns enable mass killings.”

Tragically, many were killed last night. But it is also tragic that there was not another gun-toting Samuel Williams at the theater — the senior who rescued several Floridians against two armed thugs at an Internet cafe last week. (You can read the story and watch the exciting video here.)

And of course, while the national media is sure to focus on this Aurora, Colorado shooting for days to come, there is another shooting in that same city that you probably heard nothing about — when a worshipper at an Aurora church stopped a shooting this past April.

In that shooting, the bad guy was only able to kill one person in the parking lot, as the armed hero took him out before any other damage could be done.

Funny how the national media tends NOT to pick up stories where the good guy stops the perp!

To keep this in perspective, whenever we hear about horrid shootings like the one last night in Aurora, Colorado, we should remember that guns save as many as 80 lives for every one that is tragically taken. See the Gun Owners of America Fact Sheet here.

Gun Owners of America is appearing on several media outlets today to answer questions about our gun rights and to offer concealed carry solutions as the cure to future acts of terrorism like this.

Also, you can call in to GOA Radio Live to discuss this event with our Talk Show host, Bill Frady, from 6:00-8:00 pm tonight. Call 703-776-9264 to be on the show. GOA’s Larry http://iqd.me/l/11 will be interviewed by Frady next week.

Please stand with us and help GOA continue defending our gun rights across the country.

Gun Owners of America

8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102

Springfield, VA 22151

Phone: 703-321-8585

FAX: 703-321-8408

www.gunowners.org

About:

Gun Owners of America (GOA) is a non-profit lobbying organization formed in 1975 to preserve and defend the Second Amendment rights of gun owners. GOA sees firearms ownership as a freedom issue. `The only no comprise gun lobby in Washington’ – Ron Paul

• Upvote 8

This happened an hour south of me, near Denver. My very first thought was if someone had been there with a CC permit, this idiot could have been taken down real fast. Gatoraces is exactly right....put the gun in the right hands of responsible gun owners, even if we all need to have a certificate that says..."I took the class". It will never stop a criminal from getting what they want. They want guns, they get guns and they use them. They want drugs, they get drugs and they will sell them to our children....we know there is no end to them getting what they want until the bad guys are stopped. I think we have a revolution of new responsible gun owners arising, and we just need to keep advocating for 1, our rights in the 2nd amendment, AND how to be responsible and safe about using them for protection. I think the NAGR, Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and USCCA are doing a great job here in Colorado of getting this message out. One of my favorite sayings comes from Ronald Reagan, where he said "The Governments first duty is to protect the citizens, not run their lives", They take away our right to bear arms and protect ourselfs, we might as well throw our Constitution out the window for good, our government spits on our Constitution and our Honor daily, I just think enough is enough!!

• Upvote 3

Summary of Colorado's Concealed Carry Law

How ironic that this is included

New Criminal Safezones

(no carry allowed except by criminals)

That is pretty rediculous huh, might as well just say what it looks like...ALL YOU CRIMINALS WITH GUNS....COME ON IN!!

Public elementary, middle, junior high or high school (p. 24)

Facilities with security personnel and electronic weapons screening devices permanently in place at every entrance (p. 24)

Facilities with security personnel electronically screening (such as handheld devices) (p. 24)

• Upvote 1

Jonjon, am I missing something or is that the law? :huh: and if so WTF?!

If you read his previous post, it links to the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners website and I believe it outlines restrictions on CC Permits...little ridiculous on the wording... And the fact that no one questioned it when the wording was finally approved

• Upvote 2

If you read his previous post, it links to the Rocky Mountain Gun Owners website and I believe it outlines restrictions on CC Permits...little ridiculous on the wording... And the fact that no one questioned it when the wording was finally approved

Thank you Cherysh

• Upvote 1

Jonjon, am I missing something or is that the law? :huh: and if so WTF?!

This summary of the Colorado Concealed Carry laws was furnished by Rocky Mountain Gun Owners Organization.

At the time of publishing they knew that anywhere a legally licensed citizen couldn't carry a firearm the criminals that did carry there were safe from being stopped by legal citizens. It is that way in every state.

The theater that the attack took place in was a guns not allowed zone.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

See the irony in this? The"gun control law" stating that no firearms allowed removed the opportunity for a responsible citizen to reduce the carnage. I know that not all folks will carry but all it would have taken is one. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and I for one am sick of seeing Holmes face on the TV.