Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Candy's lung biopsy

Candy01

Hello My Wonderful DV Family:

WHEW!! Am I glad that lung biopsy is finally over! It has hung over my head now for two whole weeks!

Everything went very smoothly. The radiologist who performed the biopsy said that the growth may not be in the left lung itself, but on something called the mediastinum. See the link below:

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mediastinum

The doctor said that the mass seemed firm and he could not get any aspiration out of it.

This radiologist is one of the best in our area in NE Wisconsin and has a complication rate of under 1%! He did say that he got two good samples for the pathologist and I will hear back on this next week.

Tuesday after my last CT scan I had really bad diarrhea from the CT contrast. That was miserable. It seems that my gut is still not back to normal. Also today I got a sedative in my IV and they put an oxygen mask on me the last part of the procedure.

I didn't feel much pain, just a few pinches when they put a needle in my chest for local anesthetic.

I can't thank you wonderful friends enough for your love, prayers and support!!

Candy

;)

• Upvote 3

God Bless you Candy, I have had cancer of one kind or another for the last 8 years. They finally found a chemo that would work and I am doing fine now. I know how scary it is to wait for the answer from the biopsy. My prayers are with you and yours. Should the results be cancer - don't be fearful. They are doing wonderful things now and have a strong variety of treatments. Much love!

• Upvote 1

Candy,

Fantastic news ! I hope your biopsies come back clear.

The only advice I could give anyone going through this situation is to stay away from the internet research until you have all the facts from your Oncologist ( I hope you agree).

I feel your relief, get ready for the rest of your life.....this will 'change' it for the better. It's almost like the sitiuation when you look back at your life and say " If only I could go back in time, but know what I know now !" get ready to really enjoy your life.

So pleased for you.

Pilchard X

• Upvote 1

I am glad the procedure went well and that you have such skilled people involved... May God be with you during your wait for results and whatever treatment there after... I agree with the above poster about internet diagnosing, for your peace of mind it's best to leave webmd alone right now... Love and prayers coming your way, Renee