Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron Paul skeletons in closet

ayrnay22

Well seeing as lately its been a Ron Paul love fest in off topic forum I thought I'd share a little info Ron Paul's Skeleton Closet: Scandals, Quotes, and Character

By far the oldest candidate in the race at 75, Ron Paul is suddenly a top contender. He has a lot of younger supporters, mostly because he favors legalizing pot, and adopts the sort of extreme intellectual positions that have also drawn college age kids to "pure" philosophies like Communism and Ayn Rand's Positivism for generations. You know, "clean" uncompromising positions that get rid of all those messy human feelings and complexities.

Ron Paul loves to brag about being a straight-talker who doesn't change his positions. He says he would have voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act (on property rights grounds, not to defend racism natch.) He wants to legalize all drugs, including heroin, withdraw all US troops from other countries immediately, end government flood control efforts and return to the gold standard.

And speaking as someone who has been researching candidate scandals for many years now, he's pretty darn squeaky clean. Sorry to disappoint you haters, but (like Obama) Ron Paul shows no sign of screwing around on his wife (unlike Newt or Bill Clinton), or doing favors for special interests who then put money in his pocket (unlike Newt or Rick Santorum). That's admirable. He's also one of the few politicians who did not evade the draft (unlike Gingrich and Romney. Santorum and Obama were too young to be drafted, and did not volunteer.)

But Congressman Paul does has a paranoid, fringey side that he does NOT like to admit. Paul has written and spoken a lot about hidden conspiracies of bankers, diplomats, the Trilateral Commission, secret plans to merge the US with Mexico and Canada, etc. (He calls it the North American Union.) If that sounds like the kind of stuff that John Birchers and right-wing militia racists say, well, he's very popular in that crowd too. (Read the Stormfront and other neo-Nazi websites if you dare, and you'll see.)

Ever since he began running for Congress again in 1996, Ron Paul has tried to downplay or deny responsibility for some incredibly racist newsletters he sold to that conspiracy crowd. But it's hard for him to deny responsibility for a publication called "The Ron Paul Survival Report", edited by Ron Paul, when it says stuff like "When I was in Congress....." He had no problem cashing the checks certainly. And if it wasn't paranoid militia conspiracy, why was it called the Survival Report?

The sad truth is that Ron Paul is a consummate politician. He's just better at tailoring his message to his different audiences than, say, Mitt Romney, whose adjustments are painfully obvious. Ron Paul is the cool grandpa pothead to college kids, the prophet of racial fear to neo-Nazis, an opponent of public schools to Christian home-schoolers, and a crusader against the coming One World Government to the anti-flouride conspiracy crowd. And each group thinks he's their own, special warrior.

Quotes

"I think it's a theory, the theory of evolution and I don't accept it as a theory." - Ron Paul, CBS-TV, 2007

"illegal immigrants enter the country for the express purpose of giving birth. But illegal immigrants also use emergency rooms, public roads, and public schools. In many cases they are able to obtain Medicaid, food stamps, public housing, and even unemployment benefits. ... We must end the perverse incentives that encourage immigrants to come here illegally, including the anchor baby incentive." - Ron Paul, (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

"You know, the greatest hoax I think that has been around in many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on the environment and global warming. You notice they don't call it global warming anymore. It's weather control." - Ron Paul, on Fox

"The public school now is a propaganda machine. They start with our kids even in kindergarten, teaching them about family values, sexual education, gun rights, environmentalism, and they condition them to believe in so much that is totally un-American.” - Ron Paul, to Christian home-schoolers, March 2011

"The ultimate goal is not simply a superhighway, but an integrated North American Union--complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy, and virtually borderless travel within the Union. Like the European Union, a North American Union would represent another step toward the abolition of national sovereignty altogether." - Ron Paul, 2006 (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

"Critics of NAFTA and CAFTA warned at the time that the agreements were actually a move toward ... an eventual merging of North America into a border-free area. Proponents of these agreements dismissed this as preposterous and conspiratorial. Now we see that the criticisms appear to be justified." - Ron Paul, 2006 (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

"This new [uN Peackeeping] commission will create the beginning of a global UN army. It will claim the right to intervene in any conflict anywhere on the globe, bringing the World Bank and the IMF formally into the picture as well. It is a complete new world order..." Ron Paul, 2006 (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

-- Quote Sources

Racist Newsletter

Starting in 1984, Ron Paul published a series of related newsletters, called the Ron Paul Political Report, Ron Paul Freedom Report, Ron Paul Survival Report, etc. He had over 100,000 subscribers at one point and is said to have made over a million dollars a year. (Subscriptions cost $100 a year for a magazine usually 8 pages long.)

Over nearly 20 years, the newsletters published a bunch of hateful and inflammatory racist, anti-*** and conspiratorial columns. You can read 50 of the originals on this website. Warning -- it's pretty raw stuff.

One article said Martin Luther King Jr. “seduced underage girls and boys” and “replaced the evil of forced segregation with the evil of forced integration.” Another offers this strategy against "urban youth":

"If you have to use a gun on a youth, you should leave the scene immediately, disposing of the wiped off gun as soon as possible. Such a gun cannot, of course, be registered to you, but one bought privately (through the classifieds, for example).”

Speaking of AIDS, one article said homosexuals “enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick,” and another said “I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities.” -- A June, 1990 article

In 2001, as Paul moved to the mainstream and rejoined the Republican party, he disavowed these comments and blamed them on an unnamed ghostwriter. He said he didn't know about them until ten years later -- a statement easily proved false -- and that he had lied in 1996 when he didn't say he didn't write them.

You see, when Paul ran for Congress in 1996, as a Libertarian, his opponent brought these newsletters up to show that Paul had fringe ideas. At that time, they were still being published, and Paul didn't deny writing them. He said that the inflammatory quotes his opponent gave were taken out of context, and that his commentaries about blacks came in the context of "current events and statistical reports of the time." (You can check the context of the inflammatory quotes yourself on the link above, but they look pretty representative to me.)

In fact, Dr. Paul defended some of these racist statements in an interview with the Dallas Morning News in 1996. One newsletter said that young Black men are "unbelievably fleet of foot." Dr. Paul confirmed this opinion by telling the newspaper "If you try to catch someone that has stolen a purse from you, there is no chance to catch them." Another article in the newsletter (from 1992, just 4 years before this controversy first erupted) said:

"Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

When the Dallas reporter asked Ron Paul about that quote, he said "These aren't my figures. That is the assumption you can gather from" the report.

Paul and his supporters claim that he moved to Texas, the newsletters stayed in Washington, and he was too busy to even look at the 8 page newsletter that earned him a million dollars a years. (So much for Texas straight talk.) We have direct evidence that he's lying. Renae Hathaway, Paul's former secretary who still supports him, says that Paul was a very hands-on owner of the newsletters: "He always got to see the final product. He would proof it." (Another longtimeemployee, Eric Rittberg, confirms that he saw Ron Paul proofing, editing and signing off on the newsletters.) Hathaway said the newsletter company had an office in Houston and another one in Clute, very near Paul's house, and that he came to Houston -- 50 miles from his home -- at least weekly.

Ed Crane, the longtime head of the Cato Institute, recalls meeting Paul in the 1980s and discussing mail solicitation lists for the newsletters. Paul agreed that “people who have extreme views” responded best, and said he got his best response from the mailing list for the conspiratorial, anti-Semitic newspaper "The Spotlight." Rittberg says that Paul put the racist material in the newsletters simply to make money -- "the real big money came from some of that racially tinged stuff -- and it seems to have worked very well.

The President manages millions of people. Even if you take Ron Paul at his word, he couldn't manage a staff of 10 without them suddenly printing extreme racist progaganda FOR TEN YEARS. I just don't believe him, but if you do, he's a piss-poor manager. More likely he happily trafficked in the racist material to make money. And it worked. In 1984, Paul reported dept of up to $765,000; by 1995, most of the debt was gone and his net worth was up to $3.3 million. The question remains, does he believe any of this stuff himself?

The thing is, Ron Paul has published a lot of similar (but milder) material since then, and much of it is still on his congressional website, under his name. (Read any of his "Texas Straight Talk" columns from 2005 or 2006, and you'll see what I mean.) He rails against "anchor babies," warns of conspiracies to impose a "North American United Nations," complains about secret cartels of international bankers -- all big parts of the racist right-wing's world-view. (See quotes, above.) So far he hasn't claimed that someone else wrote these "Texas Straight Talk" columns, but I haven't seen any reporters ask him about them, either.

But there's plenty more. Ron Paul defenders claim Martin Luther King Jr. is a hero of his, but Paul voted against the Martin Luther King Day holiday -- both times - and it fell 5 votes short the first time. (It passed the second time despite his opposition.)

He said on MSNBC that the Civil War was not necessary, and gave a rave review to a pro-Confederacy revisionist book called "The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History" by Thomas E. Woods. Ron Paul said Wood's book "heroically rescues real history from the politically correct memory hole.” Woods, who founded the secessionist group "League of the South," and Ron Paul both teach at the Ludwig Van Mises Institute in Alabama, which was founded by Lew Rockwell -- Ron Paul's former chief of staff. In fact, many Paul supporters claim Lew Rockwell wrote the racist newsletter columns under Ron Paul's name, but Rockwell denies that.

The fact is, Ron Paul has said a lot of things similar to (but milder than) the shocking newsletter quotes, things he does not dispute. In 2007, Dr. Paul republished his 1987 book "Freedom Under Siege" which has a lot of choice passages, such as calling the AIDS sufferer "a victim of his own lifestyle [who] victimizes innocent citizens by forcing them to pay for his care"; saying sexual harassment victims bear some responsibility because they didn't quit their jobs; and complaining that whites would be called bigots if they formed a white caucus in Congress, but minority caucuses are OK.

Ron Paul is firmly enmeshed in the right-wing, conspiracy subculture. He has appeared on the Alex Jones radio show 40 times over 12 years, and given extensive interviews to the John Birch Society newsletter. So whether or not he wrote any one particularly nasty racist sentence of a given issue, he is behind all of it. He has been living in that world for years, building connections with the people in it, spreading its ideas, and making money off of doing so. It's cowardly of him to deny it all now.

-- Sources

Sources

Quote Sources -- Back

evolution - Updated:Ron Paul Doesn’t “Accept Evolution as a Theory” by Jon Winsor, Discover Magazine, August 29, 2011

climate change -- Ron Paul Interview`, by David Asman, Fox Business Channel, November 4, 2009

home school - "Trio of presidential contenders woo evangelicals over home schooling," by Shannon Travis, CNN, March 23, 2011

college loans - Ron Paul on MSNBC, Cenk Uygur interview, March 3, 2011

NAFTA superhighway - "The NAFTA Super Highway," by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, October 31, 2006

North American Union conspiracy - "A North American United Nations?" by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, August 28, 2006

Anchor babies - Rethinking Birthright Citizenship, by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, October 2, 2006

UN New World Order - NeoCon Global Government, by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, June 13, 2005

Racist Newsletter Sources -- Back

Game Over: Scans of Over than 50 Ron Paul Newsletters, Et Tu Mr. Destructo (blog), December 21, 2011 (this source has actual scans of many of the newsletters.)

Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say, By Jerry Markon and Alice Crites, Washington Post, January 27

1996 Ron Paul interview - Candidate's comments on blacks questioned, by Catalina Camia, Dallas Morning News, May 22, 1996

Angry White Man: The Bigoted Past of Ron Paul by James Kirchick, The New Republic, January 8, 2008

"A Collection of Ron Paul’s Most Incendiary Newsletters", The New Republic, December 23, 2011

More Selections From Ron Paul’s Newsletters, The New Republic, January 17, 2012

Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk (archive), on his Congressional Web site.

"In Book, Ron Paul Opposed Workplace Harassment Protections," by Pema Levy, Talking Points Memo, December 30, 2011

MLK Day Fact Check, by Ta-Nehisi Coates, The Atlantic, January 8, 2012

"Congress > Roll Call Votes > 98th Congress >House Vote #289 (Aug 2, 1983)" (Martin Luther King Day holiday), GovTrack.US website

"Congress > Roll Call Votes > 98th Congress >House Vote #578 (November 13, 1979)" (Martin Luther King Day holiday), GovTrack.US website

Ron Paul and the racist newsletters (Fact Checker biography), by Josh Hicks, The Washington Post, 12/27/2011

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8

There's two sides to every story and I see not many replies when Ron Paul isn't shed in a good light I know some Paul lovers read this thread but no response typical

Cause we won't be your monkeys, the Ron Paul is bad rhetoric is quite old and pretty dumb logically speaking. Yes, Yes, he's clearly racist when he speaks about how unfair our judicial system is towards blacks and how it all needs to change...you're free to be brainwashed, it's your decision.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

There's two sides to every story and I see not many replies when Ron Paul isn't shed in a good light I know some Paul lovers read this thread but no response typical

We are not born in this world perfect. However, he has disendowed those letters and no one has accepted his truth. Now as far as the other candidates, his so called skeletons are a far cry from that of Obama, Romney, Gingrich and Santorum. See you can bash the best candidate all you want, everyone has flaws and are not proud of things in their past. I accept what he has said about his past, however he has proven that he does not believe the way of his past. So why not be proud of being a straight talker, he does not talk in circles, he does not lie knowingly, he does not beat around the bush, so i guess that is what you want in a candidate is everything but a straight talker? Conspiracy Theories, what are you even trying to say? Check your historical facts about conspiracy theories, most large conspiracies have come true. Once again a lame stream media talking point. Public schools are a propaganda machine, and i am sorry for the parents that send their child that they love so much to a government institution to shape their mind. Take some responsibility of your creation and stop pawning it off on someone else. Weather manipulation, research HAARP.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I was going to debunk the links, but you summed it up well...MSM "programming" at it's best.

arnay22....watch this and debunk it..(you won't since you still believe in Darwins idiotic theory and Global Warming...ect.)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lSI4MciSwnk

I'm glad you brought up Darwin... he was one of them....and people praise him. They have no idea of reality. Also, we all grew up being taught how great Thomas Edison was...um if he was so great, why are we using Nicholas Tesla's AC electricity and not Edison's DC... they suppress the heroes and prop up their disinfo people.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I was going to debunk the links, but you summed it up well...MSM "programming" at it's best.

arnay22....watch this and debunk it..(you won't since you still believe in Darwins idiotic theory, Global Warming...ect.)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=lSI4MciSwnk

Actually the post was from a site skeletons in there closets I'm not brainwashed Hugh and yes everyone has past regrets but lord says he wants to open our minds etc I'm entitled to believe what I want and as far as I'm concerned I'm ready for whatever happens fema camps world realignment etc I read half of the dribble on this site I can use a search engine just like you guys but if all u post is the same stuff u lose peoples interest I will vote for change romney or Paul but romney will get the gop nom so I know its a puppet system but that won't be changing anytime soon call me close minded or that my head is in the sand if u must but that just shows your own self indulgence in something u believe to be true just like religion I chose not to waste the time I have in this world praying to a higher power or believing in conspiracies but that doesn't mean I'm less intelligent or not awakened

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Actually the post was from a site skeletons in there closets I'm not brainwashed Hugh and yes everyone has past regrets but lord says he wants to open our minds etc I'm entitled to believe what I want and as far as I'm concerned I'm ready for whatever happens fema camps world realignment etc I read half of the dribble on this site I can use a search engine just like you guys but if all u post is the same stuff u lose peoples interest I will vote for change romney or Paul but romney will get the gop nom so I know its a puppet system but that won't be changing anytime soon call me close minded or that my head is in the sand if u must but that just shows your own self indulgence in something u believe to be true just like religion I chose not to waste the time I have in this world praying to a higher power or believing in conspiracies but that doesn't mean I'm less intelligent or not awakened

Sounds to me like you just don't care... that's fine, but some of us do care, millions of people have died unjustly, and this cannot be allowed to continue.

Lord I don't believe in global warming in my opinion weather is cyclical and since people don't want to realize that were just a blip in the earths life cycle then they say we cause it but if u look at regional high and low temps over just a hundred years u can see the cycles think of it like math or alchemy earth is always going to balance itself out we burn fuels pollute the air etc yes there will be a warming trend and loss of resources but it will be followed by a cooling trend and resources I believe will replenish not in our lifetime maybe not for tens of thousands of years but coal and oil we use now came from somewhere millions of years ago so who's to say in a million years our fossils won't be used for fuel

Sounds to me like you just don't care... that's fine, but some of us do care, millions of people have died unjustly, and this cannot be allowed to continue.

I care I'd be the first one not to buy fuel for a day or week etc to cripple the economy but its just not possible to get a large enough following to make an impact that's the sad truth I'm hopefully optimistic in everything I read but in my day to day life I guess I'm just cynical yes I'm a walking oxymoron maybe its my dual personality being a gemini

Well 2 negs was less than I thought I gave myself a plus don't want my rep goin in the toilet for making observations

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lord I don't believe in global warming in my opinion weather is cyclical and since people don't want to realize that were just a blip in the earths life cycle then they say we cause it but if u look at regional high and low temps over just a hundred years u can see the cycles think of it like math or alchemy earth is always going to balance itself out we burn fuels pollute the air etc yes there will be a warming trend and loss of resources but it will be followed by a cooling trend and resources I believe will replenish not in our lifetime maybe not for tens of thousands of years but coal and oil we use now came from somewhere millions of years ago so who's to say in a million years our fossils won't be used for fuel

I care I'd be the first one not to buy fuel for a day or week etc to cripple the economy but its just not possible to get a large enough following to make an impact that's the sad truth I'm hopefully optimistic in everything I read but in my day to day life I guess I'm just cynical yes I'm a walking oxymoron maybe its my dual personality being a gemini

Well 2 negs was less than I thought I gave myself a plus don't want my rep goin in the toilet for making observations

That's because you've been conditioned to believe your just one man, with no influence, no power... but reality is, you have no idea of how powerful you can be. Even by you just speaking openly about taboo subjects and waking people up can go a long way... there has been a mass awakening over the last 4 years like no other time in recorded history...there's a lot more people awake then you think making changes as we speak...and those people are in Government/Finance/Religious every sector... there is going to be a massive worldwide cleanup of scum... not because these people are self righteous super heroes... it's because they realize we either evolve now, or most of us are going to die, and these people when push comes to shove, don't want to leave a dead planet to their kids.

• Upvote 2

Thanks for bringing that in Arynay22

I had only researched Ron's past briefly, but, with this kind of record

he's in big trouble should he become the candidate.

He will be smeared unmercifully by the Lib media, should he

ever be in a position to gain the nomination.

Ron cant just pander to the far right, Like O'blah is courting the far left

He's got to gain middle America......I dont see that as even remotely a

possibility now :blink:

Just so everyone knows, I agree with most of what Ron

has said in the past......but, I couldnt run for office with a

record like that either :D

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for bringing that in Arynay22

I had only researched Ron's past briefly, but, with this kind of record

he's in big trouble should he become the candidate.

He will be smeared unmercifully by the Lib media, should he

ever be in a position to gain the nomination.

Ron cant just pander to the far right, Like O'blah is courting the far left

He's got to gain middle America......I dont see that as even remotely a

possibility now :blink:

Just so everyone knows, I agree with most of what Ron

has said in the past......but, I couldnt run for office with a

record like that either :D

If he had a bad record do you think he would of made it this far? You don't think the mainstream media would do everything they possibly could do ruin him? Sha mon man...you're living in a state of pure denial if you think all the sudden people are going to go back to sleep.. Ron Paul started the mass awakening, and there is no going back, only forward. Our numbers increase daily, while the sheep dwindle...this is very good news for humanity.

• Upvote 2

If he had a bad record do you think he would of made it this far? You don't think the mainstream media would do everything they possibly could do ruin him? Sha mon man...you're living in a state of pure denial if you think all the sudden people are going to go back to sleep.. Ron Paul started the mass awakening, and there is no going back, only forward. Our numbers increase daily, while the sheep dwindle...this is very good news for humanity.

Are you saying all that Arynay22 brought is untrue? <_<

Ron is a House Republican from Texas. I would think that

was as easy to get elected to as Pelosi being elected to

represent San Fran. :rolleyes:

Running for Pres. is a different matter

I see what you are saying, and you are on the right track, Global Warming is just another false flag to get countries to "pay" there share of carbon taxes...and you are also right in the fact that not enough people will stop buying fuel, even at one certain Gas Company..not yet anyway.

We need to keep waking the masses and the numbers will eventually give us the upper hand, which is the way it is supposed to be.

We will be successful, and they will fall as we no longer need their system...but then again, they no longer need us.

This is a race...and we need to win it. Not for us..but for the future generations.

Once our race learns we are all one, then the world is ours. We have everything we need...90% of crap is manufactured for no purpose,

but to please the materialistic minions....time has come to enjoy what this planet has to offer. Screw this system...peace and love is all we need.

The only thing I disagree you with on is the "they don't need us"... they have all the money in the world, they print it... what do they truly live for? Control. They need to control us. Even with wiping out 90% of the world like they planned, they were still going to leave 10% of people because without the control, and the feeding of their ego... they can't live... they don't know what it's like to love, they have no idea because they are unloved.

Are you saying all that Arynay22 brought is untrue? <_<

Ron is a House Republican from Texas. I would think that

was as easy to get elected to as Pelosi being elected to

represent San Fran. :rolleyes:

Running for Pres. is a different matter

Who shall you vote for when the system goes from the lesser of two evils to the greater of two goods? Because it's coming... Romney will be exposed shortly...it's already started...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Damage Control at it's best, as i said before i read this article, no one is squeaky clean. Romney is under attack now, cutting kids hair in school, having too much money. If RP is a threat i am sure all of this which was posted will come to the surface and you will see Dr Paul step down citing family issues. As i said before, you can convince some but not all. Ron Paulers, the internet is a powerful tool. I am surprised that hasn't been debunked. Always an excuse for everything. Best to admit it and move on try to hide it and it only get's worse.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So let me get this straight... you choose to remain ignorant purposely, seems like you just like to cause trouble... provocateur perhaps?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/12/mitt-romney-bank-of-america-protests_n_1511868.html?ref=topbar

And you endorse people like that guy, who talk down to people who speak truth, especially the youngsters who are learning way way way too much, they weren't suppose to be this smart after they took control of the public schools.

Not wishing to get into this ... discussion ... that is going on ...

Just wanted to say I enjoyed reading this. Not specifically for content but for the good writing, good use of language, no Arablish to try to unravel and translate. Am I allowed to just enjoy a good read? I hope so, because that is what I found. No belief of non belief here, just enjoy reading. Heck, I enjoy reading the toothpaste package if there is nothing else.

And ... thanks for posting

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Not wishing to get into this ... discussion ... that is going on ...

Just wanted to say I enjoyed reading this. Not specifically for content but for the good writing, good use of language, no Arablish to try to unravel and translate. Am I allowed to just enjoy a good read? I hope so, because that is what I found. No belief of non belief here, just enjoy reading. Heck, I enjoy reading the toothpaste package if there is nothing else.

And ... thanks for posting

:)

smee2i enjoy the reading and exchanges myself nothing wrong with reading knowledge is power so the saying goes

So let me get this straight... you choose to remain ignorant purposely, seems like you just like to cause trouble... provocateur perhaps?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/12/mitt-romney-bank-of-america-protests_n_1511868.html?ref=topbar

And you endorse people like that guy, who talk down to people who speak truth, especially the youngsters who are learning way way way too much, they weren't suppose to be this smart after they took control of the public schools.

I think it is bringing more facts to the table, if it's not postive it has to be untrue. Let see Obama was elected, mudd was slung from the cheap seats. i say RP air it all out answer all the question and let america decide not chosen group of people who choose only to believe one way Ron Paul. Well alot of folks out there don't agree with you. Might as well get use to it. Did you not think this was going to be a cake walk Hugh?

I think it is bringing more facts to the table, if it's not postive it has to be untrue. Let see Obama was elected, mudd was slung from the cheap seats. i say RP air it all out answer all the question and let america decide not chosen group of people who choose only to believe one way Ron Paul. Well alot of folks out there don't agree with you. Might as well get use to it. Did you not think this was going to be a cake walk Hugh?

Nah I knew it was going to be a difficult task...waking up people to reality is not easy, it's an information war for your mind. Don't let these manipulators control your mind any longer...if you don't like Ron Paul after you look into how the Federal Reserve System works, then you have to be either a banker, work on wall street, one of the cabal, or a paid disinfo agent by the cabal.

Nah I knew it was going to be a difficult task...waking up people to reality is not easy, it's an information war for your mind. Don't let these manipulators control your mind any longer...if you don't like Ron Paul after you look into how the Federal Reserve System works, then you have to be either a banker, work on wall street, one of the cabal, or a paid disinfo agent by the cabal.

from the looks of your profile pic you must be one of those wall street traders since you are so worried about the Fed.

Well seeing as lately its been a Ron Paul love fest in off topic forum I thought I'd share a little info Ron Paul's Skeleton Closet: Scandals, Quotes, and Character

By far the oldest candidate in the race at 75, Ron Paul is suddenly a top contender. He has a lot of younger supporters, mostly because he favors legalizing pot, and adopts the sort of extreme intellectual positions that have also drawn college age kids to "pure" philosophies like Communism and Ayn Rand's Positivism for generations. You know, "clean" uncompromising positions that get rid of all those messy human feelings and complexities.

Ron Paul loves to brag about being a straight-talker who doesn't change his positions. He says he would have voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act (on property rights grounds, not to defend racism natch.) He wants to legalize all drugs, including heroin, withdraw all US troops from other countries immediately, end government flood control efforts and return to the gold standard.

And speaking as someone who has been researching candidate scandals for many years now, he's pretty darn squeaky clean. Sorry to disappoint you haters, but (like Obama) Ron Paul shows no sign of screwing around on his wife (unlike Newt or Bill Clinton), or doing favors for special interests who then put money in his pocket (unlike Newt or Rick Santorum). That's admirable. He's also one of the few politicians who did not evade the draft (unlike Gingrich and Romney. Santorum and Obama were too young to be drafted, and did not volunteer.)

But Congressman Paul does has a paranoid, fringey side that he does NOT like to admit. Paul has written and spoken a lot about hidden conspiracies of bankers, diplomats, the Trilateral Commission, secret plans to merge the US with Mexico and Canada, etc. (He calls it the North American Union.) If that sounds like the kind of stuff that John Birchers and right-wing militia racists say, well, he's very popular in that crowd too. (Read the Stormfront and other neo-Nazi websites if you dare, and you'll see.)

Ever since he began running for Congress again in 1996, Ron Paul has tried to downplay or deny responsibility for some incredibly racist newsletters he sold to that conspiracy crowd. But it's hard for him to deny responsibility for a publication called "The Ron Paul Survival Report", edited by Ron Paul, when it says stuff like "When I was in Congress....." He had no problem cashing the checks certainly. And if it wasn't paranoid militia conspiracy, why was it called the Survival Report?

The sad truth is that Ron Paul is a consummate politician. He's just better at tailoring his message to his different audiences than, say, Mitt Romney, whose adjustments are painfully obvious. Ron Paul is the cool grandpa pothead to college kids, the prophet of racial fear to neo-Nazis, an opponent of public schools to Christian home-schoolers, and a crusader against the coming One World Government to the anti-flouride conspiracy crowd. And each group thinks he's their own, special warrior.

Quotes

"I think it's a theory, the theory of evolution and I don't accept it as a theory." - Ron Paul, CBS-TV, 2007

"illegal immigrants enter the country for the express purpose of giving birth. But illegal immigrants also use emergency rooms, public roads, and public schools. In many cases they are able to obtain Medicaid, food stamps, public housing, and even unemployment benefits. ... We must end the perverse incentives that encourage immigrants to come here illegally, including the anchor baby incentive." - Ron Paul, (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

"You know, the greatest hoax I think that has been around in many, many years if not hundreds of years has been this hoax on the environment and global warming. You notice they don't call it global warming anymore. It's weather control." - Ron Paul, on Fox

"The public school now is a propaganda machine. They start with our kids even in kindergarten, teaching them about family values, sexual education, gun rights, environmentalism, and they condition them to believe in so much that is totally un-American.” - Ron Paul, to Christian home-schoolers, March 2011

"The ultimate goal is not simply a superhighway, but an integrated North American Union--complete with a currency, a cross-national bureaucracy, and virtually borderless travel within the Union. Like the European Union, a North American Union would represent another step toward the abolition of national sovereignty altogether." - Ron Paul, 2006 (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

"Critics of NAFTA and CAFTA warned at the time that the agreements were actually a move toward ... an eventual merging of North America into a border-free area. Proponents of these agreements dismissed this as preposterous and conspiratorial. Now we see that the criticisms appear to be justified." - Ron Paul, 2006 (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

"This new [uN Peackeeping] commission will create the beginning of a global UN army. It will claim the right to intervene in any conflict anywhere on the globe, bringing the World Bank and the IMF formally into the picture as well. It is a complete new world order..." Ron Paul, 2006 (on his congressional website, not the infamous newsletters)

-- Quote Sources

Racist Newsletter

Starting in 1984, Ron Paul published a series of related newsletters, called the Ron Paul Political Report, Ron Paul Freedom Report, Ron Paul Survival Report, etc. He had over 100,000 subscribers at one point and is said to have made over a million dollars a year. (Subscriptions cost $100 a year for a magazine usually 8 pages long.)

Over nearly 20 years, the newsletters published a bunch of hateful and inflammatory racist, anti-*** and conspiratorial columns. You can read 50 of the originals on this website. Warning -- it's pretty raw stuff.

One article said Martin Luther King Jr. “seduced underage girls and boys” and “replaced the evil of forced segregation with the evil of forced integration.” Another offers this strategy against "urban youth":

"If you have to use a gun on a youth, you should leave the scene immediately, disposing of the wiped off gun as soon as possible. Such a gun cannot, of course, be registered to you, but one bought privately (through the classifieds, for example).”

Speaking of AIDS, one article said homosexuals “enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick,” and another said “I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities.” -- A June, 1990 article

In 2001, as Paul moved to the mainstream and rejoined the Republican party, he disavowed these comments and blamed them on an unnamed ghostwriter. He said he didn't know about them until ten years later -- a statement easily proved false -- and that he had lied in 1996 when he didn't say he didn't write them.

You see, when Paul ran for Congress in 1996, as a Libertarian, his opponent brought these newsletters up to show that Paul had fringe ideas. At that time, they were still being published, and Paul didn't deny writing them. He said that the inflammatory quotes his opponent gave were taken out of context, and that his commentaries about blacks came in the context of "current events and statistical reports of the time." (You can check the context of the inflammatory quotes yourself on the link above, but they look pretty representative to me.)

In fact, Dr. Paul defended some of these racist statements in an interview with the Dallas Morning News in 1996. One newsletter said that young Black men are "unbelievably fleet of foot." Dr. Paul confirmed this opinion by telling the newspaper "If you try to catch someone that has stolen a purse from you, there is no chance to catch them." Another article in the newsletter (from 1992, just 4 years before this controversy first erupted) said:

"Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

When the Dallas reporter asked Ron Paul about that quote, he said "These aren't my figures. That is the assumption you can gather from" the report.

Paul and his supporters claim that he moved to Texas, the newsletters stayed in Washington, and he was too busy to even look at the 8 page newsletter that earned him a million dollars a years. (So much for Texas straight talk.) We have direct evidence that he's lying. Renae Hathaway, Paul's former secretary who still supports him, says that Paul was a very hands-on owner of the newsletters: "He always got to see the final product. He would proof it." (Another longtimeemployee, Eric Rittberg, confirms that he saw Ron Paul proofing, editing and signing off on the newsletters.) Hathaway said the newsletter company had an office in Houston and another one in Clute, very near Paul's house, and that he came to Houston -- 50 miles from his home -- at least weekly.

Ed Crane, the longtime head of the Cato Institute, recalls meeting Paul in the 1980s and discussing mail solicitation lists for the newsletters. Paul agreed that “people who have extreme views” responded best, and said he got his best response from the mailing list for the conspiratorial, anti-Semitic newspaper "The Spotlight." Rittberg says that Paul put the racist material in the newsletters simply to make money -- "the real big money came from some of that racially tinged stuff -- and it seems to have worked very well.

The President manages millions of people. Even if you take Ron Paul at his word, he couldn't manage a staff of 10 without them suddenly printing extreme racist progaganda FOR TEN YEARS. I just don't believe him, but if you do, he's a piss-poor manager. More likely he happily trafficked in the racist material to make money. And it worked. In 1984, Paul reported dept of up to $765,000; by 1995, most of the debt was gone and his net worth was up to $3.3 million. The question remains, does he believe any of this stuff himself?

The thing is, Ron Paul has published a lot of similar (but milder) material since then, and much of it is still on his congressional website, under his name. (Read any of his "Texas Straight Talk" columns from 2005 or 2006, and you'll see what I mean.) He rails against "anchor babies," warns of conspiracies to impose a "North American United Nations," complains about secret cartels of international bankers -- all big parts of the racist right-wing's world-view. (See quotes, above.) So far he hasn't claimed that someone else wrote these "Texas Straight Talk" columns, but I haven't seen any reporters ask him about them, either.

But there's plenty more. Ron Paul defenders claim Martin Luther King Jr. is a hero of his, but Paul voted against the Martin Luther King Day holiday -- both times - and it fell 5 votes short the first time. (It passed the second time despite his opposition.)

He said on MSNBC that the Civil War was not necessary, and gave a rave review to a pro-Confederacy revisionist book called "The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History" by Thomas E. Woods. Ron Paul said Wood's book "heroically rescues real history from the politically correct memory hole.” Woods, who founded the secessionist group "League of the South," and Ron Paul both teach at the Ludwig Van Mises Institute in Alabama, which was founded by Lew Rockwell -- Ron Paul's former chief of staff. In fact, many Paul supporters claim Lew Rockwell wrote the racist newsletter columns under Ron Paul's name, but Rockwell denies that.

The fact is, Ron Paul has said a lot of things similar to (but milder than) the shocking newsletter quotes, things he does not dispute. In 2007, Dr. Paul republished his 1987 book "Freedom Under Siege" which has a lot of choice passages, such as calling the AIDS sufferer "a victim of his own lifestyle [who] victimizes innocent citizens by forcing them to pay for his care"; saying sexual harassment victims bear some responsibility because they didn't quit their jobs; and complaining that whites would be called bigots if they formed a white caucus in Congress, but minority caucuses are OK.

Ron Paul is firmly enmeshed in the right-wing, conspiracy subculture. He has appeared on the Alex Jones radio show 40 times over 12 years, and given extensive interviews to the John Birch Society newsletter. So whether or not he wrote any one particularly nasty racist sentence of a given issue, he is behind all of it. He has been living in that world for years, building connections with the people in it, spreading its ideas, and making money off of doing so. It's cowardly of him to deny it all now.

-- Sources

Sources

Quote Sources -- Back

evolution - Updated:Ron Paul Doesn’t “Accept Evolution as a Theory” by Jon Winsor, Discover Magazine, August 29, 2011

climate change -- Ron Paul Interview`, by David Asman, Fox Business Channel, November 4, 2009

home school - "Trio of presidential contenders woo evangelicals over home schooling," by Shannon Travis, CNN, March 23, 2011

college loans - Ron Paul on MSNBC, Cenk Uygur interview, March 3, 2011

NAFTA superhighway - "The NAFTA Super Highway," by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, October 31, 2006

North American Union conspiracy - "A North American United Nations?" by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, August 28, 2006

Anchor babies - Rethinking Birthright Citizenship, by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, October 2, 2006

UN New World Order - NeoCon Global Government, by Ron Paul, Texas Straight Talk, June 13, 2005

Racist Newsletter Sources -- Back

Game Over: Scans of Over than 50 Ron Paul Newsletters, Et Tu Mr. Destructo (blog), December 21, 2011 (this source has actual scans of many of the newsletters.)

Ron Paul signed off on racist newsletters in the 1990s, associates say, By Jerry Markon and Alice Crites, Washington Post, January 27

1996 Ron Paul interview - Candidate's comments on blacks questioned, by Catalina Camia, Dallas Morning News, May 22, 1996

Angry White Man: The Bigoted Past of Ron Paul by James Kirchick, The New Republic, January 8, 2008

"A Collection of Ron Paul’s Most Incendiary Newsletters", The New Republic, December 23, 2011

More Selections From Ron Paul’s Newsletters, The New Republic, January 17, 2012

Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk (archive), on his Congressional Web site.

"In Book, Ron Paul Opposed Workplace Harassment Protections," by Pema Levy, Talking Points Memo, December 30, 2011

MLK Day Fact Check, by Ta-Nehisi Coates, The Atlantic, January 8, 2012

"Congress > Roll Call Votes > 98th Congress >House Vote #289 (Aug 2, 1983)" (Martin Luther King Day holiday), GovTrack.US website

"Congress > Roll Call Votes > 98th Congress >House Vote #578 (November 13, 1979)" (Martin Luther King Day holiday), GovTrack.US website

Ron Paul and the racist newsletters (Fact Checker biography), by Josh Hicks, The Washington Post, 12/27/2011

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Many hold the same views[ shown here as Skeletons in the closet] They agree with Dr. Paul. He seems to be immune to the brain washing .Probably due to knowledge he is allowed to access,and the general public is not. I am glad to see an intelligent patriot,spill the beans on all the globalists B.S. As for what is presented to us as Racist,it is not racist,only plainly stated facts,based on what is obvious,and not stated Polititally Correct.To fix a problem every side of an issue must be allowed to state plainly the real facts.Not distorted under the guise of polital correctness. Ron Paul may not be politically correct,but I don't remember the Liberal notion of political correctness ,as being a requirement.It stinks. Wish the skeletons in my closet were as trivial.

Please Mr TP...educate us about the Federal Reserve. What do you know about it? Why are you not worried about it?

We wait your reply......

I have no comment on the fed, since you and Scrum D are the resident experts i guess you both will educate us with your points of view. According to you 2 you believe you are always right in all cases. Which leads me to believe you are of the do as i say not as i do.

Thanks but no thanks i don't have time to search the internet or become a member of the one way of thinking club. Sorry, you guys are the exclusive members.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1