Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Does this go too Far? Yes

TPSprayduster

My son and I had a conversation about conservative talk radio, neither one of us are Obama fans, but he stated that if he talked about the commander-in-chief the way Rush, Hannity, Levin and others he could be arrested. He is career Green Beret and found it offensive and not good for our troops morale.

• Upvote 1

Hell, :lol: he is in a better position to call it like it is than most here. Besides he probaly did not lie like the enemy in the cesspool DC. :lol:

Well he won't be there for long to call like it is. he will be out here with most here but not in the same position. Other than Honorable discharge, lost of military benefits he did have. He will still be able to use the VA to purchase a home since he did complete his first enlistment. IF he can get a job to satisfy the income requirements. But the GI bill and other benefits for those who have an Honorable discharge on the dd 214 went right out the window. Thanks to those who are on here who cheer him on hopefully others won't listen to these arm chair QB's who are saying it is there right to voice there opinion, but you forget they are in the military and those rights were null and void once they swore an oath.

Edited by TPSprayduster
  • Upvote 1

Are you suggesting a coup d'etat?? You definitly have not served a day in your life. Oh, no, I have not served a day in my life. All I did was to give birth to and raise two sons who served. Apparently, mothers of military men and ordinary civilian American citizens have no right to an opinion or to even speak at all in what I had believed to be a general discussion. So you win. I'm gone.

Under what conditions has he legally been declared the enemy?? None.

• Downvote 1

You have your right to your opinion, but when you swear an oath you must abide by the rules and regulations. As a mother of military members does not place you in the military you can say as you please. The regulations do not apply to you. As for Mr Stein he must have forgotten that part and now he finds himself on the way out of the Marines. Why because he choose to listen to those who wanted to use him as a pawn. Does his supporters stand behind him in uniform no they don't because they will be guilty as well. I believe you brought who was the enemy. I asked who had designated the president as the enemy and i did not get a response. Mr Stein did not win he and his family suffers from the fall out of this mess, no one else does. All i said was he should have finished his enlistment and go out and speak out as much as he wanted. Whom ever put him up to this is the one who should be punished.

• Upvote 1

I have been out of the military for a long time and I know things have changed. But I don't think they have changed in our faithfulness to our oaths. The military has an obligation to put aside the politics, the name calling, and the wrangling UNTIL one has fulfilled his or her commitment. It doesn't matter how much we disagree with our Commander-in-Chief, we committed to obey him.

I disagreed with some of the officers who gave me orders. Some orders caused the death of many in my unit. I had the right to express my disagreement in writing, and I would not have faced disciplinary action.

But when military get involved in the affairs of this life: politics, business, homeland problems, or any area that would effect their military performance, they have stepped out of their service to the country. When one enlists they give up that freedom until their discharge. By the way, that's biblical as well.

"No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier" (2Tim 2:4).

The man was wrong in his actions and needs to be disciplined by the authorities.

• Upvote 2

Again, one must serve to understand. My army unit was fanatical when it came to regulations, as were most, if not all I suppose. And my army unit would not hold a candle to the fanaticism of the Marine Corps. They are hardcore and hard charging all the time. They have my utmost respect and deserve better than what, soon to be Mr. Stein has to offer. This incident will follow him around the rest of his life. His job opportunities will be less. He has essentially alienated himself just as the draft dodgers of the 60's and 70's did. He spent years in the Corps doing the right thing and this is now his legacy. He shames the United States military. I will never lose a minute of sleep for this man. As far as mothers of military personnel is concerned, I can't imagine the grief and pain a mother feels when her child is off fighting. A mother gives up the control over her child and must now jump through hoops to even contact her serviceman/woman. It is the nature of the beast. It is necessary for the accomplishment of the mission. It is cold and it is hard.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

Oh, no, I have not served a day in my life. All I did was to give birth to and raise two sons who served. Apparently, mothers of military men and ordinary civilian American citizens have no right to an opinion or to even speak at all in what I had believed to be a general discussion. So you win. I'm gone.

You have an opinion but since you never served you do not understand the military mindset.

The military is one of those things that can not be lived vicariously through your sons, either you are or you aren't. As a civilian you have all your rights but as a military member your curtail many of those rights to preserve them, as a civilian you may not understand that and if you understand you do not want enforced in our military and yet it is a necessary evil to keep good discipline and order.

• Upvote 1

Different opinions, and that is what makes this country great. I thank each and every one of you who served in the military and you are right. When you take an oath, you are swearing to follow the rules and doctrine. This young soldier was wrong in what he did. As I stated in a post a while back, when you swear that oath, you belong body and soul to the US of America. You follow orders and keep your mouth shut.

As a Marine he did not do that. He does not have the liberty to diss the country or its leaders. Thank you for all your input, and thanks to ALL the Americans who have served our country with pride and honor.