Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Project Glass – bring ‘em on baby

20MillionDinar

Those are cool, if they're real. I could get a ticket for not wearing my glasses while driving. I could get killed if I wore those while driving.......It's a no win. As always, just my opinion. ;)

GO RV, then BV

Those are more than likely a prototype at this time. I'm sure you can just take them off and use your handheld phone when time calls. smile.gif

I wouldn't be surprised if we see those out on the streets within the next few years!

• Upvote 1

This TECHNOLOGY has been in use for several years, starting in a very limited sense, and improved over time. One of the first places this technology, and I stress technology, not this application of the technology, was in the military, specifically heads up displays.

Yup, all these "fancy gadgets" got their start in the military. In fact, the technology that allows us to post and read and comment ... all that was first a military project, the building of, and access to, internet, without windows of course. I know, that was early days of internet when you could only access typing screens, no real graphics, just information. But it was a military application that got it off the ground.

So, this example of fancy heads up display glasses isn't all that far away. And as for your prescription lenses ... it is likely that most people would opt for wearing special contacts that allow for visual acuity while also allowing use of these glasses. Or there may be a way to embed the prescription into the matrix of the display so that they would be your glasses, and your glasses only, since they would also be prescription lenses that have been given the layers of technical abililty that make these glasses what they are.

Ever wonder about the clear glass or plastic page-like apparatus that stands in front of some speakers when they are giving a speech? From the back side, what you see in the audience, it is clear, you can see right through to the speaker. But what he sees on his side are rolling notes or the entire speech. That is also an application of the military-tested technology. So, it, meaning the technology, is being used, and has been for a while, in the general public forum.

Take heart, the glasses will most likely be available in our lifetimes ... well, maybe not mine, but yours definitely.

:)

smee2