Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Arab in Baghdad on Monday, 10 items on the agenda of the summit

yota691

Arab in Baghdad on Monday, 10 items on the agenda of the summit

Friday, March 23 / March 2012 09:10 | Author: rasannews | | |

0nabell.jpg

BAGHDAD / With: head of the Secretary-General of the Arab League Nabil Arab to Baghdad next Monday with a delegation of permanent representatives at the university, as revealed Deputy Secretary-General of the Arab League, Ahmed Ben Helli, that the agenda of the Arab summit in Baghdad includes ten items, as he emphasized the Permanent Representative of Iraq at the university that the region is to be held in the Summit, which will set in, secured by 100 percent.

The sources said that the Arab League will travel to Baghdad on a plane to attend the Iraqi special meeting before the economic summit.

The Ben Helli, during a press conference collected representative of Iraq to the University of Qais al-Azzawi, that: "the terms of the summit led by the report of the Secretary-General on the joint Arab action and the development of the Arab League in the light of the preliminary report prepared by the independent commission, headed by the Foreign Minister, former Algerian Lakhdar Brahimi, and the second item is the Palestinian issue and Arab-Israeli conflict and Mostagdath. "

The Ben Helli, that "the third item is the development of the situation in Syria, and the fourth development of the situation in Yemen, and how to contribute Arab states in its support, and V the situation in Somalia," noting that the item VI is to make the Middle East free of weapons of mass destruction, and the Seventh is international terrorism and ways to combat it, and VIII of the Statute for the establishment of the Arab Parliament Permanent, and IX of draft resolutions submitted by the Economic and Social Council preparatory to the summit, and item X and the latter is to determine the place and date of the next regular session No. 24 of the University Council at the summit level.

For his part, Al-Azzawi said, "During the meeting, concluded a special meeting of Iraq handed over the presidency of the summit and the University Council at the level of the delegates." (Finished)

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.mustakbal.net/index.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26view%3Darticle%26id%3D17600:-10-%26catid%3D2:2011-07-18-15-01-39%26Itemid%3D8&usg=ALkJrhjDwwIyaNrK4X_cqk5YAK4colwBaw

• Upvote 1

This is the first I've seen of an agenda for the Summit, with ten items being listed:

1. A report on the joint Arab action and the development of the Arab League in the light of the preliminary report prepared by the independent commission.

2. Arab/Israeli conflict.

3. Syria.

4. Yemen.

5. Somalia.

6. A ME free from WMD's.

7. Terrorism and ways to combat it.

8. Statute for the establishment of the Arab Parliament

9. Draft resolutions submitted by the Economic and Social Council preparatory to the Summit.

10. Time and place of next Summit.

Nothing on this list looks to have any huge changes for Iraq, maybe they left out a special presentation by Ban Ki-moon?

This is the first I've seen of an agenda for the Summit, with ten items being listed:

1. A report on the joint Arab action and the development of the Arab League in the light of the preliminary report prepared by the independent commission.

3. Syria.

4. Yemen.

5. Somalia.

6. A ME free from WMD's.

9. Draft resolutions submitted by the Economic and Social Council preparatory to the Summit.

Nothing on this list looks to have any huge changes for Iraq, maybe they left out a special presentation by Ban Ki-moon?

GM, remember there was much discussion in articles of how Iraq was not on the list of the summit? This was about 3-4 weeks ago. I believe they will part of item number 9. This does depend on currency values and ability to pay. They are not in a negotiating position at thess than a penny. Let us not forget the region has 2 other currencies that are now in the tank. You also have many governmental changes thanks to the arab spring. Not to mention that they did not have consensus when they met at OPEC prior to the Arab spring (first time ever). There will be some power plays here. Should be a very interesting summit.

Edited by Abarvets

GM, remember there was much discussion in articles of how Iraq was not on the list of the summit? This was about 3-4 weeks ago. I believe they will part of item number 9. This does depend on currency values and ability to pay. They are not in a negotiating position at thess than a penny. Let us not forget the region has 2 other currencies that are now in the tank. You also have many governmental changes thanks to the arab spring. Not to mention that they did not have consensus when they met at OPEC prior to the Arab spring (first time ever). There will be some power plays here. Should be a very interesting summit.

That's what I was thinking, numbers one or nine are the only places it would fit in. Yes it will be an interesting Summit, they've put a lot of hype into it and I'm curious to see what comes out of it.

3. Syria.

4. Yemen.

5. Somalia.

6. A ME free from WMD's.

Ban Ki Moon, Arab? So his role is not revealed except for the Chapter 7 file. I just wish they would have the national meeting in Iraq.

Edited by uncirculd