Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Business Opportunity You've Been Waiting For "Iraq Oil & Gas"

Abarvets

The Business Opportunity You’ve Been Waiting For: “Iraq Oil & Gas”

March 7, 2012

Filled underIraq Daily News

No Comments

According to reports by various U.S. government agencies, multilateral institutions and other international organizations, long-term Iraq reconstruction costs could reach $500 billion or higher. The proposed Hydrocarbons Law, which governs oil contracting and regulation, has been under review in the Council of Ministers since October 26, 2008, but has not received final passage.

Iraq was the world’s 12th largest oil producer in 2009, and has the world’s second largest proven petroleum oil and reserves. Few of Iraq’s known fields are in development, and Iraq may be one of the few places left where vast reserves.

Iraq Energy EXPO and Conference, April 23-26, 2012 is the only official government sponsored expo and conference, Iraq Ministry of Oil and its 22 companies will be present and they welcome you as they welcome all international companies to participate in upstream and downstream development.

http://iraqdailytimes.com/the-business-opportunity-youve-been-waiting-for-iraq-oil-gas/

• Upvote 4

Follow this logical thought for what it is worth. They RV at or before the Summit. At the summit they announce to the world they are the best thing since sliced bread, oh btw, next month there is an investors meeting where you can take all this wealth and invest it in our country. In the mean time stay awhile and enjoy the camel races! Hopeful thinking! :D :D

Interesting. It points out "The proposed Hydrocarbons Law, which governs oil contracting and regulation, has been under review in the Council of Ministers since October 26, 2008, but has not received final passage."

Then, "Iraq Energy EXPO and Conference, April 23-26, 2012 is the only official government sponsored expo and conference, Iraq Ministry of Oil and its 22 companies will be present and they welcome you as they welcome all international companies to participate in upstream and downstream development."

How does the government sponsor as Expo to participate in development if the HCL has not been passed? Interesting. I hope this is a hint of possibly the HCL agreement being resolved.

BTW - +1 Abarvets & thanks for posting it.

Edited by Tirebiter
  • Upvote 2

Interesting. It points out "The proposed Hydrocarbons Law, which governs oil contracting and regulation, has been under review in the Council of Ministers since October 26, 2008, but has not received final passage."

Then, "Iraq Energy EXPO and Conference, April 23-26, 2012 is the only official government sponsored expo and conference, Iraq Ministry of Oil and its 22 companies will be present and they welcome you as they welcome all international companies to participate in upstream and downstream development."

How does the government sponsor as Expo to participate in development if the HCL has not been passed? Interesting. I hope this is a hint of possibly the HCL agreement being resolved.

Good points, tirebiter.

I believe it is passed. Just not announced and implemented.

I think all we need is Maliki to share power and knight a security minister.

With Allawi out of the way, maybe he can nominate who he wants to now.

He was President of the Iraqi list, Iyad Allawi

most of the outstanding problems between Erbil and Baghdad will be resolved after commissioning officially the new Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani to form the government on Wednesday.

I believe it is passed. Just not announced and implemented.

I think all we need is Maliki to share power and knight a security minister.

With Allawi out of the way, maybe he can nominate who he wants to now.

He was President of the Iraqi list, Iyad Allawi

most of the outstanding problems between Erbil and Baghdad will be resolved after commissioning officially the new Kurdistan Prime Minister Nechirvan Barzani to form the government on Wednesday.

Thanks, JNT. I know there have been hints and a wink and a nod about the HCL, but we can't ever seem to get a firm announcement. I'm with you, I think its probably a done deal, too. I'd just like to see the "official" announcement & implementation. For some reason, I'm a skeptic with these guys. lol.

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing when I read it the first time. Why in heavens name would I travel to your Expo if you don't have the HCL passed. It would be a waste of time. As an investor there is no way I would go in without this being passed. Especially after reading that you haven't passed it since 2008! What kind of PR statement is that? If it hasn't been done already and kept off the official books it is about to be completed. :)

Good one Avarvets, I belong to the Iraqi Oil & Gas publication and receive their updates. RV this dang currency so we can invest in your country even more you big dummies!!

Thanks Stryker!

In the publication have they given any hints on the status of the HCL?

Follow this logical thought for what it is worth. They RV at or before the Summit. At the summit they announce to the world they are the best thing since sliced bread, oh btw, next month there is an investors meeting where you can take all this wealth and invest it in our country. In the mean time stay awhile and enjoy the camel races! Hopeful thinking! :D :D

I like hopeful thinking! :)

Thank you. I was thinking the same thing when I read it the first time. Why in heavens name would I travel to your Expo if you don't have the HCL passed. It would be a waste of time. As an investor there is no way I would go in without this being passed. Especially after reading that you haven't passed it since 2008! What kind of PR statement is that? If it hasn't been done already and kept off the official books it is about to be completed. :)

Thanks Stryker!

In the publication have they given any hints on the status of the HCL?

I like hopeful thinking! :)

No but it comes down to the GOI and the Kurds, that's it. i keep wondering what is really in the documents that Maliki has that the committees came up with right before our troops exited stag right into Kuwait. If everyone remembers correctly right before parliament and the ministers cabinet was boycotted the a Kurdistan delegation was in Baghdad and Maliki appointed three committees to go behind closed doors and iron out the following problems....HCL, Erbil and Article 140 and it only took them a half a day. They came out and handed Maliki the solution to all three. The committees were made up of National Alliance, Kurds and Iraqi List members, three way power sharing to make up the right solutions to the problem.

Well Maliki walked away with all the papers and said that he will let the media know when he said the time was right. Well i believe the time is just about right....that is only one man's opinion though.

I now release the floor to my constituent from South Carolina......:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Upvote 1