Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Merle Haggard Fightin' Side of Me

TLHUBER

I love Merle Haggard.

Funny story. One of my best friends lived next to a Gerald Haggard in the neighborhood I grew up in. One night Mr. "H" (my friends dad) was walking out in his back yard, when he heard a guitar playing and some singing on his neighbors back porch. So, he walked over and gave him a listen. When the song was over he was introduced by the neighbor (Gerald) to his cousin Merle. Not putting two and two together, Mr. "H" said "Your pretty good, you ought to get that recorded." To that, the two "Haggard's" laughed and Merle said "Thank you!" Mr. "H" returned home. A few days later, Mr."H" and "Gerald" met up in the yard and Mr. "H" said "Your cousin is pretty good, he really ought to do something with his talent." To that, Gerald told him who his cousin actually was and it finally sunk in. My friends dad was embarrassed for not catching it. And Gerald said, "That's Okay, Merle got a kick out of it." We still give him hell about it to this day. :lol:

• Upvote 2

I love Merle Haggard.

Funny story. One of my best friends lived next to a Gerald Haggard in the neighborhood I grew up in. One night Mr. "H" (my friends dad) was walking out in his back yard, when he heard a guitar playing and some singing on his neighbors back porch. So, he walked over and gave him a listen. When the song was over he was introduced by the neighbor (Gerald) to his cousin Merle. Not putting two and two together, Mr. "H" said "Your pretty good, you ought to get that recorded." To that, the two "Haggard's" laughed and Merle said "Thank you!" Mr. "H" returned home. A few days later, Mr."H" and "Gerald" met up in the yard and Mr. "H" said "Your cousin is pretty good, he really ought to do something with his talent." To that, Gerald told him who his cousin actually was and it finally sunk in. My friends dad was embarrassed for not catching it. And Gerald said, "That's Okay, Merle got a kick out of it." We still give him hell about it to this day. :lol:

I love this story. God Bless

• Upvote 1

I love Merle Haggard.

Great story telling ... I do love stories like this one ... thanks for sharing!

:)

smee2