Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Even Defense Contractors Support Ron Paul For President

Scrumdiddles

Much has been made of the fact that Ron Paul is the choice of the troops, having received more donations from active duty military personnel than all the other GOP candidates combined, as well as Obama. However, new figures also show that Ron Paul is favored among people who work in the defense sector.

U.S. Federal Election Commission (FEC) contribution records analyzed by Defense News reveal that Paul received both the most contributions and the largest total amount of cash among Republican candidates from employees of the world’s top 100 defense companies.

$177,413.39 was donated to to Paul’s campaign by defense employees in 2011, with a total of 824 individual contributions, meaning an average of $215.31 per person.

That figure is the highest any GOP candidate received from defense workers at companies such as Boeing, Deloitte and Lockheed Martin.

Although Mitt Romney’s total isn’t far off Paul’s, the figures show that the former Massachusetts Governor received just 198 contributions.

Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum received just $27,310 and $8,185, respectively from defense workers.

Defense news notes that the results are startling because, unlike the other candidates, Ron Paul has campaigned for a stemming defense spending.

Loren Thompson, chief operating officer at the Lexington Institute believes that the findings speak more to the politics of those working in the defense industry. “There’s a strong libertarian streak among many in the sector,” he said. “Just because people work in the defense industry, doesn’t mean that they always vote their economic interests.”

The numbers could also indicate that those within the industry feel morally compelled to support the only candidate who advocates a humble foreign policy and a reduction in military activity around the world.

Gary Howard, a spokesman for the Paul campaign, noted:

“Those in the defense community, like other supporters, likely find that Dr. Paul’s common-sense foreign policy and the serious attention he pays to our nation’s number one security threat — our debt — are the most vital issues a presidential candidate must address.”

During his campaign, Paul has been sure to make a firm distinction between his definition of defense spending and military spending. Defense spending, as Paul has explained during the debates, has to do with protecting the country itself and its citizens. Defense spending can be accomplished WITHOUT overseas military spending. They are two different kinds of expense.

The FEC figures released this week also show that the Paul campaign raised $4.5 million in the month of January and is on track to exceed its Q4 fundraising of about $13.3 million.

The campaign has $1.6 million in cash on hand, and the latest figures do not include last week’s money bomb that has so far raised another $2 million plus.

“Naturally we’re pleased that our growing support base continues to generously support Ron Paul, so in turn he can spread his message of constitutionally-limited government, sound money, and a foreign policy that keep America safe,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

http://www.infowars.com/even-defense-contractors-support-ron-paul-for-president/

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Even though he has a lot of great ideas, he does not have enough to win the Republican party, then he will likely go on his own as an independent, split the vote just enough to ensure Obama to win it all...... great. And the thing is he knows it and will do it anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Even though he has a lot of great ideas, he does not have enough to win the Republican party, then he will likely go on his own as an independent, split the vote just enough to ensure Obama to win it all...... great. And the thing is he knows it and will do it anyway.

Ron Paul has been asked that very question and emphatically answered no, he will not run as an independent. He has my vote!

• Upvote 1

We should just ask you about what Ron Paul will do, It really does not matter that he said he has no intention of running as a independent. It does not matter what he says. wink.gif

• Upvote 1

So you mean personnel who work for Defense contractors support Ron Paul not the companies themselves? If Dr Paul wants to cut the Defense budget even more then those major contractors would not have contracts. So to clarify the title of your statement is that employees of Defense Contractors support Ron Paul. Unless he is going to increase the Defense budget, those in the Defense sector will have to retool their products.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So you mean personnel who work for Defense contractors support Ron Paul not the companies themselves? If Dr Paul wants to cut the Defense budget even more then those major contractors would not have contracts. So to clarify the title of your statement is that employees of Defense Contractors support Ron Paul. Unless he is going to increase the Defense budget, those in the Defense sector will have to retool their products.

Just watch this TP.

Edited by Scrumdiddles
  • Upvote 1

Sorry Scrum i don't watch those videos. By the way, what is Dr paul take on the defense budget? Will he increase or decrease the budget.

Thanks

What do you mean by those videos? You act as if you will die when you watch those videos. The answer to your question is in the video, so watch it.

• Upvote 2

Some people think that it is their job to correct every one. When in fact they seem irevrelant to many.

Post clear facts so there is no need to ask questions. In your mind it may not be relevant, but in some who actually think about the situation it just might.

Most of the time, your facts are based on an obscured position or thought. Not to mention that you do not think about every point of a situation either, proof of that is earlier in this post, the refusal to listen to a You Tube posting. Like You Tube is completely false, now that is a fallacy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Most of the time, your facts are based on an obscured position or thought. Not to mention that you do not think about every point of a situation either, proof of that is earlier in this post, the refusal to listen to a You Tube posting. Like You Tube is completely false, now that is a fallacy.

Sir, my facts are mine alone, i don't follow words nor do i you tube. sorry sir, not falling for that or these stories you come up with. Did you ever mention Dr Paul take on the Defense budget, because if he is cutting the budget less work for Defense corporation less contractors working and they will see they were betrayed and vote for someone else.

• Upvote 1

Sir, my facts are mine alone, i don't follow words nor do i you tube. sorry sir, not falling for that or these stories you come up with. Did you ever mention Dr Paul take on the Defense budget, because if he is cutting the budget less work for Defense corporation less contractors working and they will see they were betrayed and vote for someone else.

There is no story, where did you read a story. Are you still on Ron Paul? I think you are a closet Ron Paul fan. You can come out of the closet and love everyone TP, it is ok we welcome you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is no story, where did you read a story. Are you still on Ron Paul? I think you are a closet Ron Paul fan. You can come out of the closet and love everyone TP, it is ok we welcome you.

LOL, ScrumD you have a sense of humor!!!! i watched the Debate and Dr Paul had his good points. Not a fan sir, sorry but i do pay attention to what he says.

• Upvote 1