Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

New Jersey

Mongo

If the designated acceptable "ettiquette" is not adhered to, it becomes as fodder and is thereby rendered meaningless. As with all traditions it becomes perverted and saturates to the extent that everyone feels a legitimate service has been rendered and the next thing you know, hero dogs will be honored in this way. Then come the horses and all manner of beasts. The neighborhood butcher was a hero and must also be recognized. Let us not forget the bus drivers, taxi drivers and volunteer firefighters. The list goes on and on. This is the reason for laws, ordinances and ettiquette. There MUST be be guidelines for a free and civil society and we must voluntarily comply in order for such a noble idea to succeed. America is not perfect by a long shot but our Constitution and Bill Of Rights is the best of the best. Don't tread on Liberty or it will be your liberty in the end. Stand for freedom. Honor our founders idea of self governed society. Honor the ettiquette.

Not really sure where the founding fathers come into this, considering that there really was no code for the flag until the early 1900's.

But if there was such a problem with a Governor of a US state doing this, then please explain why there does not seem to be any uproar or mention of dissent about the same Governor bestowing this honor last year for Clarence Clemons, a saxophonist for the E Street Band, which happened just last year. Why was the Governor of NJ not chastised by the Federal Government then if he did not have authority to bestow such an honor on ordinary citizens of his state?

***///

Never said her talent wasn't clearly evident.

But what I said is true, she squandered it and denied the world her gift from here on out.

That IS a bad thing... a SAD thing.

And my concern for her child comes from the heart,

I'm part of that young ladie's village and it's up to me as a fellow human being to pray for her

and hope she can escape the road her own Mother put her on.

If everyone envelopes her and denies her mother's truth, they do her a grave injustice.

You learn from your mistakes or the mistakes of others. Use it is example of what NOT to follow or do in the future. Apparently you have nothing else better to do but continue this conversation. The lady is dead and gone and i hope for a better future for her child. That is the future of America.

• Upvote 1

***///

NOT 1/2 mast

1/2 STAFF.

Now that we got that cleared up...

this is an insult to every truly great American who ever lived and died. :angry:

Honoring a crack head who endangered her own child every day

or the family that couldn't (wouldn't) control their little money-maker's problem is despicable.

"Half staff" refers to a pole in the ground, or on land......whereas "half mast" refers to a pole, or mast of a ship.

Now that we got that cleared up......... <_<

GO RV, then BV

That was AWESOME! Whitney sure could sing. Tragic loss of a very young woman who had so much more to give. RIP girl!

Exactly GI Jane...Tragic loss...All this crackhead garbage should stop.Hopefully she has found the peace that had alluded her in this world.

Again, I don't have a problem with New Jersey honoring one of their own.

• Upvote 2

Not really sure where the founding fathers come into this, considering that there really was no code for the flag until the early 1900's.

But if there was such a problem with a Governor of a US state doing this, then please explain why there does not seem to be any uproar or mention of dissent about the same Governor bestowing this honor last year for Clarence Clemons, a saxophonist for the E Street Band, which happened just last year. Why was the Governor of NJ not chastised by the Federal Government then if he did not have authority to bestow such an honor on ordinary citizens of his state?

I mention the founding Father's out of the abundant love for the system of government they envisioned. I responded regarding the flag protocols from the perspective that the time honored tradition of honoring the blood of patriots must not be watered down. Whitney Houston made a wonderful contribution of music during my life. She was a very. Beautiful woman with a very beautiful gift, but we cannot bestow the honor of dignitary on everyone who makes a contribution.

***///

She squandered her God-given gift which in itself is extemely disrespectful.

Any contribution she may have made to this world was sullied by her lack of respect for her child

and her country.

She set a bad example for those who falsely admired her.

Hypocritical at best.

You’re a perpetrator of decency and have the radiance for malevolence.You’re surely unique with a revolting humor and exasperating to utter the least. You take my breath away… Hypocritical - and disturbed.

I’m calling it a night!

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1