Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I Need A Little Help

carolinadukegirl

I've been trying to research whether it's better to buy gold bullion (like from Credit Suisse in 5, 2.5, and 1 gm sizes) or gold coins. I'm not interested in "collecting" coins. I just want the gold in my hand in case the dollar becomes worthless or close to it. I know there are pros and cons for each one of these, but I haven't figured out the best yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, cdg

If you havent decided who to invest with may I suggest Kirk Elliot or Luke Harrington at McAlvany in Durango Colorado. www.mcalvany.com

We have followed them for going on 17 years. They will be honest with you and advise you when to sell. I trust these guys and besides myself I know hundreds of

others who has purchased thru them, including many discriminating millionaires. Enjoy your purchase. It is wonderful to have your hands on REAL money. (with real worth)

no it disapears.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, I'll check into them. My sister lives close to Durango, CO. I'll go see her and them at the same time. That will be great.

cdg

I purchased golden eagles and silver kookaburrows coins along with gold and silver bullion from Goldline. Just realize you can pay up to 30-35% premium on golden eagle proofs. I negotiated the high premiums by them adding several sets of golden eagles proofs (free) which reduced my premiums to around 15%. I thought that was exceptable at the time. I'm sure others on this board could direct you to sites with better more acceptable premiums.

I purchased golden eagles and silver kookaburrows coins along with gold and silver bullion from Goldline. Just realize you can pay up to 30-35% premium on golden eagle proofs. I negotiated the high premiums by them adding several sets of golden eagles proofs (free) which reduced my premiums to around 15%. I thought that was exceptable at the time. I'm sure others on this board could direct you to sites with better more acceptable premiums.

Thanks! Did you buy them there in Houston? I grew up there. Is it better to buy online or in person? cdg

best to have them sent to you. Avoid tax

if you call Kirk or Luke as them about the dvds that they have. They will send them to you. Also on their website they have LOTS of information as well as sign up for their newsletter. More than just the metals but what is going on in the world and how that effects you.

Hey dukegirl, I don't know if you have seen my post before are not but I've mentioned that I buy and sell scrap gold and silver here in the Dallas area and where I take my gold to refine it...I sometimes just buy either gold or silver jewelers grain which is just pure 24kt or .999 pure silver... I get it at the spot price of the day instead of spot plus an added brokers fee which you normally pay at any other place such as coin dealers or bullion dealers... This is really very convenient as it allows you be be able to sell off a little bit if needed, just measure out any amount needed... It's very easy to store and is just the same as bullion but in small grain form so it's easy to deal with...anyone interested just let me know I'll see what we can work out...Best Regards, GO RV......

In the past the bullion has been confiscated. We invest in numatic coins. (we buy foreign)

We also have bought silver. Right now both are pretty low.

Davidlp is RIGHT on! Numatic coins have never been confiscated. Alwasy go with numatic.

• Upvote 1

Have another question:

I can buy 1921 Morgan silver dollars that are 90% pure or 2012 American Eagle silver coins that are 99.99% pure. Will the 2012 silver coins be reported to the govt.? I'm not sure what makes something reportable and not reportable. Is it the date of issue or the idea of coins versus silver bars.

Need help please: :unsure:

Thanks so much,

cdg

I would be interested in everybody's opinion on this myself. My personal opinion is to buy the 90% silver coins made in 1964 or before. If the fiat funny money becomes completely worthless, everybody will recognize the US silver coins minted but they may be very suspicious of the silver bars, not knowing really how to tell if it is pure silver or what. How does everybody else feel about this? Gary2

I've been trying to research whether it's better to buy gold bullion (like from Credit Suisse in 5, 2.5, and 1 gm sizes) or gold coins. I'm not interested in "collecting" coins. I just want the gold in my hand in case the dollar becomes worthless or close to it. I know there are pros and cons for each one of these, but I haven't figured out the best yet. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, cdg

I have bought coins never bought gold bullion's. The coins were very easy to trade. I bought them from a company I believe in Maryland and they were shipped to me. When I sold them when gold hit around 900 I called locked in my price and shipped them to them and received my check a few days later in the mail.

Hope that helps

FRPM WWW.MCALVANY.COM

If you sell bullion coins to a coin dealer, the dealer is required by law to report that sale to the IRS on Form 1099. That is one reason to avoid gold bullion coins. However, coins with a premium above 15% do not have to be reported by a coin dealer when you sell them. For example, the semi-numismatic $20 Liberty and $20 St. Gaudens have premium above 15% and are, therefore, gold coins which do not have dealer reporting requirements.

Everyone should own an asset that no one else knows about- a low profile, bearer type investment that leaves no tracks when bought or sold. Semi-numismatic gold coins fit the bill perfectly.

GREATER UPSIDE POTENTIAL

The semi-numismatic $20 Liberty and $20 St. Gauden gold coins currently have a 40-90% premium over bullion. (Numismatic coins have 500-5,000% premiums over their bullion content.) The premium on the $20 gold coins have expanded to 100% in recent years, and under certain bullish gold market conditions, could rise even higher. In a rising gold market, the semi-numismatic $20 Liberty and $20 St. Gauden coins have a substantially greater upside potential than a normal gold bullion coin.

Why? Unlike bullion coins, which are freshly minted by the millions each year, most semi-numismatic coins are nearly 100 years old and in very limited supply.

For example, if the price of gold moved up $100 an ounce, a bullion coin would move up a corresponding $100. However, semi-numismatic coins have historically doubled that movement

.Semi-Numismatic – the coins need to have a valid rarity value to avoid dealer reporting requirements. The combination of age, mintage and condition is very important.

FROM WWW.MCALVANY.COM

1 Oz. American Silver Eagles

Silver Eagles are dated from their early inception in 1986 through currently minted 2000. They are minted at West Point, New York and are .999 fine silver.

Silver Eagles normally sell for modest premiums above their melt value. However in late 1999, early 2000, the coins were hyped as “collectibles” and “the last silver dollars of the 20th century” which is true. Many of these coins were even painted red, white and blue to justify prices as high as $39.95 ea. The promotions were and have been successful, consequently causing the premiums on Silver Eagles to climb above their normal level of premium. Although the Silver Eagles are a popular “bullion” coin, experience tells us that the current high premiums on such coins will not last forever. When the promotion is over…it’s over and the premiums will collapse back to normal levels

Thanks to both of you. Lots of good information. I'm reading and trying to decide what is the best silver and/or gold to buy to keep "in a sock" just in case things get really difficult. From what I've gleaned, I I think I should buy Silver Dollars but don't know yet if I should "buy American" or would foreign coins be the best. Any help on this would be appreciated. I mean would people know a foreign silver coin is as good as an American silver dollar? Or would they tend to not want to redeem them?

Thanks, cdg