Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could This be An RI, or similar to Kuwait? Maybe!

Here is a bit of speculation...

What if this is how you get your Re-Value? They release the lower demons, and let the free market take over. It will totally go ballistic like a corporate IPO for the first days or even weeks, then taper off. The IQD has done some funny moves in the past few hours, and most of them slightly in our favour. Instead of seeing an RV per say, we may be witnessing some kind of RI, where the free market determines the Value of the IQD. That would actually make more sense, since that is how the Forex operates. Not on what the banks say, but what the international marketplace says.

Comments Welcome!

Really looks "Floating" right now.

Edited by ghostflame
  • Upvote 1

I don't know not the smartest tack here for sure but as I se it an RI is an reinstatement of the previous rate that being 3.22 ? then it could float up or down just like Kuwait--now an RV would start the rate much lower and be controled for the upward movement---as needed

JMO

• Upvote 1

I don't know not the smartest tack here for sure but as I se it an RI is an reinstatement of the previous rate that being 3.22 ? then it could float up or down just like Kuwait--now an RV would start the rate much lower and be controled for the upward movement---as needed

JMO

My understanding was that an RI was a Re-Institution to the free monetary market, where the traders ultimately decide the value.

An RI is a Re-Institution of the currency from a past value.. and the pre-Sadam value of currency of $3.22 USD to 1 IQD and that would be alright by me... bring it on....GO RI !!!!

No matter what it is, once this sucker hits the Forex, the market will decide. Like an IPO, it could spike, then drop like a stone, or a number of things. It could go up in the heat of it all, and then it could stabilize...but I know that no one can tell you what it will do once it hits the Forex. Then it's free market. I would guess that the Iraqis would want this rather than some artificially set rate. Why would they purposefully make a bunch of westerners rich with a named rate? Makes no sense.

Remember you have to look at the bigger picture here... making a few so-called westerners rich is a small concern to them probably only few billion for the average investor and maybe a trillion or two for the whales, but all the countries of the world that hold IQD are in the trillions and trillions and trillions and they are waiting to be paid for their contribution to the liberation of Iraq .. IMO Iraq (if they thought that they could get away with it) would have new currency handed out on one day have all the 000 currency ruled illegal to use as currency and then RV the new currency putting everyone out in the cold and Iraq would have spent money only on making the new currency.. but they know that they can't do that, because that would discredit them in the eyes of the world and no one will help them in the future. If Iraq want to be the most powerful country in the ME then they will have to pay and in doing so the world will be forever great-full for helping save the world economy and will in turn make them powerful. but this is just my :twocents:

• Upvote 2

Remember you have to look at the bigger picture here... making a few so-called westerners rich is a small concern to them probably only few billion for the average investor and maybe a trillion or two for the whales, but all the countries of the world that hold IQD are in the trillions and trillions and trillions and they are waiting to be paid for their contribution to the liberation of Iraq .. IMO Iraq (if they thought that they could get away with it) would have new currency handed out on one day have all the 000 currency ruled illegal to use as currency and then RV the new currency putting everyone out in the cold and Iraq would have spent money only on making the new currency.. but they know that they can't do that, because that would discredit them in the eyes of the world and no one will help them in the future. If Iraq want to be the most powerful country in the ME then they will have to pay and in doing so the world will be forever great-full for helping save the world economy and will in turn make them powerful. but this is just my :twocents:

Like!!!

Edited by DetroittoAZ
  • Upvote 1

I think this is a very good point. And in which case it has got to happen soon as most of the world needs this help now.

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Upvote 2

Not that anyone's two cents are worthless, unless they have 2 IQD cents (ha ha), butI have to think that the IQD will be on the open market. I think investors will pounce on it. Like they did on LINKDin or LULU or any IPO. They will look at Iraq's potential, it's problems, and the value of surrounding countries' monies. This is a scenario where the IQD goes live, and YOU have to choose when to jump ship. Don't let any Guru tell you to cash in ASAP. But like a Forex trader, watch in the first day or two for a possible spike. (This is all contingent upon the IQD just being released to the open Forex as is). Play it like a trader. At the first sign of currency going down, sell. Period. If this becomes an open market situation, you will have to play this like a trader. A STOP order is an order to sell if the capital value goes down below a certain level. If this Forex thing goes live, some may consider forex accounts with STOP LOSS orders in place. Cash in to a Forex account and use a trailing STOP order to protect your gains, which may be a little or a lot. I hope for a lot.

• Upvote 1

Good points also Ghost... we will just have to wait and see what happens... and you thought that the wait for it was the hard part....lol.... I don't know much about the trading part so hopefully the rate will be fixed and not have to worry about it spiking and sitting on pins and needles hoping that the rate doesn't drop like a rock... so good luck to us all....

• Upvote 1

One more thing... remember that money is imaginary. I Googled something tonight that made me think. I asked "When The Stock Market Crashes, Where does the money go?" Here is an excerpt of my answer:

Remember that money, especially as a store of value, is a matter of faith: it cannot be exchanged for anything tangible (e.g., gold or silver) except in a market in which the value of products is largely a matter of faith. The value of money in the stock market is based on faith in the value of the stocks that the money represents. So when the value of the stocks declines, the money that measures the value of the stocks declines by the same amount. No one gets the money that is lost. It simply evaporates.

The error in your question results from thinking of money as something real, rather than as an abstraction—a symbol. Money seems "real" because we use it as a taken-for-granted medium of exchange in daily transactions. We use money because, well, everyone does, and we know it "works" to make these transactions. But money is simply a system of accounting for trades. To the extent that it measures anything, it does so because we believe that it does. This is known as reification—the process of converting a symbol into a "real thing," of thinking of an abstract concept (money, in this case) as an actual object or material force. "Money" is not the material representation of "dollars" or "change" you carry around with you. It is an "idea," a concept that is based on nothing other than our faith in (a) its usefulness in procuring what we want—i.e., making us "free" in the sense of excusing us from obligations or obtaining things we think we want—and (B) its capacity to measure the "value" of the things we think we "own." When we lose faith in those functions, money ceases to exist. Hence, the money we invest in stocks disappears when the stock loses value.

One more thing... remember that money is imaginary. I Googled something tonight that made me think. I asked "When The Stock Market Crashes, Where does the money go?" Here is an excerpt of my answer:

Remember that money, especially as a store of value, is a matter of faith: it cannot be exchanged for anything tangible (e.g., gold or silver) except in a market in which the value of products is largely a matter of faith. The value of money in the stock market is based on faith in the value of the stocks that the money represents. So when the value of the stocks declines, the money that measures the value of the stocks declines by the same amount. No one gets the money that is lost. It simply evaporates.

The error in your question results from thinking of money as something real, rather than as an abstraction—a symbol. Money seems "real" because we use it as a taken-for-granted medium of exchange in daily transactions. We use money because, well, everyone does, and we know it "works" to make these transactions. But money is simply a system of accounting for trades. To the extent that it measures anything, it does so because we believe that it does. This is known as reification—the process of converting a symbol into a "real thing," of thinking of an abstract concept (money, in this case) as an actual object or material force. "Money" is not the material representation of "dollars" or "change" you carry around with you. It is an "idea," a concept that is based on nothing other than our faith in (a) its usefulness in procuring what we want—i.e., making us "free" in the sense of excusing us from obligations or obtaining things we think we want—and (B) its capacity to measure the "value" of the things we think we "own." When we lose faith in those functions, money ceases to exist. Hence, the money we invest in stocks disappears when the stock loses value.

Basically, This means that even high rates are possible, if the open market has enough "faith" in Iraq. Iraq in turmoil could mean the opposite.

I would anticipate a Forex introduction before an RV. It would be the best way to get disruptive factions to play nice.

Edited by ghostflame
  • Upvote 1

Basically, This means that even high rates are possible, if the open market has enough "faith" in Iraq. Iraq in turmoil could mean the opposite.

I would anticipate a Forex introduction before an RV. It would be the best way to get disruptive factions to play nice.

Well flame I am sure you have read some of my posts. I like you are a Forex trader and do understand how currencies trade. I think the best sceniro for this is that the CBI sets the rates down a little at a time. Because at the end of the day they have the power and authority to do that. As they ratchet the rate down, they are reeling in profit takers, hence bringing in dinars at a lower rate than if they just declare an RV. As it continues down more and more of the risk is taken out of the equation. All of these folks here hope for an instant RV. I personally don't think it will go that way, just for the reason that you cannot take trillions of dinars and instantly turn them in to trillions of dollars. What do you think :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1