Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

GREAT AGAIN: American Jobless Claims PLUMMET to 45 YEAR LOW

By Hannity Staff - On February 8, 2018

DJT-1.jpg?w=1200&ssl=1

Jobless claims drop to 45 year low under President Trump.

The US economy continues to soar under President Trump and the Republican-controlled Congress, with jobless claims dropping to just 221,000 in the first days of February; the lowest figures seen since March of 1973.

The 45-year-low signals the American recovery is in full-swing following years of low GDP growth and stagnant wages. Economists cite the recent gains as a direct result of a strong job growth and the President’s recently signed overhaul of the nation’s overly complicated tax system.

According to MarketWatch, the stunning numbers are a result of “big declines” in unemployment claims in Missouri, California, and New York; a result of 200,000 new private payroll jobs in January and an unemployment rate hovering at just 4.1%.

“Even better, the long-awaited uptick in worker wages might be in the offing. The yearly increase in hourly pay rose to a nine-year high of 2.9%,” MarketWatch adds.

The rosy economic outlook comes as major American corporations -such as AT&T, Walmart, Disney, Starbucks, American Airlines, Home Depot, FedEx, UPS, Visa, and others- announced their plans to raise wages, expand benefits, and pay out big bonuses in the wake of the GOP-led tax cuts late last-year.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

“Even better, the long-awaited uptick in worker wages might be in the offing. The yearly increase in hourly pay rose to a nine-year high of 2.9%,”

That might be the jump from just last week.. as a contractor I can't get a journeyman for less than $50 an hour on their check.

Non-union guys are making better wage than union guys, which is absolutely hysterical.

If you don't offer full benefits, with either matching retirement or profit sharing, you don't have a chance of getting or keeping your best employees.

There will always be a few inept to slip through, but for the most part the higher wage has sparked a pride in craftsmanship I haven't seen in decades.

The good ones are pushing themselves to be even better, with proper management catalyst, crews have evolved into teams creating tomorrow.

The scales have begun to tip back to favor the blue collar production worker, journeymen  hard workers are rewarded with $150k yearly incomes, allowing their families to enjoy a more secure lifestyle.

Other contractors question why I am gratified to be forced to adapt to the ever changing, and rising, labor overhead, and all I can do is shake my head and reply that they have forgotten why they started.

It's in the creating itself, it's noticing someone walking into a market when you are driving down the street, and remembering what it took to build that, from the calculations to taking raw materials and shaping them into everything from grocery stores to manufacturing plants and office buildings to homes.

Knowing every night families find security, kids learn, get coffee, buy gas, or sit at their desk in a home, school, service station, or complex that you helped put together. 

These places you build are your legacy, they will be standing long after we are gone, and they will continue to shelter those seeking refuge.

heh, not sure where that came from, except it's 4am here, and I actually just wanted to check the weather report before heading out a day of single track.

The economy is not going to slow down for at least a couple years. 

I think a lot of folks are only now realizing how pessimistic they had become after 20+ years of buffoons. 

We have been so unsure of our "leaders" we were  restricting ourselves.

I saw a steadily repeated pattern as a contractor, don't know why the economic term for it is, but it goes like this.

With the stagnant wages since Reagan not keeping pace with inflation, and the government busily creating more and more inflation every year, most families were forced to prioritize spending, all money is not good money, just because someone offers to lend you some does not mean it's a good deal, so only the core inherent growth was realized.

That's what I call the "life growth".

As a species, human beings are thriving, we are making babies, graduating school, moving out, getting married, so there is a minimum volume of expansion to meet that need. 

In previous years, with the feckless leadership of everyone from bush to obama, there was good reason to worry, and people refrained from moving up to that next bigger home, kids graduated college and moved back home, fewer people decided to finally do "that" which they had always intended, like open a restaurant, collectors boutique,  or start their own engineering firm. Established businesses had become used to an adversarial posture adopted by local government, every business incurred severe losses through unpaid receivables, and due to the generally restricted environment, declined to diversify venture investment.

Every year there would be a brief spike in economic factors as we could not contain our growth, but as soon as the basic needs were met, the restrictive posture took over again.

It's been the same pattern for years.

Now people are not just seeing a better economy, they have genuine hope for a brighter tomorrow, and that is fueling their dreams. which is only controlled by their imagination. 

Our society is beginning to heal and become healthy again, the snarling barking lap dogs who refuse to accept our new reality are losing ground, their senseless agitating noises becoming more of an annoyance than alarm, and as we begin to dream again we start taking those risks again, and we become alive again.

For the most part, we all want the same, to live in peace and not have to worry about wrongful imprisonment or being attacked, to be able to provide for our families,while building a secure future, and to dwell in happiness.

That's the fundamental difference in this recovery that sets it apart from almost all the rest, Americans have hope for tomorrow again, and that's why this will equal at least, or I think surpass, even the Reagan recovery after the Wall Street crash of '87.

Go out, have fun, soak up some vitamin D if you can, it's going to be a beautiful day... DM

• Upvote 2