Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fish Recipe

moose 57

Take about 2 dozen shrimp, the size of a man's thumb, and devein them, leaving a nice open slit down their back. In the slit, push a pinch of horseradish in each. Wrap each one with a half slice of bacon and stick a toothpick (wooden) through to hold them together. Dip in your favorite BBQ sauce, and toss 'em on the barbie until crispy.

Repeat until your friends say they can't eat anymore.

No way. I would be broke! LOL

Get a pan with some raised sides. (we use the pan we cook biscuits in) Put a raised grill inside of the pan to keep filets out of juices. Place filets on the grill. put salsa or paces or whatever type salsa and whatever heat you like on the filets. cook in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for appx 20 minutes. in the meantime gather shredded cheese/cheeses and finely cut green onions. At 20 minutes take the pan out of the oven and cover the filets with the cheeses and green onions (optional) and place back in the oven until cheese has melted covering filets. Remove from oven and enjoy.

No way. I would be broke! LOL

Get a pan with some raised sides. (we use the pan we cook biscuits in) Put a raised grill inside of the pan to keep filets out of juices. Place filets on the grill. put salsa or paces or whatever type salsa and whatever heat you like on the filets. cook in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for appx 20 minutes. in the meantime gather shredded cheese/cheeses and finely cut green onions. At 20 minutes take the pan out of the oven and cover the filets with the cheeses and green onions (optional) and place back in the oven until cheese has melted covering filets. Remove from oven and enjoy.

What kind of fish do you use...sounds great!

Another of my favorites: Crappie Chowder Expensive Recipe but yummy.

Take a bag of ten filets and dice them into small chunks 5 slices of bacon crumbled and cooked and set to the side. Keep the bacon drippings and put 1/2 cup of chopped onion 1/2 cup chopped carrots 1/4th cup chopped celery cook on medium heat until tender stirring constantly. Add filets add four to five red potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Add 1 cup of water 1/2 teaspoon of salt 1/4th teaspoon of pepper bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for eight to ten minutes. Gently stir in one 16 ounce can of evaporated milk one 16 ounce can of cream style corn one can of chopped clams cook over medium heat 7-10 minutes. Throw in a bag of cooked shrimp deveined and detailed. When the shrimp is heated it is ready to serve. Crumble the bacon over the top and enjoy.

Fish For Kids

Growing up in my family we were introduced very early to beef, pork, chicken ... but not fish. It had to do with bones. My mother was terrified we might choke on one. Of course I was the one who did.

Anyway, as the years went by, we discovered some fish that could be filetted and cut so that there were no bones. And even later we could buy frozen fish filets with no bones. What a bonus!!!! ... or I should say boneless !!!!

So when this became available, we started using fish as the second choice on the bbq, but just plain fish was sometimes boring and you know kids ... they all wanted

something different. So ... we did this ...

Cut fish into roughly square filets

For each filet cut a piece of tin foil large enough to fold over and seal the edges

Butter the tin foil on the side that will have the fish on it, then put the fish on it

These can be left stacked in the fridge until bbq time

The idea was to let each kid have a piece of fish on tin foil

They would doctor their own fish with their own "toppings"

Mom liked to cook white fish with onion slices and lemon slices, and that got all this started.)

Toppings:

sliced lemon, thin

sliced onion rings, thin

sliced tomatoes, not too thin

sliced pickles, dill and sweet

sliced picked cocktail onions

sliced olives

mustard

ketchup (for my weird sister)

sweet relish

asparagus cut in half and then sliced very thin

potatoes sliced very thin

salt, pepper, garlic (powder or fresh)

whatever spices you or your kids like on plain fish

Note: sometimes a kid isn't sure what to put on so we would tell them to cook it naked ... got lots of little kid laughter, and then they could try a bite with each of what they thought might work. Then the second piece they could use the topping before it was cooked.

So each kid took a square of buttered foil complete with fish in place. They could use anything from the condiment (toppings) list and put it on top, underneigth, or along side the fish, and if the kids were little enough they might have to have a grown up do the folding so it would stay together long enouth to cook. You might want to punch a couple of holes in the foil packet ... on top for steam or on bottom if it is a juicy fish to let the extra water out. Have a black marker that writes on the foil and put each kid's initial on his/her fish packet.

As you know it takes no time at all to cook fish on the grill, but you may have to look a few times 'cause the kids always think their's must be done by now.

We added to the list of toppings as years went on, or depending on whose house we were at or who had been invited. Sometimes my mom would invite and tell people to bring the toppings they liked and she would just supply the fish. Most of the burger toppings went well on the fish, but I have yet to have anyone rave about putting steak sauce on fish so I wouldn't recommend that one.

This was so much fun that we had fish bbq for a couple of birthdays when I was young. It wasn't always easy to find things all the kids would eat and moms must get tired of making hot dogs and chocolate cake. So coming to a birthday party at my house might mean something different ... like bbq white fish, corn on the cob and popsicles for dessert. Nothing to clean afterwards. Never had any of the kids refuse the fish when they could make it different by themselves.

• Upvote 1

We eat lotsa fish at my house. :)

Halibut: (or any firm whitefish)

Absolute favorite:

Mix half and half italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.

1 egg whisked.

coat 1" to 2" chunks of Halibut in egg, roll in crumbly mixture, bake in sprayed baking disk @ 300 for 20 minutes.

Salmon or Halibut or whatever:

Recipe 1

1 part butter, melted (about 1/2 cup)

1 part fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 cup)

1 TBS dry mustard

whisk all together, pour over fish in sprayed pan, bake at 300F until done--depends on size of pieces. Can be baked in sealed aluminum foil packet too. I usually shape an aluminum foil around the fish to keep the liquid up on the fish, and not all over the pan. That's how I get away with 1 cup of sauce.

Recipe 2

Lemon & Butter sauce, as above,

Any combination of spices...thyme, marjoram, rosmary, oregano, whatever you like on fish...sprinkled on top.