Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fish Recipe

moose 57

1) favorite Yellowtail recipe;

smother boneless yellowtail fillet both side with "Best Foods" real mayonaise, put it on thick.

wrap with raw bacon and hold in place with toothpicks if necessary.

BBQ to medium rare and enjoy.

p.s. don't eat the bacon, it will probably be burned anyway.

******************************************************************************************************************

2) sour cream herring on a club cracker.

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 1

1) favorite Yellowtail recipe;

smother boneless yellowtail fillet both side with "Best Foods" real mayonaise, put it on thick.

wrap with raw bacon and hold in place with toothpicks if necessary.

BBQ to medium rare and enjoy.

p.s. don't eat the bacon, it will probably be burned anyway.

******************************************************************************************************************

2) sour cream herring on a club cracker.

When the bacon is done , it is edible!

Okay a fish recipe.

Start with salmon

It can be canned salmon, red or pink or keta or anything you want. Even better is a salmon you have gone out and caught yourself. That way you have a couple of salmon steaks to take off and you can bake the rest, then when it cools, flake it from all the bones (don't want any bones in this recipe 'cause you'll only find them when they find you, painfully.

So, because I don't go salmon fishing, for me it is canned salmon, but my dad used to bring home salmon when I was a kid and I remember the whole house scented with baking salmon and then helping mom to remove the bones and flake what was left the next morning.

So, make up scallopped potatoes. I won't put the recipe here 'cause everyone has their own favourites. My mom used fresh potatoes, lots of sliced onions, and rather than flour and butter and milk for the sauce, she would use cream of mushroom soup, thick as it comes from the can.

Anyway, in your scallopped potatoes, however you make them, usually you alternate some of the potatoes with onions and then sauce stuff and then potatoes. Well this time you add more, you add layer that consist of some of the flaked cooked (or canned) salmon, and peas. Here, personally I like the frozen peas because they are so much greener than canned. Of course if you are doing this at a time when your own garden is producing your own peas, go ahead, they are even better.

If you want to do this in a hurry, you can use one of the better, and I mean good brand, not store brand, mixes for the scallopped potatoes. Clean one can of salmon and drain one can of peas, slice up an extra onion thinly and pull the rings apart, mix it all up together and follow baking instructions.

If you are doing it from scratch or even partly, you should have a good sized cassarole layered with potatoes, onions, sauce (mushroom soups, a few spoons full dropped on top of what is on top so far) salmon and peas, then more potatoes and sauce and onions and ... well, you just keep going until it is all used up.

Bake as you would if you were making just scallopped potatoes. The fish is already cooked and the onions and potatoes and peas will take the same time to cook.

This was a dish my mom did not make, but we were taught how to by my dad. He liked salmon, and in our house mom and kids were Catholic and dad wasn't. So meatless Fridays became boring if it was scrambled eggs with cheese sauce all the time. So one week mom was really tied in knots for a lot of reasons, you know how it can be trying to keep house, raise three little kids of your own and since you are the only mom not working within a four block radius all the other families kids end up at your place ... well, she let her temper show. So dad took up the reins, or in this case the cooking utensils and said fine, he'd take care of Friday dinners, and she shouldn't worry. Well he made the wonder stuff described above three Fridays in a row. By that time he was sick of it and since it was one of his few meatless masterpieces the fourth Friday of every month he would bundle us all up in the old truck and we'd go off to town and have fish and chips at Baird's Fish And Chips ... in my life I have never tasted any better.

Anyway, I hope you try this "fish" meal.

The only other I have is from fishing all day on the dock on one of the great lakes. Didn't matter what we caught, anything that close to shore where the water wasn't all that clean, with fishing fleets coming and going, well, it got used to fertilize mom's roses. But when the fleet came in Dad would buy a big package of perch filets. The fishermen, on the way into shore from the site of the fish, took the time to filet and descale a certain amount of perch, small fish, knowing they could sell them for a fair dollar scaled and filleted and no receipt so no government watchman finding out. Oops, should I have said that? Well, anyway, we always made it a weekend trip to share a cabin there that some neighbours owned. My brother and sister and I would "fish" all day and have a blast playing around, and then the kids from the other family would come down at the end of the day and both families would eat perch till we almost looked like them.

How to prepare? Simple. Cast iron fry pan, or other if you don't have one. Quarter pound of butter at least, melted into the fry pan. Plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper in it. Wash off the scaled fillets. Toss them one at a time in the bag and shake. Pull out of the bag of flour and drop carefully (I still have some burn marks) into the hot butter in the hot pan. Start shaking the next fillet. Keep the temperature hot hot but not so hot it will burn anything. If burning starts turn the heat down just a tad. Flip the fillets. By the time you flip them, they are almost done. But you leave them just long enough to brown, and crisp, the top side, then let them drain a moment on a paper towel, plunk it on the first empty plate you see. You might want four or more frypans going. You might also want potato salad or green salad or veggies but I can almost guarantee that once people start eating the perch they won't want the other stuff. This perch was GOOD,

So there you go ... two fish recipes on a page for one.

:)

smee2

Cod Fish Tacos

Ingredients;

give or take 1-lb of Cod fish (fresh or frozen, your choice, just make sure the fish is thawed, if frozen tongue.gif )

Flour with heavy seasoning for dredging (salt and pepper for sure. I also use Emeril's Bayou Blast)

About half of a head of cabbage (finely shredded)

1 cup of non-fat yogurt

1 cup of mayonnaise

half a lemon

6-8 flour tortillas

Deep fry tortillas, first. When deep frying the tortillas, get a metal spatula to drive down the center of the tortilla to form the taco shape, fry for several minutes until the taco is a light golden color. Then, cut the fish into strips, cut in half if the fillets are long. Dredge the cod in the seasoned flour and deep fry. While deep frying fish, shred cabbage and make the sauce. Fish will turn a light golden color when finished, maybe 5 minutes cook time. To make the sauce; Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, half a lemon and salt and pepper. To assemble tacos; grab a taco shell, fill with cod, then cabbage, then drizzle sauce over the top. These are yummy!

• Downvote 1

Okay a fish recipe.

Start with salmon

It can be canned salmon, red or pink or keta or anything you want. Even better is a salmon you have gone out and caught yourself. That way you have a couple of salmon steaks to take off and you can bake the rest, then when it cools, flake it from all the bones (don't want any bones in this recipe 'cause you'll only find them when they find you, painfully.

So, because I don't go salmon fishing, for me it is canned salmon, but my dad used to bring home salmon when I was a kid and I remember the whole house scented with baking salmon and then helping mom to remove the bones and flake what was left the next morning.

So, make up scallopped potatoes. I won't put the recipe here 'cause everyone has their own favourites. My mom used fresh potatoes, lots of sliced onions, and rather than flour and butter and milk for the sauce, she would use cream of mushroom soup, thick as it comes from the can.

Anyway, in your scallopped potatoes, however you make them, usually you alternate some of the potatoes with onions and then sauce stuff and then potatoes. Well this time you add more, you add layer that consist of some of the flaked cooked (or canned) salmon, and peas. Here, personally I like the frozen peas because they are so much greener than canned. Of course if you are doing this at a time when your own garden is producing your own peas, go ahead, they are even better.

If you want to do this in a hurry, you can use one of the better, and I mean good brand, not store brand, mixes for the scallopped potatoes. Clean one can of salmon and drain one can of peas, slice up an extra onion thinly and pull the rings apart, mix it all up together and follow baking instructions.

If you are doing it from scratch or even partly, you should have a good sized cassarole layered with potatoes, onions, sauce (mushroom soups, a few spoons full dropped on top of what is on top so far) salmon and peas, then more potatoes and sauce and onions and ... well, you just keep going until it is all used up.

Bake as you would if you were making just scallopped potatoes. The fish is already cooked and the onions and potatoes and peas will take the same time to cook.

This was a dish my mom did not make, but we were taught how to by my dad. He liked salmon, and in our house mom and kids were Catholic and dad wasn't. So meatless Fridays became boring if it was scrambled eggs with cheese sauce all the time. So one week mom was really tied in knots for a lot of reasons, you know how it can be trying to keep house, raise three little kids of your own and since you are the only mom not working within a four block radius all the other families kids end up at your place ... well, she let her temper show. So dad took up the reins, or in this case the cooking utensils and said fine, he'd take care of Friday dinners, and she shouldn't worry. Well he made the wonder stuff described above three Fridays in a row. By that time he was sick of it and since it was one of his few meatless masterpieces the fourth Friday of every month he would bundle us all up in the old truck and we'd go off to town and have fish and chips at Baird's Fish And Chips ... in my life I have never tasted any better.

The only other I have is from fishing all day on the dock on one of the great lakes. Didn't matter what we caught, anything that close to shore where the water wasn't all that clean, with fishing fleets coming and going, well, it got used to fertilize mom's roses. But when the fleet came in Dad would buy a big package of perch filets. The fishermen, on the way into shore from the site of the fish, took the time to filet and descale a certain amount of perch, small fish, knowing they could sell them for a fair dollar scaled and filleted and no receipt so no government watchman finding out. Oops, should I have said that? Well, anyway, we always made it a weekend trip to share a cabin there that some neighbours owned. My brother and sister and I would "fish" all day and have a blast playing around, and then the kids from the other family would come down at the end of the day and both families would eat perch till we almost looked like them.

How to prepare? Simple. Cast iron fry pan, or other if you don't have one. Quarter pound of butter at least, melted into the fry pan. Plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper in it. Wash off the scaled fillets. Toss them one at a time in the bag and shake. Pull out of the bag of flour and drop carefully (I still have some burn marks) into the hot butter in the hot pan. Start shaking the next fillet. Keep the temperature hot hot but not so hot it will burn anything. If burning starts turn the heat down just a tad. Flip the fillets. By the time you flip them, they are almost done. But you leave them just long enough to brown, and crisp, the top side, then let them drain a moment on a paper towel, plunk it on the first empty plate you see. You might want four or more frypans going. You might also want potato salad or green salad or veggies but I can almost guarantee that once people start eating the perch they won't want the other stuff. This perch was GOOD,

smee2

sorry smee2,

I will not use that recipe! Sorry you had a bad experience. I eat a lot of fish and I am looking for some recipes!!!

Cod Fish Tacos

Ingredients;

give or take 1-lb of Cod fish (fresh or frozen, your choice, just make sure the fish is thawed, if frozen tongue.gif )

Flour with heavy seasoning for dredging (salt and pepper for sure. I also use Emeril's Bayou Blast)

1 cup of non-fat yogurt

1 cup of mayonnaise

half a lemon

6-8 flour tortillas

Deep fry tortillas, first. When deep frying the tortillas, get a metal spatula to drive down the center of the tortilla to form the taco shape, fry for several minutes until the taco is a light golden color. Then, cut the fish into strips, cut in half if the fillets are long. Dredge the cod in the seasoned flour and deep fry. While deep frying fish, shred cabbage and make the sauce. Fish will turn a light golden color when finished, maybe 5 minutes cook time. To make the sauce; Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, half a lemon and salt and pepper. To assemble tacos; grab a taco shell, fill with cod, then cabbage, then drizzle sauce over the top. These are yummy!

Going to do it!

Okay a fish recipe.

Start with salmon

smee2

re-read. Sorry!!!! Will try it!

Cod Fish Tacos

Ingredients;

1 cup of non-fat yogurt

1 cup of mayonnaise

half a lemon

6-8 flour tortillas

Oh yaa! will do

Different Carp Recipe

Spread out newspaper. Place carp on newspaper, cover with onions, green bell pepper, salt, pepper, white wine, and butter. Cook slowly on the grill, about 10 minutes per pound. Open newspaper, throw carp away and eat the newspaper.

• Upvote 2

Cod Fish Tacos

Ingredients;

1 cup of non-fat yogurt

1 cup of mayonnaise

half a lemon

6-8 flour tortillas

Sounds good and easy...gonna try this!

When the bacon is done , it is edible!

yes it would be edible, and I love bacon, but it just doesn't taste very good after the fish is cooked in it, besides eating the bacon takes away from the fish meat flavor experience. you can save it and eat it afterwards if you want.

enjoy

• Upvote 1

sorry smee2,

I will not use that recipe! Sorry you had a bad experience. I eat a lot of fish and I am looking for some recipes!!!

Huh?????

That WAS a fish receipe. In fact it was TWO fish recipes. The first one I have had guests request the recipe for, and I have given it to them and the second one is so obvious since everyone is involved that no one had to ask, just pass the plate and have more.

Did I do or say something that upset you? Do I have to be a dedicated fisherperson to be allowed to submit my fish recipies? I have more but I don't think it would be worth the offering if the criteria is something of which I am not aware. If there are some additional rules ... let us know, eh?

:huh:

msee2

Huh?????

That WAS a fish receipe. In fact it was TWO fish recipes. The first one I have had guests request the recipe for, and I have given it to them and the second one is so obvious since everyone is involved that no one had to ask, just pass the plate and have more.

Did I do or say something that upset you? Do I have to be a dedicated fisherperson to be allowed to submit my fish recipies? I have more but I don't think it would be worth the offering if the criteria is something of which I am not aware. If there are some additional rules ... let us know, eh?

:huh:

msee2

I re-read it. Sorry, it looks awesome!!!

I will try it!

Take a grouper or snapper fillet salt pepper then dredge in egg then corn flake crumbs (can purchase in most supermarkets) then shallow pan fry in peanut oil......delicious, quick and simple. Works well with any white fish.

Both are great!

Take about 2 dozen shrimp, the size of a man's thumb, and devein them, leaving a nice open slit down their back. In the slit, push a pinch of horseradish in each. Wrap each one with a half slice of bacon and stick a toothpick (wooden) through to hold them together. Dip in your favorite BBQ sauce, and toss 'em on the barbie until crispy.

Repeat until your friends say they can't eat anymore.

Take about 2 dozen shrimp, the size of a man's thumb, and devein them, leaving a nice open slit down their back. In the slit, push a pinch of horseradish in each. Wrap each one with a half slice of bacon and stick a toothpick (wooden) through to hold them together. Dip in your favorite BBQ sauce, and toss 'em on the barbie until crispy.

Repeat until your friends say they can't eat anymore.

This sounds Great!